Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I need help!

I will be 6 months post op on 8/26 and I've only lost 47 lbs. The past 2 months I've fallen off the wagon so to speak and I've been eating sweets and drinking a few carbonated drinks every week. How can I get back on track? Should I do the 5 day sleeve test or does that really work in getting back on track. I'm finding that I'm grazing more when I'm bored :( ugggghhhhh

I can't speak from experience as I am only 8 weeks out, but I would think getting back to basics would be a good thing. You know what you are doing wrong so no need to tell you. Start eating clean and only during scheduled times and see what happens.

Good luck!

I recommend you imagine what you had done to your stomach (which is pretty brutal if you think about it seriously), and then truly consider why you don't want to stay on track...maybe you could find a support group or a professional who could help you with this as it sounds like some self sabotage happening. You can do this. You've taken the first few serious steps...now take it all the way :)

I would start with detoxing from the carbs. Go back to a Liquid Protein diet for at least a week and begin back with the Protein and steamed veggies. This is the rest of our lives and slips are going to happen. You recognized what is going on an asked for support. That is the first step to getting back on track! Congrats for that!! As food addicts we have ups and downs in our struggles to maintain our weight and after our sleeve it is absolutely no different except we have our sleeve to help us. I think we know when we are beginning to weaken and our resolve isn't so strong. It's scary because we actually know what we are about to do just like an alcoholic is with a drink. That is why I love this forum we are told exactly what we need to hear and it helps us to get it back together!! Good luck to you and I wish you the best!! :)

I will be 6 months post op on 8/26 and I've only lost 47 lbs. The past 2 months I've fallen off the wagon so to speak and I've been eating sweets and drinking a few carbonated drinks every week. How can I get back on track? Should I do the 5 day sleeve test or does that really work in getting back on track. I'm finding that I'm grazing more when I'm bored :( ugggghhhhh

I see that you're in the Dallas area. I would *HIGHLY* recommend you attend a support group. I am 10 weeks out tomorrow and i find them very helpful.

http://www.verticals...rt-groups-list/

I also see you're from Rockwall - howdy from Forney!

I would start with detoxing from the carbs. Go back to a liquid Protein diet for at least a week

This is brilliant advice.

What is 5 day sleeve test?

The 5 day sleeve test is where you test your restriction by doing 2 days of full liquids, 1 day soft Protein, 1 day firm Protein and 1 day solid protein.

I'm starting it tomorrow so hopefully it'll help get me back on track! I'll let everyone know! :)

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words! I'm trying the 5 day sleeve test tomorrow so ill have a full report in 5 days on how it went!! :)

Great!! I hope this does it for you!! :)

We have the same surgery date :)

Anyways....I've only lost 62lbs so far...went to the dr and nutritionist today and it was refreshing.

I don't eat near enough calories so I have to up mine....but it's not easy, especially when there's so many foods, snack and drinks that taste so much better than what I need to eat. I just think about why I started this journey and nothing tastes better than the reward of dropping another clothes size, and feeling so much better physically and emotionally! You can do this, and I'm sure your not the only one that struggles!

Go back to the basics and get a my fitness pal if possible because it really helps! Good luck girl :)