Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I honestly just ate the chicken with a little low fat honey mustard dressing or made chicken salad. I didn't see the use in trying a recipe since it took me so long to eat it, it would be cold by my second bite!

What type of recipes are you looking for? I have a lot of chicken recipes.

Thank you. I honestly don't know what kind of recipes I'm looking for, something easy because I don't like to cook! Lol :)

By far the easiest, post-op friendly chicken recipe I have is to throw chicken breasts in a crockpot cover with chicken broth and seasonings to taste and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6.

Dump most of the liquid, and then shred your chicken (just scrape a fork through it.)

I use it plain, for taco meat, or put a little BBQ Sauce on it. I just season it accordingly. Also a great way to make a "few" chicken breasts go a lot farther... something about cooking it broth makes it swell up and generates a lot more food than if you were to grill it or put it in a pan. Makes for great leftovers too that you can just portion out as necessary.

@M2G when you make the chicken what do you way it with, that's the hard part for me because I don't want bread or Pasta or rice or tortillas etc?

Just eat it plain. Or serve with veggies.

You can season it with taco seasoning (try McCormicks it doesn't have MSG like Old El Paso does) add a bit of cheese and a smidge of sour cream and you don't need tortillas at all.

Or you can put BBQ Sauce on it and serve a side of broccoli. No rice needed.

I rarely serve bread, Pasta or rice at my dinner table.

Instead of tortillas I use little gem lettuce leaves to hold my meat/cheese combo, use lettuce too with chilli.

I've made this a few times now and it's really good! The whole family loves it :) And, since it's done in the crockpot, it falls apart when it's done...

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/12/crockpot-chicken-with-mushrooms.html

By far the easiest' date=' post-op friendly chicken recipe I have is to throw chicken breasts in a crockpot cover with chicken broth and seasonings to taste and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6.

Dump most of the liquid, and then shred your chicken (just scrape a fork through it.)

I use it plain, for taco meat, or put a little BBQ Sauce on it. I just season it accordingly. Also a great way to make a "few" chicken breasts go a lot farther... something about cooking it broth makes it swell up and generates a lot more food than if you were to grill it or put it in a pan. Makes for great leftovers too that you can just portion out as necessary.[/quote']

M2G do you freeze your left overs?

M2G do you freeze your left overs?

Honestly I don't. We are a family of 4 and we usually just eat the leftovers from the fridge for a few days. (Sometimes my family complains about TOO much chicken, sigh) but I could eat it all the time, lol.

If you don't season it one way or the other (ie taco or BBQ) you can change it daily. So portion out what you need for taco night, and the next night add BBQ Sauce. So I just usually cook it and leave it plain until I decide how I'm going to use it.

You could try freezing it but I'm just not a huge fan of cooked, then frozen, then reheated meat. Hope that helps.

Honestly I don't. We are a family of 4 and we usually just eat the leftovers from the fridge for a few days. (Sometimes my family complains about TOO much chicken' date=' sigh) but I could eat it all the time, lol.

If you don't season it one way or the other (ie taco or BBQ) you can change it daily. So portion out what you need for taco night, and the next night add BBQ Sauce. So I just usually cook it and leave it plain until I decide how I'm going to use it.

You could try freezing it but I'm just not a huge fan of cooked, then frozen, then reheated meat. Hope that helps.[/quote']

Thank you! I have never done that before bc it doesn't sound like it would be good. I'm just looking for some go to options that I could have in the freezer for when hubby wants something for dinner that isn't going to be sleeve friendly. I've not had my surgery yet, and my husband is really easy going and will eat whatever. However my father in law lives with us and is the pickiest person ever. If it were just hubby and I he would eat whatever I did. Thanks for the idea though! Ill have to try it.

I was told by my bariatic center to stay away from chicken breast and go towards skinless boneless chicken thighs - does the breast meat in the crock pot come out just as moist or should I stick to my thighs?