Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having the hardest time not cheating on my pre-op diet!

My surgery is Aug. 8th and I have to do a 2 week, clear liquid only diet. I do really well all day until about dinner time. The thing that gets me is I know some other people get certain food, or only have to do 1 week or 3 days before surgery and still are fine.

What were you allowed on your pre-op diet and how long did you have to do it for? (Im curious cuz doctors are so different!)

Did everyone have willpower of steel and went a full 2 weeks with no cheating???

or does everyone cheat a little bit??

Nerves of steel because I was scared shitless about having the surgery canceled!

But it was hard.. I am a night time eater so I'd save some of my food (shakes) to help with the witching hours.

Oh yes mine was two weeks also,

You are so close, hang in there!

Mine is one week prior and consists of 2-3 Protein Shakes a day and salad or protein/veggie dinner. Pretty Low carb. You can do it. Stay strong. Where are you having your surgery?

We love you. That said, your post appears to be a request for permission to cheat.

Not trying to be mean... Just sayin'

Mine was 2 weeks, it was hard... soooper hard but got better after 3/4 days and by the time of surgery I felt I could do it forever! You are right, some don't have MDs that do it this way. But I did and you do. Try to hold on. If you do -- the BEST thing you'll get is the knowledge that for 2 weeks You controlled food, not the other way around.

Sending you good thoughts and power vibes...

Mine is a 12 day diet consisting of 3 Protein Shakes and 2 cups of plain, nonfat yogurt and all the Water I want LOL (plus broth, SF popsicles/jello).....plus 2 days of clear liquids......haven't cheated.....I've come too far to screw it up....good luck....

Mine is at least 70 grams of lean Protein and no more than 30 grams of carbs for 4 weeks. Then only Clear Liquids the day before. I'm trying hard but having problems keeping the carbs under 30. Just to have a cup of Almond milk is 4g carbs. I'm getting better every day though.

You must stick to it. I cheated and had bleeding issues during my surgery. My BP dropped dangerously low and I needed an emergency blood transfusion. We're the two related? Possibly...probably. I'm happy to say no other problems, I'm 4 months out and have lost 53 pounds. Don't cheat, it's not worth it!

Mine is one week prior and consists of 2-3 Protein Shakes a day and salad or protein/veggie dinner. Pretty Low carb. You can do it. Stay strong. Where are you having your surgery?

Im having surgery at Banner Gateway in Gilbert, AZ

I'm 6 days into my 2-week pre-op diet (surgery date 8/12). It's certainly not easy, but I haven't had many thoughts about cheating. I'm allowed 4 Protein shakes, a salad for lunch, veggies for dinner and unlimited SF Jello and Popsicles.

Whatever you do, don't give in. It's not worth it. If you need a buddy or extra support, feel free to message me. ;-)

I'm on day 4 of a 4 week liquid diet. Gahhh. Even though lots of docs have different requirements , its best to listen to yours. 2 weeks isn't that bad. Today my husband asked me to go to McDonalds for him since u was gonna be out running errands and he was home working on my car. I nearly hit the roof, totally flipped out on him. Came home and my Soup broth.oh yum. :) good luck!

Mine was also clear liquids only. For 2.5 weeks. I did not cheat at all. I was to afraid to! I lost 29.7 lbs during mine. My surgeon was very proud of me. That was the best reward.

I am having the hardest time not cheating on my pre-op diet!

My surgery is Aug. 8th and I have to do a 2 week' date=' clear liquid only diet. I do really well all day until about dinner time. The thing that gets me is I know some other people get certain food, or only have to do 1 week or 3 days before surgery and still are fine.

What were you allowed on your pre-op diet and how long did you have to do it for? (Im curious cuz doctors are so different!)

Did everyone have willpower of steel and went a full 2 weeks with no cheating???

or does everyone cheat a little bit??[/quote']

I feel you girlfriend, I haven't been able to control my eating either.... It's so firkin hard. My docs don't require any sort of liquid diet (well they haven't mentioned it yet) but before I have my final consult with the surgeon I have to loose 10-15 pounds so my plan is to do a liquid diet prior to the appt to loose that weight. Hopefully because I know that would determine my surgery date I stick to my plan :)

Good luck to you! Try your best!!!

Sent from my iPhone

IT's HARD!

Build a plan. If you get through 3/4 days WITHOUT ADDING CARBS OR SUGAR it WILL get better! (If you do eat sugar and carbs, you start the process all over again IMHO)

When "hungry" (and you will be hungry -- likely for the first time in YEARS) remember that nobody died from being hungry AND that this is in your head more than it is in your stomach AND:

-- drink Water, it works,

-- go for a walk

-- at night, go to bed.

I am taking the advice of a good friend on this site and easing into my diet. I am scheduled for August 30th and I only have a week pre op required because of my BMI of 35. I am starting now, mainly because I have been in this "eat while I can" mindset and I have put on a few more pounds. The last 2 days I have cut out sugar in my coffee and I am using Nectresse (not bad because I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners)and a little agave (not much because too mush is to sweet. I also stopped drinking sugary sodas. This has been just days and I have already lost 2 pounds. Trust me, cutting out processed sugar and white flour will cut down your craving for carbs. I totally agree with ARts137. It amazes me that there is so much difference in diets among us sleevers. Mine pre op consist of Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and a salad or Lean and Green dinner. I am also allowed another Protein shake if I need it. JPSnAZ, my recommendation would be have an extra Protein shake if you are hungry. I know that doesn't sound appetizing but it will help with your hunger. Good Luck and I can't wait to hear about your journey :)