Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Lopez or Dr. Garcia? Cant decide? Any input appreciated

Tim H... Is this the same Dr Garcia that alma coordinates with? I'm trying to gather information. My date is 10/18. I'm traveling to tj alone and want to know what to expect.

Edited to add that I'm brand new to discussion boards entirely and may have answered part of my question:-$

Dr. Fernando Garcia Govea works with Ready 4 a Change and Alma is the coordinator. There is also a different Dr. I--- Garcia. But that's not who we are talking about.

I am scheduled for August 30th, 29 days and counting ( I need a ticker tape to count down the days) with Dr. Garcia. I will keep everyone posted on my journey!

Thanks for all the feedback. :D

I was sleeved on march 22 at MiDoctor with Dr. alejandro lopez...pls when you are on this forum you should clarify which drs you are using , used or thinking about. The names are similar and people should remember that it is these Drs livelihood you are messing with when making statements (even if they are true and personal) without being specific.

With that said, my experience was great. No exaggeration. I've had surgeries in the states and my sleeve surgery was probably the second best next to my csection with my daughter. Clean, professional and informative. I must also mention that I went through Alighterme......haven't Ben on this forum in a while and companies do change but MY experience with them was great...Abraham the driver was the best.

Four months lost 44lbs since. Size 18-10....goal weight 148....current weight 181 surgery weight 224. Highest weight 259 ...5'8"

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hey everybody! I just found out that with Dr. Garcia through Ready 4 a Change if you write down who referred you, they get a little bonus check. I don't know how much it is, but the woman who referred me just texted to say thank you. If someone on here has referred you to them, be sure to write down their name! It's a small and nice way to thank each other.

I'll let u know I have surgery Monday I let you know on a cut by cut bases

I used Dr. Fernando Garcia in Tijuana, Mexico. My surgery was July 25 and it was great. My father went along with me and my wife. They changed our hotel reservations to a better hotel so that my father would have a room also. We were picked up immediately upon arrival at San Diego and taken to our hotel. The next day we were taken to the Oasis of Hope hospital were the surgery took place. It was very nice and clean. The staff was great. The surgery went very smooth and hospital stay was two days. Then two more days at the hotel.

It was a great experience. Everyone was very professional but at the same time they were very caring and attentive. I would highly recommend Dr. Fernando Garcia.< /p>

Is MI Doctor cold???

Trying to find out if hospital is real cold or cool. Feed back please.

Is MI Doctor cold???

I was there in February and it was freezing, the common areas downstairs didn't have heat and that traveled thru the common areas of the different floors, the doctors and nurses had on coats and sweatshirts.... But cold being 50's. I had control of the temp in my hospital room and had a robe for the hallways.

Now being summer time my thought would be if its too hot. Not sure about the ac situation, but again I think you will have control of your personal room.

The temperature was fine. I had a thermostat in my room to control it and I don't remember it being cold. My wife was comfortable and she gets cold very easy.

Tim H... Is this the same Dr Garcia that alma coordinates with? I'm trying to gather information. My date is 10/18. I'm traveling to tj alone and want to know what to expect.

Yes. It's the same Dr. Garcia. My surgery was at Mi Doctor Hospital.< /p>

I was sleeved on march 22 at MiDoctor with Dr. alejandro lopez...pls when you are on this forum you should clarify which drs you are using ' date=' used or thinking about. The names are similar and people should remember that it is these Drs livelihood you are messing with when making statements (even if they are true and personal) without being specific. With that said, my experience was great. No exaggeration. I've had surgeries in the states and my sleeve surgery was probably the second best next to my csection with my daughter. Clean, professional and informative. I must also mention that I went through Alighterme......haven't Ben on this forum in a while and companies do change but MY experience with them was great...Abraham the driver was the best. Four months lost 44lbs since. Size 18-10....goal weight 148....current weight 181 surgery weight 224. Highest weight 259 ...5'8" Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

I have been searching all over for feedback on Dr. Lopez. Thanks for the info. I'm scheduled with him on October 22. Was starting to get nervous as everyone is talking about these other surgeons and I wasn't hearing anything on lopez.

I was sleeved on march 22 at MiDoctor with Dr. alejandro lopez...pls when you are on this forum you should clarify which drs you are using ' date=' used or thinking about. The names are similar and people should remember that it is these Drs livelihood you are messing with when making statements (even if they are true and personal) without being specific. With that said, my experience was great. No exaggeration. I've had surgeries in the states and my sleeve surgery was probably the second best next to my csection with my daughter. Clean, professional and informative. I must also mention that I went through Alighterme......haven't Ben on this forum in a while and companies do change but MY experience with them was great...Abraham the driver was the best. Four months lost 44lbs since. Size 18-10....goal weight 148....current weight 181 surgery weight 224. Highest weight 259 ...5'8" Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

I have been searching all over for feedback on Dr. Lopez. Thanks for the info. I'm scheduled with him on October 22. Was starting to get nervous as everyone is talking about these other surgeons and I wasn't hearing anything on lopez.