Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found myself constipated and after trying Magnesium citrate and Miralax finally went. problem was I still had some hard stool stuck and it took some pressure and pushing to pass. 4 days later I felt an awful pain and 2 days later ended up in the E.R. 10 Hospitalized days later and 9 IV line sites I came home. I had a severe diverticulitis episode and a kidney infection. Lots of pain and 10 days of iv antibiotics and fluids later I'm now taking Dulcolax stool softeners, Fiber choice chews 1 once a day to start and starting my pureed foods one at a time again. I had been 4 weeks post op and doing terrific. One of the reasons I couldn't come home was the inability to take large pills ( I had to explain what a sleeve was and the limitations at least 5 times a day to the nurses etc. because they just couldn't understand why I wasn't willing to cooperate with their plan). I was on a clear liquid diet ( salty broth, sweet apple juice, sugary Jello until they put me on a diabetic liquid diet URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH). Moral of the story....make sure you drink your liquids to keep the fiber in your guts moving well. Do anything you can to keep Constipation away. I am so glad to be home, weak as I may be.

Oww! I'm glad to hear you're doing better now!

~Kat

Glad you're home, too! I had a bad bout with dehydration and Constipation shortly after being sleeved....no fun at all! Miralax is my best friend.

Glad to hear your doing well, my BF (who isn't sleeved) has Diverticulitis and when he had his first episode of it he said it was one of the most painful things he has ever experienced.

Please take care of yourself, that is very serious. My husband had undiagnosed diverticulitis and when he strained he perforated his colon and almost died.

Thanks everyone! I am 1 week out of the hospital and just began to "eat solids" yesterday. I was actually pretty scared to try. I began with egg whites scrambled. Once yesterday and once today. Had a Fiber choice chewable and am drinking lots of Gatorade g2. Began my bariatric Vitamins once again as well. Still weak but because it's summer in the So. Cal desert I'm not venturing out much. I do get into the pool late in the day and just walk and tread Water. My nutritionist told me to get yogurt with Probiotics so I will try some later. NEVER EVER want to go thru that again.