Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! I'm FREAKING out!

i hear you about keeping things in. i am the same way but i finally hit a point when i had to talk to my hubby just to get it out. i did make me feel better in a strange way even though i was still spazzing :). good luck to you! just keep reading and researching. thats how i handled it .

Thanks shrinky! I am on research overload but I'm ok with that. Lol I will probably be spazzing as they take me to the OR. But I'm sure once it's all said and done I'll be happy I did it.

You're on the right track for calming down. Support groups' date=' either here on-line or in person are great for letting us voice our anxiety, which all of have if we allow ourselves to admit it. I went to a support group meeting at my Hospital three days before my surgery (they have a weekly meeting for a bariatric patients) and it did wonders for me just letting me talk to others getting ready and those that were figuring out their new lives. I wish you nothing but good luck with your surgery, and many, many good healthy years to come...[/quote']

Thanks Allen! I'm looking into local support groups right now! I just needed to get it off my chest and I felt safest doing it in a place where I knew people would get my fears! I do feel somewhat better. But I think a local support group might be good for me in the next 2 weeks before my surgery. :)

This is normal.... I was seriously double guessing myself and almost pulled out of it. Relax and take a deep breath. It'll be ok. :0)

I can completely relate. I was an emotional roller coaster before my surgery- running thru all the emotions from elated to terrified. I too am a mom (twin 12 year olds- my everything :)) and was terrified that I was being dangerous. They need me.

I had my surgery 7/30 and while I was laying in the pre-op room the nurse left to get something. Even then, ivs hooked up and a gown on, I thought for a minute about bolting.

I'm glad I didn't. :) I'm home, life is moving on, I'm already feeling better. The best advice I can give is keep posting here- the people on this website are amazing supportive and have created a community where you can feel safe to freak out lol.

Congrats on your surgery date. Keep us posted!

This is normal.... I was seriously double guessing myself and almost pulled out of it. Relax and take a deep breath. It'll be ok. :0)

Thanks cheer mama! Thanks to my earlier anxiety attack posting, I'm feeling better and learning that I'm not a complete freak being nervous and scared about my decision to live a better, healthier life! (Deep breath!) I'm going to be ok!

I can completely relate. I was an emotional roller coaster before my surgery- running thru all the emotions from elated to terrified. I too am a mom (twin 12 year olds- my everything :)) and was terrified that I was being dangerous. They need me.

I had my surgery 7/30 and while I was laying in the pre-op room the nurse left to get something. Even then' date=' ivs hooked up and a gown on, I thought for a minute about bolting.

I'm glad I didn't. :) I'm home, life is moving on, I'm already feeling better. The best advice I can give is keep posting here- the people on this website are amazing supportive and have created a community where you can feel safe to freak out lol.

Congrats on your surgery date. Keep us posted![/quote']

Thanks Dawnyellow, I'm sure I'm going to be fine, just scared of the unknown. But this is the best choice and I'm sure I'm going to have a few more freak outs within the next 2 weeks, but once I'm in recovery I'll be happy. I will be sure to keep everyone posted! :) congrats on your surgery!

Any sleevers in south Mississippi ? I need a buddy I'm most likly having mine done in October.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So glad I read this, I am freaking out too and just posted in the August roll call. We have the same dates, maybe we can talk each other down!

Thanks everyone - my surgery is actually Tuesday and I have been freaking out so bad! Reading all of your posts has helped me considerably. Like Gia24 - I have been so confident in this decision through all the pre-op hoops and then when I went to my final pre-op appt with my surgeon on Thursday - I suddenly became overwhelmed with what I am doing. So scared of what I'm gonna wake up to - if I wake up. I feel better now that I'm not the only one that imagines such things!

So glad I read this, I am freaking out too and just posted in the August roll call. We have the same dates, maybe we can talk each other down!

I was bad this morning! I hadn't slept well and was up reading up on the sleeve and just went on information overload! I'm a little better after my nap, I have my pre-op testing tomorrow, after which I have to start my shakes. Not looking forward to the diet but going too keep pushing through. We can definitely be sleeve buddies!

Thanks everyone - my surgery is actually Tuesday and I have been freaking out so bad! Reading all of your posts has helped me considerably. Like Gia24 - I have been so confident in this decision through all the pre-op hoops and then when I went to my final pre-op appt with my surgeon on Thursday - I suddenly became overwhelmed with what I am doing. So scared of what I'm gonna wake up to - if I wake up. I feel better now that I'm not the only one that imagines such things!

See that's my biggest thing, fear of not waking up. I feel like I'm heading off to the firing squad! But I'm going to be ok. My life is going to change and I'm going to be fine. It's a 90 minute procedure and I'll be fine, and so will you! Keep us posted on your surgery! I pray everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery!