Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well my surgery date is Aug. 29th and I have started changing my eating habits as of Aug. 1st. I want to give my self a chance to drop a few pound before the 10 pre-op diet which I think I will be starting on Aug 19th when I go to see the Anesthesia person and have my consent and nutrition teaching. I am really excited but it is really hard to keep those danger foods away from me. I am a sweet and junk food eater and I know they are not good for me. I have been OD'ing on crystal light and it helps with the need for something sweet but I still attend functions where they are eating all the things that will be off limits after this surgery if I want to see success.

I have been dealing with a lot of stress so I have been working on a new way to deal with it besides eating and having a cocktail. I don’t have an issue with liquor but every so often I like to have one when I want one. But I have been having them a lot more before Aug 1st. My mother in law lives with me and my husband and she is a junk food eater and Snacks all day. So, it’s really hard not to have those foods in the house that are a sore spot for me. She also is an older lady so it hard to say that it’s not good for me and she remembers that. Her memory is slowing leaving her so its going to be hard for her not to have those things and for her not to eat the things that are for me. She eats my yogurt now and does not even remember even eating it. It’s crazy for me but I am trying to work around it.

I think this would be a good place for me to get a few things that are on my mind in a journal of my journey. I am thinking about this surgery day in and day out. I can’t seem to think about anything else. I think about what its going to be like after, how will I feel about food?, how will I look?, will I be able to keep it up?, will my husband be able to accept the changes in me? He fell in love with the heavy me and will I still be as attractive to him? He always tells me that he loves me no matter what I look like and I really believe that but he has never had to see me look different.

I feel really good about this surgery and what it means for me that I will be able to walk up and down stairs and not feel winded or my knees hurting soooooooo bad. My ankles won’t hurt so much either, I feel at the end of the year and twisted both ankles and tore ligament in both. They are not able to heal complete because of all the weight they have to carry. Not to be nasty or anything but I want to be able to see my lady parts without looking in a mirror but look down and say "hey there your are!" I am looking forward to having an active sex life again. I don’t have much of a drive anymore and I know it’s because I don’t like the way I look and I don’t feel attractive anymore. Now my husband does not agree with this statement but I told him it’s about how I view myself. I want to wear clothes that are visual pleasing to me and fit nice. I will be able to stand and not have lower back pain and be able to lay on my back because my behind will be smaller. These are just some things that I am looking forward to after the surgery.

Ok, I will come back in a few days after I have gotten my scale to see if I have made any changes on the scale since I have tried to change my habits. More to come.

Hi Mocha,

Thanks for sharing your story! I will be having surgery myself on August 28th! I have the same problem, in that, the surgery is ALL I ever think of. My husband is super supportive, but sometimes tires of hearing me talk about it constantly, lol.

I'm slowly changing my eating habits as well. I've stopped drinking any sodas, don't drink while I eat, and have substituted Breakfast every day with a Protein shake.

I look forward to sharing my journey and also reading about yours as well!

I know exactly how u feel... I felt the same way... im 2weeks and 1 day out and I've lost about 27lbs already!!! sleeved on july22.... I wish u the best of luck ur gona love it!

Your situation Mirrors mine quite a bit and it was great to see that somebody else is having these thoughts too. It is all in your mindframe like you were saying I'm gonna be around after surgery and the only thing I can tell myself is that I'm doing this for the better me. So that's what I'm focusing my attention on right now is me in when I see somebody to have something to you know junk food whatever

I find that when your craving sweets a great thing to have to cure that is the icebreakers sugar free mints in different flavors they have strawberry pink lemonade things like that! I look forward to following your stories!

Your situation Mirrors mine quite a bit and it was great to see that somebody else is having these thoughts too. It is all in your mindframe like you were saying I'm gonna be around after surgery and the only thing I can tell myself is that I'm doing this for the better me. So that's what I'm focusing my attention on right now is me in when I see somebody to have something to you know junk food whatever

I find that when your craving sweets a great thing to have to cure that is the icebreakers sugar free mints in different flavors they have strawberry pink lemonade things like that! I look forward to following your stories!

I am having surgery on August 30th, I am very excited and trying not to think about any negatives. This surgery is something I have been planning all year. You are going to rock the sleeve. Being on this site has been very motivating. I too have knee problems, I had surgery on a torn meniscus in February. I also have had back surgery in the past. I truly believe that this is the best decision that I can make for my physical and emotional well being. You will find that too, and your husband will continue to love and support you even more with your new found confidence. I look forward to hearing more about your journey! :)

Good luck to you all. I had my surgery on 7/19. Loosing weight slowly but that doesn't matter. As long as the number on the scale goes down I don't care. I read about all these people loosing 30 pounds in two weeks and at first was a little sad I hadn't but in the long run I don't care. Everyone is different. I just need to up my Water and Protein. Once again best of luck.

When I got my band done I was loosing weight the I slowed down on that front but I continued to loose sizes as my body reshaped and recurves itself as we'll so there is hope!!!! I went from all in all from 240-245LBS down to 160-165LBS a size 22-24 women's to a size 11 in juniors where I Plateaued and couldn't drop down any further . At about a year and two months I gained 20 pounds back secondary to starting medications I held this for another two years and then have gained another 30LBs since then secondary to complications! Now I am at just about my five year mark and I'll be having the sleeve done before I hit that mark!!

Ok so I went for my last appointment and meet with everyone and found out that I have lost 14 pounds since my last visit. I was really excited that I lost some weight considering I have been watching my food intake for the past 19 days. I am now starting my pre-op diet and it just a low carb, high Protein so I get to have 2 weight watchers meals, 1 Protein Drink, 2 cups of dairy, 1/2 cup fruit, 1 cup vegetable and 8 cups of Water. So its about 800-1000 calories a day and 60-100 grams of Protein. I am so worried that I will not be able to get all the protein in because I start this diet today and I cant pick up my Protein shakes til Wednesday so I guess it will be ok if I do the other stuff until that day. I just want to day that I have blood work done today and they took like 12 tubes of blood, I mean that is alot and I was really light headed after that. I love my hospital but the hospital food in the food court is expensive. Me and hubby had a chicken salad, chicken strips, onion rings and a cranberry juice and it was 17 dollars. That is way over the top and my hubby was really upset about it. So, I told him when he stays the night with me he better pack a lunch. lol. I am really excited now that I am coming really close to the day and nervous because its really coming close to the day. They gave my group samples of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Chicken Soup and vanilla mix. I am going to try them out and see how it work and may buy some to have on hand. So its 10 days and counting and I cant wait.

I also want to say that I have told a few people about the surgery those being my sister, brothers, cousin and her boyfriend. They are all so supportive and it really makes me happy that they will be at the hospital when I have the surgery because my hubby will need so support that day. He is nervous about the surgery but has not said anything to me yet. I know the last time I had surgery he was a wreck waiting for news that it was over. I love my family completely but I know that everyone in my family would not be supportive so only chosen ones know about it. But for those who are going to be at the hospital, it makes my heart sing to know that they understand what I am going through and why I have made the decision to take this step. I will be back with more updates as I continue this journey.