Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does it really matter?

I understand what the OP is saying to a degree. I've seen some posts get out of hand and really hateful. Not toward me, but others. I try to stay out of the drama and just scroll on by :rolleyes: . This is a public forum and there will be people you don't like, don't agree with, etc. But can't we, as adults, express our differeing opinions in a respectful way? I will say that the majority of those on this forum are very helpful and well meaning. I still come back here so I'm obviously getting something positive out of it!

What the OP may be talking about is the judgemental attitude in the sense of "if you don't do things exactly the way I do then you're doing it wrong and you are going to ruin your sleeve and die" (I'm exaggerating a bit). I've seen this in some posts (again, not directed toward me) and it bugs me.

I must be fortunate enough to live in a world of rainbows and unicorns! I've never once thought of this forum in this manner nor have I ever felt "judged, ridiculed, discriminated against, our spirits crushed because of our (my) weight".

On a happier note, I went to a consignment store today and bought 4 pairs of size 14 capris and 5 size large tops today. I also weighed in at 197.5 at my three month follow up today, 2 pounds less than my home scale and I was fully dressed instead of buck nekky. WOOOT WOOOT!!

Oh sorry...got side tracked by my skittle pooping ponies.

CONGRATS!!

It is sad that to seek respect or peace is likened to seeking imaginary fantasy beasts. Just because somebody isn't doing things your own way isn't necessarily wrong. Yet many treat it that way. Sometimes it doesn't come across as helpful but more of a lecture. I wonder how many find lecturing to be motivating for them.

I'm sure some people say things to get arise out of someone or to start a conversation. Life is full of judgements, whether it is because of weight, sexual orientation, your choice of a significant other, what we wore over the weekend, or the job we do. When we get a review or feedback at work there is a level of judgement included. How an individual deals with negative comments is what does or does not do is what defines them as a person. If we all we not able to deal with judgements we wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning. Everyone is entitled to their respective opinion whether I or you agree or not. You should make sure you are not judging others as harshly as you have accused them of doing.

I don't agree with all you stated but respect your right to say it.

It is sad that to seek respect or peace is likened to seeking imaginary fantasy beasts. Just because somebody isn't doing things your own way isn't necessarily wrong. Yet many treat it that way. Sometimes it doesn't come across as helpful but more of a lecture. I wonder how many find lecturing to be motivating for them.

Oh goodness! I wasn't making that comparison at all! I was simply stating that I've not seen or felt what you described in your OP on this forum or in my personal life.

I was just poking a bit of fun at the Candyland I live in because I usually float through my days in a giddy little universe all of my own. Don't get me wrong, I have my share of moments, but I rarely take things personally, especially when it's a stranger on the Internet that's acting a fool. ;)

Listen ... we are hungry and moody (and hormonal for us women). This is a fat people trying to get skinny forum... hello!!

Having said that though (and after I ate something and had my coffee), I do like it when everyone's nice and helpful.

nursebarbie,

did you really just spend all that time writing out your first post to try to make a point and THEN be rude and judgemental toward someone for trying to make a light hearted joke?

cmon, seriously?

nursebarbie,

did you really just spend all that time writing out your first post to try to make a point and THEN be rude and judgemental toward someone for trying to make a light hearted joke?

cmon, seriously?

My ponies are still flying. It's all good.

Can I have my click back.. Reading some of these posts while I have my coffee is like watching Maury Povich.. People are mean specially fat people who are food deprived moody and think they're all frigging experts because they had a section of their stomach removed. I admit I'm a bit of a cuntasourous I try to keep it at a minimum on here since I don't want to be perceived as a meanie lol.. Oh wait this post wasn't about me.. Yeah that's one of my gripes why do people read more into posts that have nothing to do with them??

nursebarbie,

cmon, seriously?

What was mean about that last post of mine you are referring to? Maybe you should re read your post to me first and consider the source.

Nursebarbie.. I have seen exactly what you are talking about and for those who haven't I hope you never do.

Nursebarbie.. I have seen exactly what you are talking about and for those who haven't I hope you never do.

So have I :D

You are right and I bow down to you. Infact let's fire all the doctors too since most cardiologists have never had a hear attack so what do they know? And those male ob gyns too! Imagine them knowing how to deal with being pregnant! When I go back to work in a week I will be sure to tell all the other nurses and doctors that we are idiots who cannot advise anyone of health issues unless we have the same medical problems. And we better find shrinks who are crazy too right? After it takes one to know one right?

You deserve the blue ribbon for this line of thought. Thanks for a laugh.

Great. A doctor of philosophy. Not a medical doctor so I personally do not care.

You personally attacked me out of all the posters who felt the same way as me. To me that does not demostrate someone who has a very well rounded education. Especially a doctorate of philosophy which balances its points of view with reason and deep thought. I hate to tell you this but its just a gastric surgery not a quadruple bypass or massive traumatic brain surgery. Many people have their stomach removed for other reasons than weight loss and go on with their lives. I find you to be rude to single out one poster in this thread when many others echoed my point of view. I shared something very personal with the other members. By doing what you have done you have demostrated zero compassion and zero common sense.