Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last time I checked, this was the "Man Room"

You gotta go back a few months ago when there were threads in the powder Room regarding women's breasts post sleeve. A few male folks, including a moderator, made some tongue-in-cheek comments and there were complaints from a few females. They were wanting a place where they could post a question and get targeted responses from their peers.

From what I recall, that is what gave rise to the "rules". As I have mentioned in other posts on this topic since, if that is what the ladies want, then fine. If I have a response, I just create new thread in the general area and have a link to the Powder Room post. Simple enough.

If a woman or man is wanting responses from both genders, then they should post in the General forum ... after all ... isn't that what it is for?

You gotta go back a few months ago when there were threads in the powder Room regarding women's breasts post sleeve. A few male folks, including a moderator, made some tongue-in-cheek comments and there were complaints from a few females. They were wanting a place where they could post a question and get targeted responses from their peers.

From what I recall, that is what gave rise to the "rules". As I have mentioned in other posts on this topic since, if that is what the ladies want, then fine. If I have a response, I just create new thread in the general area and have a link to the Powder Room post. Simple enough.

If a woman or man is wanting responses from both genders, then they should post in the General forum ... after all ... isn't that what it is for?

I don't mind one way or the other....but good to see you back. It's been a while.

Actually, I like the fact that it's men only. I have yet to have the sleeve surgery and my support interests are in the form of information specifically from men that have had the procedure. I don't care how you slice it, men and women ARE different. Just like there is "no crying in baseball".....there's no cryin in VST. Plus, we just recover differently and have different interests. Like many have said, for fun banter with the fairer sex, there is always other rooms and then you kinda know what responses your gonna get from the ladies. But, for strictly business, I can respect their powder Room and prefer they respect "The Cave"

Seems like every thread in this forum has girls posting in it, yet virtually no men post in the Powder Room. Frankly, I like having a forum just for the fellas and I think more guys would participate it they didn't think girls would hijack threads.

Seems like every thread in this forum has girls posting in it, yet virtually no men post in the Powder Room. Frankly, I like having a forum just for the fellas and I think more guys would participate it they didn't think girls would hijack threads.

That's a big thing for me. I know we could pull more guys in here if they knew women wouldn't post or hover over everything we post. And like cubbies said, every time a guy posts, the next 3 posts are by women.

Maybe I'm weird, but it just doesn't bother me. Women are reading even if they aren't posting. I'm just not bothered by the gender of the people reading what I write. If I was, I'd keep it to myself.

I've been on plenty of male dominated forums and they're all full of posturing and Internet tough guys.

Plus, if I ask a question about... Oh I don't know..... penis size, surely there is a female nurse or just an experienced woman around who has seen a penis or 2 and who might be able to answer the question.

Basically, I think they know way more about us than we know about them.

Hmmm ... I don't know about that, B. Just the other day I had to explain the difference between labia and vulva to a grown woman. It is my belief men have a far greater interest in the female body than the other way around. When a woman wants to get pregnant, the interest does peak, but quickly wanes at birth of said child.

I'm not sure what a woman would have to add of value to the discussion of penis size. I'm pretty sure all the men here know they are all different sizes and shapes ... some circumcised, some not. Whatever they're experience is, it is second hand and biased by their perception, not their reality. I can talk to you all day about labia, the clitoris, vagina, cervix ... I paid attention in health class and was a certified nurses aid for almost 3 years. I would rather leave it to my female counterparts to answer questions about that area, even though I may know the answer.

The bottom line is we have had members of both genders express interest in trying to keep these rooms gender specific. I cannot fault them for that and I wish to respect both rooms, although I am guilty of not checking the room before I post, but I am much more diligent about that now.

The bottom line is we have had members of both genders express interest in trying to keep these rooms gender specific. I cannot fault them for that and I wish to respect both rooms' date=' although I am guilty of not checking the room before I post, but I am much more diligent about that now.[/quote']

No argument about this part. I've been doubly careful to stay out of the powder room ever since.

Ya know, there is sometimes just too much difference between men and women in some respects. And it certainly pertains to support forums (dominated by women).

Probably follows the line that men don't walk around the mall holding the hands of their buddies. Or hugging when we greet each other. Ya get the idea. And when we offer up support it's usually in the form of "man up, ya wimp". or "You really suck at this"....."Get your head out of your ass"..

My point.????? You make a comment in some other room that suggests a different viewpoint ...........and from that point on,........the women will pounce on you and ignore all reasoning while they reaffirm that support shouldn't be given unless it's in the form of encouragement only....no matter what. And then they won't let it go unless they can change your (man's) viewpoint. Never mind trying to actually consider anyone else's - (insensitive man's) point of view.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I can hold my own in any discussion, but when they all gang up, what's the point. They only have one viewpoint and they ain't gonna consider anything else.

So I guess for solid, basic, factual, information and reality, with open minded discussion, I'll just stick to Men's room, where the skin is thicker.