Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeon YES! Coordinator NO!

Is it possible to schedule surgery, directly with the Dr. without having to use these coordinators. If so which Dr.'s will do this.

Absolutely, one can contact the doctor directly. Sometimes, by using a coordinator you may receive additional follow up care or a discount, but at doesn't mean you cannot book directly with the doctor themselves.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Why did the coordinator say no?

No, that's not it at all. I would just like to be able to deal with the surgeon directly. I have done a lot of reading and research and realize that there are several very good surgeons in Mexico, they are all running pretty much neck and neck as far as skill and experience goes. However, the bulk of the complaints I have read about, pertains to the coordinators. Its either poor communication, changing prices, telling people what they want to hear instead of the truth, or perhaps you just don't like the coordinator and would really like to use a particular Dr., just not them. I know it makes it easier for these Dr.'s to use a coordinator, but some of these people are really costing them business.

I deal directly with Nina in Dr. Aceves office. If you are considering going to Dr. Aceves, here is her info:

Nina Eguia

Patient Coordinator, Dr. Aceves

888 344 3916 toll free direct 619 917 9028

ninaeguiambc@gmail.com

www.mexicalibariatric.com

I guess I'm not too worried about the coordinator. I speak spanish almost fluently, and I'm used to traveling alone around the world. I'm confident even if the coordinators fall through, I'll be fine. However, I'll give the coordinator and the company bad reviews. Also, with my traveling history, I'm not requiring much from them. I haven't heard from my coordinator since I paid the deposit and sent her my airline info. I'm totally okay with that. I'd be annoyed if she was checking in with me every day! I'd probably change companies if she was bothering me so much (I'm not much of a people person)!

I didn't go with one doctor solely because the coordinator was unprofessional.

That's not an answer to op's question, but is relatable.