Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got home yesterday. Diarrhea and difficulty getting in fluids today

There have been many posts about not getting in Protein in the early days. Almost everyone is limited in Proteins early on. The fluids are most important. Push to get the requisite fluids in now and get as much protein as you can. As the days go on, the capacity for fluids and proteins expands.

You definitely need to push yourself with the Water. Constantly keep it with you and every few minutes take several small sips. It is difficult, but I promise it will get easier as time goes on. It is vital you keep yourself well hydrated. The Protein will come, worry about it more in the next two stages of your post op diet. Right now, just keep sipping as much as possible.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thanks Notime. Am beginning to wonder what the heck I've done to myself. Having trouble finding a hot liquid I can drink. Popsicles are wonderful though.

What did your Dr.outline as your post op diet progression? Are you on Clear Liquids only or can you have full liquids? Everything liquid counts as liquid - Soup, broth, popsicles (2 oz of liquid), all of it. If you are full liquids, blend the mushroom soup and then heat it. If you are on clears, try some broth. Re: diarrhea. Remember liquid in= liquid out. Welcome to the losers bench. :D

yes have the broth of the mushroom Soup and it does go toward you liquid . I lived on broth my fist 2 days. It will get eaiser. My say 7 12 pds down and can drink Water almost as fast (if I wanted) as before the sleeve.

KENNEDY-I WOULD SAY DAY 5 I WAS GOOD TO GO. TODAY IS DAY 7 AND I COULD DRINK REALLY QUICKLY AND SMOOTHLY.I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO SLOW DOWN. JUST LIKE BEFORE THE OPP . I AM ALSO CHEWING MY food REALLY WELL LIKE 1 EGG FOR Breakfast ,CHICKEN GYRO 2 SLICES FOR lunch A SMALL HALF A HAMBURGER FOR dinner AND 2 SUGER FREE ICE POPS FOR SNACKS..

kennedy- i'm so glad :) you also should make a ticker so you can see how the weight goes down. Every morning I weigh myself and then update my ticker. I know its only 14 pounds but-- I haven't lost 14 pounds like ever .

There are diet juices that are really low in sugar. 15 calories per 4 oz.

Robert Rowe