Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I only lost 3.8 lbs in July

I had surgery on June 10th and I have lost 31 lbs. while I am happy with the weight loss, I'm frustrated about only losing 3.8 lbs this month. I have just gotten to the point this week where I can eat without throwing up or feeling nauseated. I have not been doing much exercising, because I don't know what to do. I currently weigh 230 lbs and would like to lose 70 more pounds. I'm a teacher and I will be going back to work soon and I'm wondering what's something good for me to eat during the day while at work? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

post-58230-13813668357027_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the body just needs time to catch up. And I find that I may not lose one week and the next week lost 3 or 4. So don't despair. Make sure you are getting ENOUGH calories, too!

Some good things to bring with you for snacks/lunch:

cheese sticks

Dry roast edamame

Greek Yogurt

lunch meat

babybel cheese

Flatbread or tortilla (low carb/calorie) with 1 or 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter

Protein powder (shaker bottle)

cottage cheese

beef Jerky (I love Jerky hut jerky - 90 calories 14 grams of Protein (I think) for 1 ounce - very filling but very meaty)

Try to start walking just to build up your stamina and then add to it as you feel stronger. I really didn't exercise (other than walking) until I was about 7 months out. I started at the gym when I was 200 pounds (started at 278) before that I really don't think I would have been able to handle it. So walking (like walking the dog pace) a few days a week was all I got up to that point and I still lost. Not saying that is the best way to do it, but for me I focused on getting the nutrition and losing enough that I felt I could handle more intense exercise. (I also, because of my job sit at my desk typing for 8 - 10 hours a day 6 days a week -so I was VERY, VERY out of shape). I am now doing zumba, body pump, Warrior Workout, HIIT classes. So you will improve your fitness very quickly (4 months for me going from 30 minutes on the treadmill to the above)

Good luck and you can do it. Keep working at it and make it a lifestyle and you will see the results.

My new favorite saying is: Fit is hard. Fat is hard. Pick your hard.

(Not my quote - but I love it!) Work hard....see results!

Thank you for your suggestions and empowerment!

I had surgery on June 10th and I have lost 31 lbs. while I am happy with the weight loss' date=' I'm frustrated about only losing 3.8 lbs this month. I have just gotten to the point this week where I can eat without throwing up or feeling nauseated. I have not been doing much exercising, because I don't know what to do. I currently weigh 230 lbs and would like to lose 70 more pounds. I'm a teacher and I will be going back to work soon and I'm wondering what's something good for me to eat during the day while at work? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

[/quote']

I was sleeved June 24th and I am 45 yrs. Old, 5'3". Day of surgery I weighed 273.

Today July 31st I weighed 253.

So 20 pounds this month.

I have stalled now for two weeks. I think lack of fluids. I was severly dehydrated & had to get 2 bags of fluids 3 days ago.

I try and walk the treadmill for 30 minutes with getting my heartrate up to 118+. Or cycling for 30minutes.

I teach also, and plan on taking string cheese , Quest Protein bars , Ostrich beef sticks, tuna . Stuff like that along with water!

Hope that helps! Good luck!

If you read some of the posts on here you will find most people go through a stall at 1 month post op. For some it only lastsa couple days for others it lasts a couple weeks. If you stock to your plan given to you by the doctor the weight loss should resume. It is also good to track your measurements sometimes when the weight isn't moving you will see changes in the measurements. Don't get discouraged. Good luck. Enjoy the journey is not always easy but it gets better.

31 pounds in less than 2 months is amazing. I am at 2 months qnd have only lost 33 pounds. I am jealous lol. I love beef Jerky too.

There's no silver bullet when it comes to exercise other than just get moving. I tend to mix things up a bit. I'll lift weights and do gym stuff for a while. Then I might go on a walking binge for a month or two. Maybe toss some interval training in there as well. Some days I take my bike out. It's literally a toss-up as to what I'm going to do, but something gets done.

In terms of the diet... Focus on hitting your marks set by your doctor. Hit the Protein and Water hard. One rule of thumb my doctor recommends is to pick foods that deliver 1 gm of Protein per 10 calories.

Here are some favorites of mine

Greek Yogurt

Turkey/Chicken/Fish

Light cheese Sticks

Click coffee Protein Power (Watch the caffeine)

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury

Jerkys (Watch the sodium)

Promax Fit N Crisp (Very yummy)

If you are on MyFitnessPal friend me to see how I eat. The username is mjk2374.

Pinterest also has lots of good ideas for exercise and food.

Quest bars are awesome!

I was sleeved June 24th and I am 45 yrs. Old, 5'3". Day of surgery I weighed 273.

Today July 31st I weighed 253.

So 20 pounds this month.

I have stalled now for two weeks. I think lack of fluids. I was severly dehydrated & had to get 2 bags of fluids 3 days ago.

I try and walk the treadmill for 30 minutes with getting my heartrate up to 118+. Or cycling for 30minutes.

I teach also, and plan on taking string cheese , Quest Protein bars , Ostrich beef sticks, tuna . Stuff like that along with water!

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Thank you guys! I just downloaded the MyFitnessPal app! How do I friend you?

It is very refreshing to read all these posts. I am 5 weeks out, down 24 lbs. so far, but have not lost any weight for 10 days. It will go up or down by a few ounces every day, but no significant change. I was getting very freaked out by this! I know I am following the plan set by my doctor/nutritionist and getting enough Protein in every day, so I couldn't figure out what was going on. Hopefully I'll get back on track soon, and I wish the same for you! :)

Thank you guys! I just downloaded the MyFitnessPal app! How do I friend you?

I sent you a PM.

It is very refreshing to read all these posts. I am 5 weeks out, down 24 lbs. so far, but have not lost any weight for 10 days. It will go up or down by a few ounces every day, but no significant change. I was getting very freaked out by this! I know I am following the plan set by my doctor/nutritionist and getting enough Protein in every day, so I couldn't figure out what was going on. Hopefully I'll get back on track soon, and I wish the same for you! :)

You will! Don't let the scale overwhelm you. Remember this is a life long journey and change in lifestyle/eating behaviors. So everything you are doing is bettering yourself for the long term! I am no "special" person, in fact I thought "I" would be the "one person" who this wouldn't work for and guess what.....it is working!

Try to enjoy life while on the journey as well, don't let the scale and the weight loss overshadow all the other wonderful things going on in your life. It helped for me to just live and start to "really live" so that I didn't put life on hold while I was losing.

Before you know it you'll be a few months out and then the clothes start getting to big and then people start noticing and then you get even more excited about getting healthy and fit and all the while you are learning new healthy habits. The sleeve is a beautiful thing and you are beautiful working your sleeve!

It's very common to stall. Some people stall for long periods of time too. I have a specific pattern with my body. I drop lots of weight early in the week and then stall out after Wednesday.

Don't just watch the scale, take measurements as well. Lots of times when you stall, your body is resizing itself.

Take the victories anyway you can get them whether it's at the scale or at the tape.

I'm going through something simular. I was sleeved on June 17th. I'm down 30lbs since surgery. The last few weeks I have been at a standstill and today when I weighed myself I had actually gained 3lbs! Im trying to

KEEP CALM

AND

WORK THE SLEEVE.