Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Redundancy

Justin, just reading your profile; looks like you are a little over 4 months out, down 117 lbs. You look great, by the way. But it's too bad you feel so much hostility towards others who haven't gotten to where you are.

Nothing to do with anyone that hasn't gotten to my point. Heck, I'm friends with a bunch of pre-sleevers and barely post sleevers here. It has everything to do with the inability to spend 30 seconds trying to answer your question on your own before posting up asking one that was asked yesterday, the day before, twice the day before...

Justin, just reading your profile; looks like you are a little over 4 months out, down 117 lbs. You look great, by the way. But it's too bad you feel so much hostility towards others who haven't gotten to where you are.

I sincerely doubt it's hostility, so maybe making assumptions isn't the best thing to do... It's peoples lack of actually trying to find information on this or other websites before jumping in and asking the same question someone else did 20 minutes ago.

And again, this is the RANT forum... don't like his rant, don't read it, move on.

The redundancy topic is also a redundant topic. No disrespect, but I don't think anyone cares what topics annoy you. :)

I came into this forum, initially, looking for research - and, sometimes, finding answers to questions I didn't know I had. I didn't need to post questions because I read the same information OVER and OVER on here. I'll admit, this site's usefulness post-op is waning, as the "OMG - I'm three days out and I ate pizza...is that bad?!" and "I have pain - why?" questions dominate the threads around here. Not only is redundancy an issue in this forum, but common sense seems to be lacking as well. In the words of someone way more famous than me, "ain't nobody got time for that."

Any questions, concerns, etc. I had were THOROUGHLY vetted through the internet (all of it - not just this isolated support world) before taking further questions and clarifications to my doctor/nutritionist/PA. I have support through Facebook, friends on this site, real life family/friends, the support group I attend once a month, etc.

I'm with Justin on this one.

I don't mind your rant. Heck, I rant a lot in this here trailer court that my double-wide sits on. :D

I don't mind answering the same questions a multitude of times. It is a challenge for me to answer in a different way, use some humor, and be nice at the same time. Maybe that's why I am #3 in reputation points out of over 65,000 members.

Or it could be because of my stunning face...or the payoff...not sure.. :huh:

I suppose because it is labeled as a support forum, people feel the need to wallow in self pitty and panic rather than take the time to try to figure out how to get out of it without drawing attention to themselves.

Um, that is really off target and not cool at all. Because it is a support forum people are using it to get "wait for it" support! It doesn't matter where or not its been asked. If they knew they wouldn't be asking. Some people do not understand how to navigate forums or do a search. Some people as said above need one on one interaction. Nothing wrong with that. If you have already been there and done that move on, scroll on down to the first obscure never before seen topic (good luck with that one). Speaking of redundant if I'm not mistaken I've seen post extremely similar to this OP many many times so..........

Um, that is really off target and not cool at all. Because it is a support forum people are using it to get "wait for it" support! It doesn't matter where or not its been asked. If they knew they wouldn't be asking. Some people do not understand how to navigate forums or do a search. Some people as said above need one on one interaction. Nothing wrong with that. If you have already been there and done that move on, scroll on down to the first obscure never before seen topic (good luck with that one). Speaking of redundant if I'm not mistaken I've seen post extremely similar to this OP many many times so..........

See, it's already rubbing off on me.

Gmanbat....hilarious.

Thought I'd put this out there before Susan comes along to end this thread...

:D

Forum rules;

5. Members will treat each other with courtesy and respect, especially when they disagree. We understand that bright, intelligent and educated people may not always agree, but personal attacks in the form of insults, abusive language or other means of obvious harassment will not be tolerated.

****Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English,

or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.****

If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Aww, c'mon, can't we all just be friends.......... ;)

End it then :)

Thought I'd put this out there before Susan comes along to end this thread...

:D

Forum rules;

5. Members will treat each other with courtesy and respect, especially when they disagree. We understand that bright, intelligent and educated people may not always agree, but personal attacks in the form of insults, abusive language or other means of obvious harassment will not be tolerated.

****Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English,

or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.****

If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

I have reported posts a few times where i felt attacked or mocked and never heard anything back. The one time I did hear back I was told they had the right to speak their mind and it was their opinion.

I guess when its my opinion or opinions I agree with its wrong and I cant defend my opinion or the opinion I agree with when attacked.

Good to know.

I guess I need more rep points.

I appreciate the report ;)

She doesn't stop all the women from posting in the "Men only" room, why should rants be different? Isn't that what this particular forum is for?

She doesn't stop all the women from posting in the "Men only" room' date=' why should rants be different? Isn't that what this particular forum is for?[/quote']

I'll give you that! Trust me she tries but it's hard to catch every one that pops up.

It's weird since that rule the men have done pretty good, the women? Not so much...

Oh, And op I don't need to report you, someone will be offended by your remarks and do that.