Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

august sleevers home how is everything

My first night home, my husband had bacon hot dogs with mac & cheese and even tho my stomach didn't want it, my mouth sure as heck did! I salivated like Pavlov's dog. :D

Scott ate in front of me last night, and I had no problems wanting his cheeseburger n fries! I am not craving anything, but my stomach growls even though I am getting plenty of Protein based fluids, it sucks!

. So sorry you feel badly. The swelling will eventually go down and in the hospital you will get IV fluids to stay hydrated. Hang in there!

I was sleeved yesterday aug th and am also still in hospital...didn't realize how much the gas would hurt

I was sleeved 8/6 and I am still in the hospital. liquids are not passing through as they should. Doc thinks its due to a lot of swelling from the medical equipment used in the throat area. I am very concerned and afraid. I feel terrible. Any advice?

Hi. I was sleeved on the 7th and still in the hospital. I failed the swallow test too. My advice is to get sleep, walk as much as possible and use the morphine drip. I have no pain so I avoided it but I was super nauseous. Now, after another day of rest and using the drip I feel tons better. No more nausea at all. The swelling was causing the nausea so by me resting and using pain killers it helped. Best of luck, my next swallow test is tomorrow.

hw-272, preop diet day 1-267, day of surgery- 255

Thanks for letting me know, it sounds like we are having similar experiences. The doc changed me to loratab for pain today. I am drinking a slim fast Protein Drink they have me right now, small sips and they are staying down!

Sleeved 8/6 came home 8/8 and doing well...had to switch to warm liquids because the cold gave me spasms......so no popsicles or italian ice (sf kind) for this VSG girl......so my watered down sf apple juice has just become "hot apple cider" and the crystal light became "hot lemon tea" LOL Will see what a few days brings....clear liquids only until Tuesday....then full liquids

LuvThe Cardinals, hope tomorrow is better!

Sleeved 8/2 home 8/5 and I am doing well. On full liquids. Still trying to get my Water and Protein down. It has not been so easy. Pain is minimal and I am walking good. I can not wait to be a skinny minney! Lol

sleeved 8/14 and had to stay an extra day d/t vomiing& not being able to walk ... sooo painful however eachday i feel a lil better not really focusing on Protein as just fluids to stay hydrated .... im drinking smart Water & green tea w a touch of honey & chicken broth. and ive cheated a couple of times and almost killed my self 1st w a lays potato chip...just one! 2nd w a cherry Tomato just basically chewed it up and spit it out and I almost DIED uuugh the cramping & "heaviness" that lasted like 2-3 hrs oh well ive mover on to italian ice and was suprised to finish the whole 6 oz cup ...... any thoughts ?? i hope all are getting better & strongr everyday....Skinny wishes ya'll:)

2 weeks out and I feel pretty much back to normal minus hunger and obsession with food!

Was sleeved on 8/19 and also needed an extra hospital day. Still at the hospital. Gas pain was excrutiating after surgery, and they had to install a catheter because I couldn't pee. The tiniest sip of Water gives me painful dry heaves and the worst heartburn ever. I'm having a tough recovery compared to the others I've read about recently. :(

Was sleeved on 8/19 and also needed an extra hospital day. Still at the hospital. Gas pain was excrutiating after surgery' date=' and they had to install a catheter because I couldn't pee. The tiniest sip of Water gives me painful dry heaves and the worst heartburn ever. I'm having a tough recovery compared to the others I've read about recently. :([/quote']

Day 7 post-op for me. It has not been an easy week. Soreness, gas, muscle spams, limited intake, sleepless nights, etc. But I have learned to focus on each day. Not yesterday or tomorrow. What works 1 day may not work the next. Will be thinking about you. Get sleep when your body says so & walk when you are upright :)

For me, sleeved on 8/2- I am having issues getting my Protein and Water in. I am weak today and concerned with dehydration- I am going to plant myself at my desk and sip, sip, sip all day- hope I feel better by tomorrow!!

I'm having a really tough time getting my Protein and fluids in and feel so weak...I just don't feel like eating anything or sipping anything anyone else have this? I'm sipping Water but having bowel movements alot and feel like it's comming right out of me

(Jma32)

Feeling the same way - I was sleeved 8/16 - maybe it's too soon - but I can only hold down Water , crystal light peach tea, and broth- feeling like everything is going straight through me. I can't so Protein just yet makes me sick . Hope your doing better !

9 days post op, some days I can get my Protein and fluids in and some days not so much. A little soreness by my belly button but getting better everyday.

Sleeved 8/5 so I'm 2 weeks 2 days out (16 days) and saw my surgeon for my post-op today. Lost 14 pounds which isn't a helluva lot however my pre-op diet was no different than I normally eat so I was basically in maintenance. I had been struggling to maintain at around 265-268 and not gain any more during this whole run up to surgery. I went to the info session in January and then when my PCP did my "3 month monitored diet" as required by my insurance, I gained from about 260 to 268/270. I had been battling to keep it there ever since until I got the sleeve. Other than lack of vigor, my recovery seems to be going quite normally. The Dr. says at my age and with two (hernia repair and the sleeve) surgeries at 16 days out I am doing exactly as expected. He is satisfied with my weight loss and was pleased that I'm hitting my liquid and Protein goals. Monday I am going back to work and going to just take it one day at a time and rebuild my energy day by day.

Onward through the fog...

Hi all glad to be on the other side took some time but I made it. Sleeved on the 19th home the next day can't believe how good I feel. I drove into town to pay some bills then went for a ride. got my Protein an Water in.also had two popsicles Im pretty happy today. Doug from Michigan