Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ARGH! Ready to meet doctor but not until i lose weight

ok.. i'm dieting. i am following everything. gone through all the steps (i think) met with MD about getting Vitamins up.. ok... now i have another nutritionist appt on the 20th... lost 5 lbs last month. but they can not have me meet doctor and schedule surgery until i decrease my size of my liver. i also found out i have gallstones so i will need to get my gallbladder out when i have surgery as well. in all i'm psyched about everything and glad the process has finally started moving along. one issue I CAN'T LOSE ANY WEIGHT!!! like i feel like if i can do this diet and lose weight i would not be requesting surgery. i know that i need to decrease my liver size but wahhhhhhhhhh i dont' know how. the doc told me the nutritionist is waiting for me to lose weight before i can meet the surgeon and start scheudling a surgery date.. anyone have this problem? like not being able to lose weight and having your surgery in the clouds ahead of you???

Get some of the great Protein suppliment powders, and do the two week Protein fast for yourself. You'll lose.

This does seem strange though... the "liver shrinking" is for right before surgery, usually...

really? thank you for responding. well they told me i was close to surgery that i've completed all the steps but i need to shrink my liver and lose weight

You usually get a diet to follow to shrink your liver, some docs go for liquids only, mine did low carb, high Protein, restricted calories. You need to ask the nutritionist what diet he or she wants you to follow, it's not up to you to decided, lol - but as Arts137 says, odd too that you don't have a date for surgery but they are asking you to shrink your liver...

Good luck, with the right diet, you will lose weight pre-surgery :-)

Txs for the response. Well I didn't really get a choice on the diet. Same as what you said close to no carbs high high Protein exercise. I'm following it weighing everything like all other diets weight is going no where. Been on the diet for little more than a month now next appt 20th of this month is this just gonna go on forever, feels like it

I'm having the same problem. I must weight 192 lbs in order to get a surgery date. My current weight is 206. I need help....

I'm having the same problem. I must weight 192 lbs in order to get a surgery date. My current weight is 206. I need help....

When it is really bothering you, Ladies, call your doctor and talk to someone.

This is hard. We do know it and agree. And it does go on forever. With 80% (or more) of your stomach gone forever... forever is the right word. We all still have to pay attention for the rest of our lives. The sleeve ain't magical. You can eat a whole bag of Cookies IF YOU WANT after the sleeve, (1) if you are creative (2) but that would be stupid!

Don't give up. It took me 3 months to drop the eight pounds needed. I didn't cheat and I exercised everyday. Sometimes it takes awhile for the weight to show on the scale.

My doctor told me no high impact exercise but I did it after walking and swimming proved not to be enough. I brought The Biggest Loser Last Chance workout and after a month the weight came off. But that's for rules benders/breakers like me that sometimes have to do more then were advised to. Just know your limit and what will work for you or need some modifications.