Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have PCOS?

PCOS here, diabetes and fibromyalgia! I'm 9months out and sad to say my symptoms haven't changed for the pcos. I am using Minerva? (sorry bad speller) but the improvement for the fibromyalgia is amazing! That alone is worth it. I'm just hoping the diabetes goes away. I am also a slooow loser. After losing 53lbs, Sleeved 12/26/12 weight 148, current 193. Just saw my surgeon and he said everything was great and he is satisfied with the loss. So am I now.

Im 29 years old and was on Ginette 35 for last four years. i will be a year out post sleevectomy tommorow. my starting weight was 284lbs & it is 183 as of today, that is a loss of 101lbs. i have been losing weight steadily but very slowly with many stalls, gains & drops . I workout and follow my diet plan religiously. But my periods are not . Just visited my endocrinologist and she asked me to stop Ginette and start metformin instead. lets see if this slows or speeds up the weight loss process... Anyone on metformin??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

Oct 25th!!!! First day of the rest of my life.

So excited for you!

I am on metformin and it really did help with my weight loss. The only thing is you will probably get the runs till your body gets used to it. And if I take it on an empty stomach I throw up. That may just be me from what I'm learning. But most agreed about the runs.

PCOS, insulin resistance, dodgy boderline thyroid issues (with horrendously strong family history) and all the other associated horrors here. Does anyone else, like me, get bored of listing it all?!

Gave up taking Metformin 1,700mg per day 2 months ago in preparation for the op. May sound odd, but because of the lack of conclusive findings on whether PCOS causes weight gain, or whether weight gain causes PCOS - I am approaching this as well, 'me'. Besides, Metformin is a bloody horrible drug and makes me feel extremely icky, crotchety and gives me the constant runs (although I concede this might be helpful with all the Protein we're supposed to be consuming).

So, I'm just going to see if the weight loss will improve/rectify my symptoms naturally. Additionally, Metformin makes you VERY fertile (if you do have sporadic periods). I don't fancy my body responding positively to the weightloss (if albeit a bit slowly at the start due to the insulin resistance issue) and then the Metformin boosting my fertility out of the ballpark leaving me with an unplanned pregnancy!

I don't know whether this is the right thing to do, as not taking it affects your HDL/LDL levels/ Liver Function, etc. I don't have access to my consultant gynae where I am. However, based on what my surgeon said about this surgery largely reversing 'most' 'issues' which present themselves and are enduring to significant excess weight - I'm willing to give it a go. Surgery is on Thursday - so it won't be long till I find out!

Who knew I'd become a 'tree-hugger' in my old age?

I will not, however, be going so far as to grow my armpit hair...

That is a step too far. Even for me!

Best of luck to all xx