Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any vegetarian sleevers?

When I decided to have the surgery I knew I'd have to eat a lot of meat. But I do wonder if there are vegetarian sleevers who get all their Protein in, because I'd much rather eat Beans, legumes, and lentils than meat.

Anyone?

So my RN says that Quinoa, Legumes and Beans are all carbs, but as a vegetarian, I know Quinoa is a complete Protein. I waited until I was finished with the pureed food before I introduced Quinoa or Beans. I also eat a lot of veggie, fruit and Protein powder smoothies. Lastly, as an emergency, i love the Quest Protein Bars....20 grams of Protein, low carb, gluten free and delicious.

During the pureed phase, I made a lot of homemade Soups and just added Protein Powder, Remember to add protein powder when Soup is cold, then slowly re-heat to avoid the lumps. I also made Dahl (Mung Beans),,,lots of protein and blended as a Soup,

Hope this helps, but would love to hear your suggestions too!

I am interested in hearing others experiences as well: I keep meat to a minimum and would like to transition to vegan at some point. I do well with garbanzo Beans, tahini, pumpkin seeds and lentils for vegan Protein sources. I am 4 months post surgery and grains still do not sit well. Or raw veggies and fruit except spinach which I understand is high in protein.

I think with Protein powder, Peanut Butter, tofu, quinoa, paneer (Indian stores carry this), various dals and lentils, surely one should be able to have at least one meal A day that's not meat filled right??

So my RN says that Quinoa' date=' Legumes and Beans are all carbs, but as a vegetarian, I know Quinoa is a complete Protein. I waited until I was finished with the pureed food before I introduced Quinoa or Beans. I also eat a lot of veggie, fruit and Protein powder smoothies. Lastly, as an emergency, i love the Quest Protein Bars....20 grams of protein, low carb, gluten free and delicious.

During the pureed phase, I made a lot of homemade Soups and just added protein powder, Remember to add protein powder when Soup is cold, then slowly re-heat to avoid the lumps. I also made Dahl (Mung Beans),,,lots of protein and blended as a soup,

Hope this helps, but would love to hear your suggestions too![/quote']

Do you usually hit your protein goals?

I am interested in hearing others experiences as well: I keep meat to a minimum and would like to transition to vegan at some point. I do well with garbanzo beans' date=' tahini, pumpkin seeds and lentils for vegan Protein sources. I am 4 months post surgery and grains still do not sit well. Or raw veggies and fruit except spinach which I understand is high in protein.[/quote']

Google vitamix spinach tofu Soup for one that is SO delicious! I blend in the vitamix but cook it over the stove. Can't taste tofu at all just creamy goodness. The bright green freaks out my husband but I used to lap it up. Hope I can do that again next week on full liquids.

During the pureed phase' date=' I made a lot of homemade Soups and just added Protein powder, Remember to add Protein powder when Soup is cold, then slowly re-heat to avoid the lumps. I also made Dahl (Mung Beans),,,lots of protein and blended as a soup,

Hope this helps, but would love to hear your suggestions too![/quote']

I LOVE this idea. I hadn't thought of it. I grew up in India, and everyone in a while, I want my rice and dal. This tells me how to get it. Thank you!!

Is it wrong to bump my own thread? Sure would love some more suggestions on this.

I mocked up a vegetarian day and I see how one can do it, if anyone else is trying to find an answer.

post-63417-13813668770644_thumb.jpg

I was browsing old posts and came across this. I embraced a vegan diet with no sugar or wheat for almost two years and felt so great physically, but didn't drop a pound (but didn't gain either). Slowly I started eating eggs, cows milk and cheese, and one day decided I wanted a steak and that was the end of that. Now, three years later I remember my motivation for the vegan diet. I have chronic inflammation which causes more pain than I'd like to live with, and I'm sensitive to many medications so I can't just pop a pill to help with the pain.

When I was eating a very clean vegan diet (no sugar, no wheat) I was pain free. Even when I started eating animal products the pain didn't return for about 2 years. Probably because I still kept sugar and wheat to a minimum. The pain has been back for awhile now, and I'm finally back to eating vegan. I have not had surgery yet, but I'm convinced the right path for me is to have surgery and eat vegetarian (mostly vegan) with no flour or sugar. I'm 55 years old and would like very much to enjoy my life, not suffer through it.

I'm a vegetarian 4 weeks postop. I was told to watch quinoa because it swells in the tummy taking up more space. I am still on purees so I mix goat cheese, cottage cheese, silken tofu, yogurt or Protein powders into my Soups. Next week I get eggs so that will certainly boost protein. Its not impossible especially if you continue at least one shake a day.

I find that addin

I'm a vegetarian 4 weeks postop. I was told to watch quinoa because it swells in the tummy taking up more space. I am still on purees so I mix goat cheese, cottage cheese, silken tofu, yogurt or Protein powders into my Soups. Next week I get eggs so that will certainly boost Protein. Its not impossible especially if you continue at least one shake a day.

I'm finding that not only do the Beans go down easier than something like chicken, but the slight addition of carbs actually gives me a lot more energy. I just started soft foods yesterday so we'll see how it goes, but cheese, eggs, Beans, and lentils have been so much easier than chicken and fish, even though they were cooked soft.

Not to mention no Constipation issues that I see others complaining about!

*boost*

I am very interested in vegetarian recipies in the pureed and soft food stage. I have this strange gravitation towards it (vegetarianism) for some reason.

*boost*

I am very interested in vegetarian recipies in the pureed and soft food stage. I have this strange gravitation towards it (vegetarianism) for some reason.

Go Indian. Its mostly soft foods. I did a lot of veggie Soup and added cheese for Protein.

Go Indian. Its mostly soft foods. I did a lot of veggie Soup and added cheese for Protein.

That should be easy for me :P