Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going alone to Tijuana and scare to death

I am not scare about the surgery, I am afraid about traveling alone not because English, Spanish is my main language I guess just the though of going to cross the board by myself and stories about Tijuana aren't the best, any suggestion, please!!!!! Anybody that did it and can give some support and hopes :-)

When are you going? I'm going alone, but I've traveled a lot. I'm not worried. However, I'm definitely NOT visiting the Texas boarder towns anytime soon. I've heard that Tj has cleaned up a lot since all the drs who rely on Medical Tourism went on strike. The city had to crack down and clean up. It's save now...as safe as any city is.

I am going September 8 the surgery is scheduled for 9/9! I am going to be at Mi Doctor Hospital and Dr. Diaz is my surgeon he does the one incision gastric sleeve surgery using the robotic technique. The hotel will be the Marriott, hopefully you will be around the same days and we can meet and support each others, thanks!!!

We will mis each other. My surg is 8/31

Well I wish u good luck please keep me post :-) I will be praying for you!!!

I just came back from Tijuana. I went alone and got sleeved on Monday. It was not scary at all. Don't believe all the stories that you hear about Tijuana. Tijuana in this day and time is nothing like it used to be years ago. I even went with some some surgery buddies that I met at the Marriott to the Walmart and got some things. We walked, it was beautiful weather there 74 degrees and sunny. You will be surprised that you worried for nothing once you get there. Good luck with your surgery! You'll do fine!

OMG! Thank you so so much! I hope you do great with your recuperation and your new journey :-) it really make me feel better hear that you just came back and everything was good...I am so excited, I can't wait lol

I went alone as well and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. No problems whatsoever and we were out and about a good bit the third and fourth days.

I went alone as well. I went shopping and all kinds of stuff. Had a really good time actually. I met several people at florence hospital having the same surgery and I stayed at the Marriott as well. My experience was so good, I would go back for more surgery if I needed to.

Jamie

If u go to Mexcio for surgery can your insurance deny u for any medical attention pertaining to the surgery? What is there follow up system in Mexcio

I went alone and it was heaven!!!! I didn't find communicating difficult at all. The people at the Marriott speak English and the staff at my doctor's spoke English too! You will be fine!

only eat the popsicles from the store at the Marriott there in a green package about .80 cents