Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my birthday is thursday and my friends are having a party for me at a mexican restaurant. i was banded on dec 26 and i am doing great. i have lost 30lbs. i have not been to a restaurant since my surgery and i am kinda nervous about it. i don't know what i should even eat when i get to the party.

Well - are you on mushies? Beans are always good. Flan is nice and mushy - but not what you would call "good for you".

I guess you could probably eat anything soft. You will just have to CHEW a lot.

Hugs and Happy Birthday!!

Depends on how you look at it. If you want to eat anything you can. It depends on whether or not you want to take the calories in. A chicken enchilda with rice and Beans might be nice. I like chile rellenos the best. But I think they are high in calories. Enjoy a nice Margarita with a nice tostado or enchila. It will be fun. Just get back on program when you are done. If you are on mushy stage I would go for rice and beans and add in a cheese enchilda. That would be really easy to get down. Have fun!

Beans and guac...yummmm!!! Also a margarita....yummm!!! The beans are the Protein, the guac is the veggies, the margarita is the fruit, it's a blanced meal...:welldone: ~Mandy

Id lay off the marguerita cuz of the hi calories, I eat at mexican restauraunts regularly, and this is what I do.

I am loose in the evenings so thats when I eat there.

I order Decaf herbal tea, and this also relaxes my stoma

I eat very slowly and have two or three chips with tea. That it for before dinner.< /p>

I order one cheese or chicken enchalada with Beans, and I eat them very slowly.

I usually eat my chicken first then the beans witha few more chips.

I chew well and just stop after two or three bites, rest,talk, and sip more hot tea.

Then I eat another 2 or three bites, making sure I stop when I feel slightly full. I call this a soft stop.

then I just pick a taste or two after that.

This satisfies my eating out privelidges. and It looks like a normal meal, although it really is quite small.

I never finish all this, but I feel like I ate a banquet!

I also change out a tamali once in a while.

Hope this helps, Have fun.

victoriana: GREAT idea.... we eat at mexican restraunts all the time and I've been wondering what in the heck I'm going to order after my banding!

We eat Mexican all the time, it is by far the easiest of foods for me to eat! I too slowly snack on a couple of chips and salsa---but have found I can eat pretty much anything. I avoid the burritos, sometimes the uncooked flour tortillas get a little dough-y for me. I go for the chimichanga if I want a burrito type of thing---it is flour tortilla, but deep fried! yeah I know fried!! But I eat maybe 1/4 -1/3 of my food, take the rest home, and I enjoy the heck out of it. It is a favorite unwind type of evening for DH and I, I refuse to spend every second worrying about each bite I take!! I want to enjoy the trip, not just the destination!

Happy Birthday---enjoy!!! And welcome to bandland!!

Kat

We eat out at Mexican restaurant at least once a week. I have chips and salsa, chili con quesa, cheese enchilliata and refried Beans. I order ala carte and get just one cheese enchillata. I don't eat rice and haven't tried flour tortillas with faijias since banding.

I would stay away from chicken on your first outing. You will be trying to talk, etc. and may forget about chewing. Stick to refried Beans, chili con queso, guamole, etc. You will be surprised how easy chips are to chew and disolve. :huggie: