Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everybody.. I'm glad I have come across this thread, for I am too, very regretful of having the surgery and am in a very dark place right now. Most of my regret is due to the doubts I had about the surgery prior and up until that very day. I'm so upset with myself for going through with it even though I wasn't completely sure. I wish I could take it back and listened to myself, but now it's too late. I feel like I made the worst mistake of my life. I'm sorry for being so negative, but I truly am in desperation and was hoping someone out there could tell me that these feelings will pass and it will get better.

I would appreciate any help, thank you

Hi Journey619,

Just checking in. You know, I read the post and everyone offers some good feedback. I hope you are feeling a bit more encuraged after these responses. But I thought about your username(journey...) and just wanted to remind you that you on some level realized that that is what you are on. As I said, my first 6 weeks were not fun, and I have had my fair share of doubt and regret, but I also keep in mind what I have gained from this journey so far. I am off of my diabetes and bp meds. I can cross my legs( I know, may seem insignificant, but a big deal for me), I am taking care of myself, I am facing how big of a role food played in my life and trying to find new healthy ways of addressing this, and hell if all els fails, I remember that I am 40+ lbs lighter :D ! If you are struggling with your new reality, and mourning the loss of your old relationship with food, know that this is a part of the journey. If you need support, get it! You have a community here, but sometimes we need additional help. Remember that you are a brave person, and it took a huge amount of strength and courage to decide to have WLS and to take control of your life again. Don't give up....I am not sure what the source of the regret is( for me, it was the loss of being able to eat what I wanted, when I wanted), but keep finding support. I found this blog and I find it offers me ideas and encouragement. Check it out, I hope it helps:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

OMG... I AM ALL OVER THE PLACE! I sleeved on 7/2/2013, and I am miserable, until this morning I got up playing dress up, in a suit I bout over a yr ago and it was so cheap I said, Ill loose the weight. I have lose about 41 lbs. Now, that is all and well but dang, I can not keep nothing down, I hate the taste of any Protein crysatl light mix, and I have had no protien in almost 3 weeks! My skin is chainging, I am not getting enough rest and those darn Vitamins. Now I was well prepared for this surgery, all the info that I needed, so I thought. Nothing could prepare me for how I feel inside. You would had thought, she should be happy, she is fitting in her clothes, but I feel miserable. I need to get this protein in, I want to eat, but my doc is telling me I am still healing. I thought I was ready for the life change but I keep looking at crock pot reciepes. Ill cook a egg and even that comes up, I chew chew chew and sip sip sip and all I can keep down is Water and tea! UGGGHHHHHH. WTH is going on!!!!!! Emotionally I am a mess. (sitting at my desk with my head on my keyboard). ALL OVER THE PLACE! :(

OMG... I AM ALL OVER THE PLACE! I sleeved on 7/2/2013' date=' and I am miserable, until this morning I got up playing dress up, in a suit I bout over a yr ago and it was so cheap I said, Ill loose the weight. I have lose about 41 lbs. Now, that is all and well but dang, I can not keep nothing down, I hate the taste of any Protein crysatl light mix, and I have had no protien in almost 3 weeks! My skin is chainging, I am not getting enough rest and those darn Vitamins. Now I was well prepared for this surgery, all the info that I needed, so I thought. Nothing could prepare me for how I feel inside. You would had thought, she should be happy, she is fitting in her clothes, but I feel miserable. I need to get this Protein in, I want to eat, but my doc is telling me I am still healing. I thought I was ready for the life change but I keep looking at crock pot reciepes. Ill cook a egg and even that comes up, I chew chew chew and sip sip sip and all I can keep down is Water and tea! UGGGHHHHHH. WTH is going on!!!!!! Emotionally I am a mess. (sitting at my desk with my head on my keyboard). ALL OVER THE PLACE! :([/quote']

I was exactly like you except I couldn't drink Water. it does get better. Your health is why you are doing this! Make Soups, chicken broth, fruity Greek yogurt. Just get some protein I. Or else your skin WILL change. Trust me, this too shall pass. I couldn't stomach eggs either but soft scramble with some cheese mxed in. Get laughing cow soft wedges and eat them. ANYTHING to get in some protein. You will never feel step get unless you do. You CAN do this. Just try to wrap your mind around the fact that you will be healthy AND beautiful if you try try try!! I want you to succeed and so do all the rest of us!!

Thank you so much, I hope I an keep it down, I will go by that cheese today and try. I stopped doing the broths cause they too came up, but I am going to keep trying. Thanks again

I'm sorry you are having trouble with the Protein. That's probably why you feel so bad! You need the protein!! Have you tried different kinds...soy based, whey based, fruit flavored, chocolate, vanilla...you may want to try to Water it down for a while so the flavor isn't so strong. Try to find some samples so you have more variety. And please talk to your dr. He may have other ideas for you. Good luck and never give up!

Thanks so much.

Protein Ideas:

ready to drink shakes like Isopure, Cytosport (they're really strong fruity, I had to Water them down, not a strong Protein taste), Oh Yeah milk shakes, Muscle Milk light, EAS carb control shakes (shake well)

unflavored protein mixed into chocolate pudding

FF or LF cottage cheese

greek yogurt with fruit (do Dannon light and fit greek, has least amount of carbs)

Wendy's chili

Try the recipes at http://thesurgeonscookbook.blogspot.com/ (free download) - especially the Mexican Lasagna - I've had it with and without baking it with the tortillas and it's very good. I like the ground meat with tomatoes and veggies all mixed together. Less thinking, get the protein, can easily measure the portion.

I split up when I take my Vitamins and my Calcium. The chewable Calcium wasn't sitting well, so I switched to the soft chews. My chewable Multivitamin is Bariatric Advantage. It's smaller than the Celebrate one. And I had to change flavor because it wasn't sitting well either. I found that if I change if I have Water first or not it helps. Sometimes it's OK and sometimes not.

I'm sorry you're having such trouble! Good luck!

In the hosp did they give you any Soup or tuna fish? They made us eat some before we are let out. Ist day out they said try tuna, egg sald scrambled eggs , ricotta cheese, avocado, anything you can mush. I mushed up with a fork , chicken gyro, Soups from Panera with pieces of chicken that you chew and chew till is is mushed. The best thing I had second day out was 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes tiny bit of gravy and some mushed chicken in it. went down smooth. peanut butter.. all of this is protein!! Good luck and try some you will feel better! As my doc says if you could mush it you could eat it!!

Is having regret a normal part of this sleeve process? I was sleeved on 7/30 and i know it hasnt been that long but im dehydrated cant eat ntg because im so worried about getting liquids down. Im still not drinking enough.. im weak.. dont feel like doing ntg and im still not in the mood to get back to work.. i still feel pain when i breathe in when i lay on my right side im still uncomfortable.. i dont know what to do. Im feeling as if i made a mistake. I been trying to eat different soft foods i get nauseated all the time. Im constanly burping especially when i eat. Im taking meds for the reflux.. i hope it gets better.. i didnt imagine it would be like this. Please help!! Any advise???!!

Indiana I'm on day 8 and I've had that thought seeing as everything I put in comes out..in 30 mins...I think u gta find wut u cn tolerate. .this Protein ain't no joke..gt the 60 in...I'm gonna tk this seriously fore I'm not goin bk n for dehydration or a Protein deficiency. ..

Thank you so much, I hope I an keep it down, I will go by that cheese today and try. I stopped doing the broths cause they too came up, but I am going to keep trying. Thanks again

OMG... I AM ALL OVER THE PLACE! I sleeved on 7/2/2013, and I am miserable, until this morning I got up playing dress up, in a suit I bout over a yr ago and it was so cheap I said, Ill loose the weight. I have lose about 41 lbs. Now, that is all and well but dang, I can not keep nothing down, I hate the taste of any Protein crysatl light mix, and I have had no protien in almost 3 weeks! My skin is chainging, I am not getting enough rest and those darn Vitamins. Now I was well prepared for this surgery, all the info that I needed, so I thought. Nothing could prepare me for how I feel inside. You would had thought, she should be happy, she is fitting in her clothes, but I feel miserable. I need to get this protein in, I want to eat, but my doc is telling me I am still healing. I thought I was ready for the life change but I keep looking at crock pot reciepes. Ill cook a egg and even that comes up, I chew chew chew and sip sip sip and all I can keep down is Water and tea! UGGGHHHHHH. WTH is going on!!!!!! Emotionally I am a mess. (sitting at my desk with my head on my keyboard). ALL OVER THE PLACE! :(

I am 7 weeks post op and still struggling on some days to get it right. Yesterday started out great, was able to get half a Premier Protein shake down and had breakfast(mini crust less quiche). But by afternoon, everything just started coming up. I couldn't even keep fluids down. Vomited 5+ times yesterday. But you know what, I just went to bed, and got up this morning, reflected on what wins I had yesterday(I didn't end up at the hospital), and pulled out another premier vanilla drink and preparing to start again today. I hear you, this is not easy for some of us, but we will get there. Yesterday I was really frustrated and sad, as I read how others were doing great, while I struggled to just keep fluids down. But I figure this is part of my journey. I am a foodie, so if this was easy, maybe I would have slipped back into bad behaviors by now. I just accept that anything worth having is worth fighting for and I don't give up. You will have bad days, and this is so much more emotional and mental, than physical on some levels. But you keep pushing and reaching out to your support. Try those premier protein drinks( I found they are pretty good). Try the greek yogurt and cheese if you can stomach it(I can't). Just keep trying, it will come! We are going to look back in a few months and smile!

I am quickly getting over this feeling of regret. I had to remind myself y i had this done in the 1st place. Now all i want to do is loose this weight. Any ideas or tips on what to eat for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner? I am on week 3. I am cleared to eat meat. I dont want to gain any weight back. I have lost 18lbs so far.. i am trying to get more liquids in. I just started walking yesterday.

My diet plan from my NUT is 2 weeks liquids including at least 60 g Protein. After that it is soft mushy foods, everything must be pureed. I think as long as you puree you can have mostly anything except beef is not recommended for a while. Also no rice, bread or Pasta for at least 6 months

lots of good recipes on theworldaccordingtoeggface

I am so happy to see the regret is fading and your resolve is returning!!! You CAN do this. (Ok-I will be fair and say you have no choice to now. But that choice was yours and you made an informed decision.) I suggest looking online for recipes, or maybe a trip to your local bookstore or library. I have not had my surgery yet, but I am eating the "bariatric diet" of high Protein, low carbs and calories. It has been rough at times because it does get boring when you don't know what to eat. But as I continue to look around I find more and more options, foods to incorporate into my life. Just remember the phrase "I want this so bad I can taste it"... That is your life. Your body. Want that future for yourself. It tastes so much better than anything you will ever put in your mouth!