Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you guys for your words! I am now on the losers bench :).... I feel pretty good n I just wanted to thank God for being the hands of my surgeon n hoping for no complications :)

Yay!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Walk walk walk and when you are allowed sip sip sip.

And from this point forward never ever trust a fart.

Yay!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Walk walk walk and when you are allowed sip sip sip.

And from this point forward never ever trust a fart.

Lmao!! That was funny :)

I know how you feel. Two days before, I wanted to scrap the whole thing, eat a dozen fried cheese sticks and sleep through the regret. I didn't and I'm so glad. I had surgery 10 days ago. It's hard and a little frustrating smelling food all the time but I've lost 20 pounds since the pre op diet (which I cheated on like three times) and I'm very glad I put my health first. :) good luck!

I never second guessed my decision to have surgery. I'd tried everything else. I'd lost weight and I'd re-gained weight. I needed this new tool in my tool box. If I'd kept doing what I'd always done (bingeing and dieting) I'd always have the same results. This was a last resort for me. I'd fought this battle for 55 years and even though I knew I would still always have to watch what I eat.. for me the choice was like antibuse for an alcoholic. I needed something to STOP the binge / volume eating. The good news is.... I may choose to eat a slice of pizza some time in the future.... but I'll never be able to eat the whole pie, and polish it off with a pint of Ben and Jerry's for dessert.

I'm the same. I never had trouble losing weight but I could never keep it off. I decided I needed the surgery if I was going to be healthy the next 20 or so years of my life. I'm 62. To be honest, I didn't want to live like this Amy more..,I'd rather be dead. Was sleeved 6-24, have lost 25 including the pre-op diet. I don't think it coming off vet fast. 20 came off before so only 5 lbs in 6 weeks. Yuk! Yesterday and today every time I ate or drank I had a terrible pain...like I needed to burp but couldn't. What's that mean?

Sheila, have you been eating and drinking slowly? I'm a fast eater. The doc told me to eat as slowly as possible to reduce discomfort after meals. Another habit to break!

I felt the same way. In fact' date=' I felt like it wasn't going to work, I was gonna die before it happened or something with insurance was going to fall thru last minute. But here I am, 3 mos out and 52 lbs down :) What you're feeling is normal. You won't regret it!! Good luck :)[/quote']

ooooh you must be in my brain i feel the same way

What I really want to do is chug down a glass of cool Water. I miss being able to do that! And of all the food there is, I miss my daily diet dr pepper the most!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches