Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had the GS...excited!

:) On July 30, 2013 I had the gastric sleeve and began a whole new chapter in my life. I started this journey in January of 2013 & after a couple of setbacks...it finally happened. I cannot lie, I asked aloud on days 1, 2 & 3 as well as 5 & 6 "Why did I do this to myself?" Between pain, vomiting the liquid pain meds & low grade fever I was certain I had made a horrible mistake. Fortunately my baby sister, having had her GS performed in May, was encouraging and motivating. She advised me daily the first couple of weeks were the worst and throughout time it would get easier. She is 90+ pounds lighter and kept saying, "Keep your eyes on the prize!" Here I am 12 days post op and she was right. I kept getting better. I still have lots of questions, so I am hoping to make a few friends who have gone before me and can answer some of my concerns for me. As I hop into the forums and blogs and everything GS I say, "Hello. How do you do?" I am excited to begin...

Congrats on the decision to get healthier! It does get easier and better as time passes. I'm glad your sister is there to cheer you on.!

Welcome! You'll find a lot of great information & support on this site. :) So glad your recovery is becoming easier!

I will be having mine in 3 wks (in Mexico) & I am a little nervous after hearing how painful it can be, so it is good to hear you say that you are doing better. ; ] I am now trying to get my head in the right place as I will have to think of food in a very new way...wish me luck!

Congrats on your sleeve and welcome. Everyday will be better! :)

I get my sleeve done on Sept 16th and I wonder if it is normal to be in so much pain for several days after words. I hear some people say they have no problems at all and some say they have a lot of vomiting and pain after words. Any input would be greatly welcomed. Thanks.

I get my sleeve done on Sept 16th and I wonder if it is normal to be in so much pain for several days after words. I hear some people say they have no problems at all and some say they have a lot of vomiting and pain after words. Any input would be greatly welcomed. Thanks.

You have just, as they say, "hijacked the thread" by asking a new question off topic from the original post. Use the search function to help you browse for info that might better answer questions.

Everyone has a different experience. My guess would be that if you've had surgery before and had poor reaction to anesthesia, then chances are good that you'll have a repeat performance. People also have varying differences in pain tolerance.

Best of luck!

You have just' date=' as they say, "hijacked the thread" by asking a new question off topic from the original post. Use the search function to help you browse for info that might better answer questions.

Everyone has a different experience. My guess would be that if you've had surgery before and had poor reaction to anesthesia, then chances are good that you'll have a repeat performance. People also have varying differences in pain tolerance.

Best of luck![/quote']

Don't see how this is off topic

Welcome! Glad you are doing better. I'm a recent sleever also. Aug 3rd. I too had a rough beginning with pain & nausea. Two days on the hospital, but after I got home, things started improving by the day. I feel pretty good now, except I tire easily. It's nice to have other newbies to share the experience with. Take care & good luck!

Hey I'm also a new sleeve aug 6 I has a bad couple days of pain and nausea.. I spent 3 days in the hospital and I taught I was great walking around but I over push myself at home walking to far and having trouble getting my Protein Shakes in.. I did breakdown and ask why did I do this to myself..

But my worse part is why am I starving wanted food so bad bit good luck keep I'm touch

Don't see how this is off topic

Sorry. I am new to this site. Still trying to navigate my way around. You can have your thread back. :(

Sorry. I am new to this site. Still trying to navigate my way around. You can have your thread back. :(

Girl, don't pay any attention to her. I posted that because I truly could not see how your comment was off topic. PS Don't apologize, we are all here to learn.

Girl' date=' don't pay any attention to her. I posted that because I truly could not see how your comment was off topic. PS Don't apologize, we are all here to learn.

[/quote']

Thanks I appreciate it. This is a great site and yes I'm just trying to learn as much as I can. ;)

Congrats on the decision to get healthier! It does get easier and better as time passes. I'm glad your sister is there to cheer you on.!

Thanks so much!

I don't know my way around here either. I'm new as well. I just learned to post a reply. It's all good.