Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have read that wearing compression garments after surgery helps to avoid loose hanging skin. Just as a PSA lane bryant is currently offering 60% off of their clearance and there is a pair of Spanx available for $15 after the discount code (ONEDAYLB). http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-sale-clothing-initmate-apparel/clearance-intimates/4053c16654/index.cat?currentIndex=1&pageSize=96&Mpper=96&Mpos=1 I had been able to resist the urge to purchase clothes, but I couldnt pass up on spanx at this price, especially since I plan to wear them constantly after surgery. Hope someone else can use it too.

THANK YOU!! I planned on buying one for EVERY levl of my body!!

I swear by my Spanx, but my surgeon said no compression garments until incisions are completely healed. Was anyone else told the same?

I was just looking through all that clearance and thinking its too bad I don't know what size I will be next summer. Then I realized- I hope I'm not Lane Bryant size next summer! They have some cute Maxi dresses.

I have never worn them. Are they hard to pull on? Does it leave a fat roll/bulge at the top and bottom?

I had my 1st post op appt today & explained to my surgeon that I use an exercise waist belt to "hold me".

I feel when I get out of bed or walk, there's too much uncomfortable jiggling going on. He advised that it's ok to secure my stomach area, but not to make it too tight (as if I'm about to exercise). He aslo advised no Spanx, girdles, or tight support just yet.

I hope this helps.

I havent had the surgery yet so I havent gotten the advice about when Spanx are ok, does anyone know why they are unapproved and when they become acceptable? I love spanx, they are very spandexy and comfortable once you get them on. I usually get them in a much smaller size than I should and figure out how to get myself into them. My sister has helped me on occasion and she made up a song "do the running back, do the running back". Right, if you dont get it think of a football player quickly running in place on the field, dont know why but this helps to get them on. To me, no matter how small I have gotten them they dont hurt and I have been known to go to sleep in them. They are a lot of work to take on and off, they also have a tendency to crush the booty, but those would be my only complaints. They do not leave bulges really from anywhere, but I always wear the high waisted ones that go right under my boobs so there is no place for a bulge to go, they basically smooth it out. I was desperately wanting to buy clothes from laney b myself, but I was thinking I have surgery 8/16 by next summer I plan to be skinny and shopping in "normal" stores.

I havent had the surgery yet so I havent gotten the advice .

My Dr. said while your incisions are healing they need to be kept dry and free from the irritation of clothes rubbing against them to prevent re-opening and infection. I'm not happy about giving up my Spanx, but I understand the reasoning.

The only experience I have with Spanx was about 4 yrs ago (weighed 250). They left a roll over the top. Guess the fat has to go SOMEWHERE...

The only experience I have with Spanx was about 4 yrs ago (weighed 250). They left a roll over the top. Guess the fat has to go SOMEWHERE...

Thats what I was wondering about. I can picture this tiny little waist and hips with inner tubes around my midriff and each thigh lol. Truthfully though, even if they don't leave a roll it sounds painful to struggle into them.

I swear by my spanx' date=' but my surgeon said no compression garments until incisions are completely healed. Was anyone else told the same?[/quote']

They are my security blanket. I feel like I could put someone's eye out if allowed to roam the streets unfettered. I think my biggest non scale victory will be the day I have the hugest Spanx bonfire the world has ever seen! I hope my lady lumps and bumps will smooth out post-op

I wear squeem (waist chincher). I have Spanx but they never seem to stay in place like squeem. Also the leg ones roll up and that's just not cute.

I was able to comfortably wear my Spanx tank at 6 weeks out with no problems. Now it is by far one of the least constricting of the Spanx line, so understand it does not bind really well, just kind of "looks" smoother.

I was back to my favorite Squeem by the end of week 7. I like that more because it makes my back feel great (I have a large chest).

Thanks for posting. All gone except a pair of leggings in size E. Darn.