Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am eating my first aygg!

Today is my first day on soft foods! (Sleeved 7.31.13, Day 8) I am having a boiled egg mashed up with a little Dijon mustard and tiniest dash of salt! I feel like I am having a steak dinner! Yummo! A few weeks of near (think liquids) will do that to ya!

What was your first soft food...how did it go??!

I had greek yogurt for my first puree food (3 weeks out) and a half a turkey sausage link for my first soft food. Both were great but I couldn't eat very much of the sausage! I thought I was going to eat the whole link (this is one of those small frozen Breakfast links, not a big link) but I could only manage half. It was delicious and very satisfying though.

I had a poached egg for one of the first things I had on puree and it was so delicious with just a little bit of salt and pepper.

I can't wait...9/12/13 sleeve date...and I will be looking forward to one egg filling me up!

I had greek yogurt for my first puree food (3 weeks out) and a half a turkey sausage link for my first soft food. Both were great but I couldn't eat very much of the sausage! I thought I was going to eat the whole link (this is one of those small frozen breakfast links' date=' not a big link) but I could only manage half. It was delicious and very satisfying though.

I had a poached egg for one of the first things I had on puree and it was so delicious with just a little bit of salt and pepper.[/quote']

Is purée what you ate after full liquids? That's where I am? I can't wait for a sausage link! But I don't think I am there yet! Ill be having refried Beans later, canned carrots, sf pudding, all this yumminess!!! I can seriously hardly wait!!! A poached egg is a great idea!

I can't wait...9/12/13 sleeve date...and I will be looking forward to one egg filling me up!

Oh it was so good! Take your time with it, and don't rush to finish it! Even as good as I've been doing, it still became difficult at the end!

Is purée what you ate after full liquids? That's where I am? I can't wait for a sausage link! But I don't think I am there yet! Ill be having refried Beans later, canned carrots, sf pudding, all this yumminess!!! I can seriously hardly wait!!! A poached egg is a great idea!

Yes, puree was after full liquids for me, but some surgeons skip puree stage. For puree I could eat the types of food listed above but they had to be pureed to the consistency of applesauce. Exceptions: refried Beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, and poached or scrambled eggs could be eaten without being pureed.< /p>

Soft foods came next, that's what I'm on now. Soft foods for my program is high Protein foods (meat, fish, dairy, soy, beans, lentils), cooked non-starchy veggies, and soft fruits -- as long as I can cut them with a fork. So I could have ground beef but not a steak, for example. And even though I could cut a potato with a fork, I can't have it because it is a starchy veggie. My program is very strict and very detailed!

Can't wait till Monday (soft foods after 4 wks of full liquids)! Already have planned what I'm gunna eat: refried Beans with a little shredded cheese and taco sauce!

So ready to chew something! I might've forgotten how to chew by now!

I ate Popeye's mashed Potatoes & Gravy and Red Beans (no rice) for like 2 whole weeks. I would swing by Popeyes almost every other day & get a large of both.

I ate Popeye's mashed Potatoes & Gravy and Red Beans (no rice) for like 2 whole weeks. I would swing by Popeyes almost every other day & get a large of both.

I missed Popeye's as well! :lol:

When I finally got to full foods, I got the smallest box of spicy chicken strips. I could only eat one, but it was fantastic!

I missed Popeye's as well! :lol:

When I finally got to full foods' date=' I got the smallest box of spicy chicken strips. I could only eat one, but it was fantastic![/quote']

I really want one if dem buttery biscuits! I'd be happy if I could just lick it! LOL. But.....If I get a craving for something bad I tell myself "after you eat something with Protein first" & then I don't have anymore room to even lick a dang biscuit. Ha! That's my theory & I'm sticken with it. :0p

Today is my first day on soft foods! (Sleeved 7.31.13' date=' Day 8) I am having a boiled egg mashed up with a little Dijon mustard and tiniest dash of salt! I feel like I am having a steak dinner! Yummo! A few weeks of near (think liquids) will do that to ya!

What was your first soft food...how did it go??![/quote']

I had my first egg today ..a bit early ..was supposed to be tommorw..but I go Back to work..wanted to see what it was like. I finished half of it...ao yummy!!

I had my first egg today ..a bit early ..was supposed to be tommorw..but I go Back to work..wanted to see what it was like. I finished half of it...ao yummy!!

Isn't it nice to get a taste of the real world? Did it go down ok? I hope so!!!

I've been eating eggs, Beans, turkey, chicken, carrots, green Beans, yogurt, some soft fruit, but the only thing I can finish at this point is the egg or yogurt. Let me know how you do when you start eating more...it all tastes very good, but I'm stressed over not eating the right amounts!

Isn't it nice to get a taste of the real world? Did it go down ok? I hope so!!!

I've been eating eggs' date=' Beans, turkey, chicken, carrots, green Beans, yogurt, some soft fruit, but the only thing I can finish at this point is the egg or yogurt. Let me know how you do when you start eating more...it all tastes very good, but I'm stressed over not eating the right amounts![/quote']

The egg freaked me out a bit going down. It was different. So.im eating mashed potatoes..maybe I will eat the other half later. I dont get it..i.have lots of halves of food laying around to finish..but I feel like im constantly.at Walmart..I was going to try.and make.some.chicken salad or something..did the meat hurt to eat?

The egg freaked me out a bit going down. It was different. So.im eating mashed potatoes..maybe I will eat the other half later. I dont get it..i.have lots of halves of food laying around to finish..but I feel like im constantly.at Walmart..I was going to try.and make.some.chicken salad or something..did the meat hurt to eat?

I know EXACTLY what you mean. My fridge can't hold anything else!!! The easiest thing for me, has been the Beans and yogurt...but the turkey I got was from dickeys. It is so soft I think a person could eat it without chewing! ;) and then my my husband and mom were making something w rotisserie chicken, same thing, super soft, very easy to eat. But I still chewed like crazy.

I'm going to eat *that* again! Lol! It was very good, in fact, I've had it several times.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. My fridge can't hold anything else!!! The easiest thing for me' date=' has been the Beans and yogurt...but the turkey I got was from dickeys. It is so soft I think a person could eat it without chewing! ;) and then my my husband and mom were making something w rotisserie chicken, same thing, super soft, very easy to eat. But I still chewed like crazy.

I'm going to eat *that* again! Lol! It was very good, in fact, I've had it several times.[/quote']

What kind of Beans are you eating refried? Ha I'm all freaked out to try stuff