Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I guess this is going to be my gastric sleeve story.

Elli..

If you read around the boards, the "dreaded" 3 week stall seems to be a reality for many. All the advice, I've seen thus far on the topic is... take it easy, keep doing what you're doing, stick to the program and your body will eventually start releasing the weight again. It's an adjustment period and the body needs to adapt.

You're doing great though... I can't wait to be on the sleeved side of things!!

Thanks! For some reason I thought the 3 week stall was a stall that lasted 3 weeks. So people normally stall at the 3 week mark?

Yes, stalling the 3rd week is totally normal!

Also, stalling for 3 weeks at some point is also normal. I stalled for a whole month, lost 2lbs, and the next month I dropped 25. I always have to remind myself that it's just an adjustment period. Your body doesn't know what to do and takes time to catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

A question ...since I wont be sleeve ready till Dec.... in that 3 wk stall,when calorie intake is low....and our body and mind is adjusting....r you totally wiped out & exhausted or just taking it easy. The reason why i believe the sleeve is for me is because I can get super focused on exercise OR super focused on my diet...but it has always been so hard to do both at the same time. I am believing with the help of the sleeve I will be able to do both as u said u were doing.

A question ...since I wont be sleeve ready till Dec.... in that 3 wk stall,when calorie intake is low....and our body and mind is adjusting....r you totally wiped out & exhausted or just taking it easy. The reason why i believe the sleeve is for me is because I can get super focused on exercise OR super focused on my diet...but it has always been so hard to do both at the same time. I am believing with the help of the sleeve I will be able to do both as u said u were doing.

My energy level has stayed at an all-time high. That is only my experience though, I cannot speak for other people.

Congrats on your success!!! I'm not scheduled until nov 18th so I have tons of time to stress myself out and watch YouTube videos lol!!! There are only a handful of docs in Montana that do the surgery so I'm patiently waiting..

10/29/2013 Update

I'm still doing great. Eating has been a lot easier then it was in the beginning. I'm pretty thankful for that! I've been eating probably 500-800 calories a day consistently. I've only found a few things I cannot eat. When I have something really high in sugar I can get an upset stomach. Milk can also have the same effect on me for whatever reason. As far as solids though I haven't found anything I cannot eat. Everyday activities are so much better now. I'm able to move around so much better then I could before, I mean it is a night and day difference.

I weighed in today at 289 pounds today so that is 41 pounds gone so far. My surgery was on September 9th so that's not to bad for less then 2 months. As far as exercise I lift a couple of times a week, I also do cardio in the form of tennis nearly every day. Those two things together have really helped me burn calories on top of eating better.

If you are on the fence about this surgery let me tell you its the best decision I've ever made. Now this is only experience and I can't speak for others....but for me this has been a dream come true. Here is an updated pic of me. I don't have a before/after sorry!

ukrh.jpg

Congratulations!!! Sounds like your doing amazing!! I'm just finishing up my pre op stuff and I'll be hopefully having surgery in early December. Your an inspiration and. Love yo hear that it's been a great experience for you! How much time were you out of work? I'm hoping 11 days is enough because I see some people taking a few weeks lol. I have a desk job so I'm thinking I should be okay. Continued success! You look great and super happy !!!

4 MONTH UPDATE

Well it's been four months since I had my surgery. Life simply could not be better for me. I weighed in at 265 pounds today! I've been using the gym almost daily, I use a serious weight training program and cardio routine. This surgery has changed everything. I am a totally new man and couldn't be happier! Here are some updated pics!

Me and the sister!

4_month2.jpg

Post workout pic!

4_month1.jpg

Best choice I've ever made!

4_month.jpg

Edited by EllijayFalconFan

4 MONTH UPDATE

Well it's been four months since I had my surgery. Life simply could not be better for me. I weighed in at 265 pounds today! I've been using the gym almost daily, I use a serious weight training program and cardio routine. This surgery has changed everything. I am a totally new man and couldn't be happier! Here are some updated pics!

Me and the sister!

http://postimg.org/image/daf53nqlz/

Post workout pic!

http://postimg.org/image/ni6upjelp/

Best choice I've ever made!

http://postimg.org/image/oyt9no5xp/

Holy cow, man -- you look GREaT!! Thanks so much for popping in with an update!

Elijay! You look amazing! I so wish there had been WLS when I was 25. I'm 45 and can't wait to get this show on the road. Very inspirational!

Thanks! This has been the best experience of my life.

You look absolutely amazing!! Congrats on all your success!! :)

Time for another update!!! 8 MONTHS POST OP

I couldn't be loving life more. I have lost 109 pounds in 8 months and I'm healthier then I have ever been. This surgery has completely changed my life and its been the best choice Ive ever made. I concentrate on exercising every day. Which is crazy considering I never would have imagined a year ago that I'd love lifting so much. Muscle building has become one of my favorite hobbies. I eat probably 1500-2000 calories a day but I'm trying to build lean muscle more then lose weight. I still can't eat a lot in one sitting but if you never know I had surgery...I'd say I can eat a slightly less then average amount in one sitting. I have no health problems related to the surgery except a slight lactose intolerance. My hair also never fell out or thinned as others have experience. I feel great... Anyone considering this surgery I URGE you to go ahead. Yeah it can be trying at first but in the long run it is so worth it.

Travisbefore.jpg

Travisafter.jpg

Edited by EllijayFalconFan

Time for another update!!! 8 MONTHS POST OP

I couldn't be loving life more. I have lost 109 pounds in 8 months and I'm healthier then I have ever been. This surgery has completely changed my life and its been the best choice Ive ever made. I concentrate on exercising every day. Which is crazy considering I never would have imagined a year ago that I'd love lifting so much. Muscle building has become one of my favorite hobbies. I eat probably 1500-2000 calories a day but I'm trying to build lean muscle more then lose weight. I still can't eat a lot in one sitting but if you never know I had surgery...I'd say I can eat a slightly less then average amount in one sitting. I have no health problems related to the surgery except a slight lactose intolerance. My hair also never fell out or thinned as others have experience. I feel great... Anyone considering this surgery I URGE you to go ahead. Yeah it can be trying at first but in the long run it is so worth it.

Travisbefore.jpg

Travisafter.jpg

Reading stories like yours make me glad that i made this decision, I am 36 and 2 weeks out, I start my pre op on Saturday, and I cannot wait, I understand what you were saying about still being active, even at my weight i do 5k's mud runs, a 10 k and am training for a 1/2 marathon in sept. some day I have a goal to do this race in Chicago called the Hustle up the Hancock. I am so ready to start my new life.

Wow! You are doing a great job!! Keep it up! :)