Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nutritionist and........whats next

ok, i have done a month of dieting with the nutritionist. Though i have slipped up a couple time (but thats natural as i did not have any surgery yet) and ate something i shouldn't have. Anyways.. I went in and saw her and lost 5 lbs. ok.. she schedules another one. tells me not to drink milk anymore. ...... whats next. i feel as i am just seeing a nutrionist and my surgery is in the shadows.. when am i going to see a doctor. I have already had labs, ekg, ultrasound, and upper gi tests.. seeing biatric nurse (actually MD) but she is someone to make sure I am healthy for surgery. has anyone gone through this process and what is next. i don't want to be hasty and ask them like.. ummm whats a timeline. or is she waiting for me to lose more weight? like i'm confused!!!!!

Every practice is different. Just call the office and ask when you are supposed to visit the doctor. I personally saw the doctor before I started the nut visits. In fact I see the dr before all nut visits even to this day and I am 8 months out.

OH WOW. see when i went for the information session they said that it could take between 1-3 months to schedule a surgery. i have kept all appts gotten all labs and following up with the nutritionist. i have only met with the nut (psych) one time at the initial appt. so it's like wth is going on?? I did my first information session at the end of june.. and now we are about to hit aug with no time line.. thank you for your insite.

Your practice seems to be doing things completely different than any other I've seen. I would ask right up front what the process is and what time frame is remaining. My process was

See Dr, go the counter to get list of insurance required items.

Return home and schedule those items.

Complete them.

Return to See Dr, go to counter to select date

Have survery

Time frame brtween 2 Dr visits-6 weeks.

I am 2.5 hrs from my surgeon. I moved things along faster because i did not use the Drs providers or scheduling. I scheduled all of my own with Drs near my home.

Yours kind of sounds like mine.. I have been seeing the nut, the coordinator, my family doctor, and several other doctors for the last seven almost eight months.. And still don't have a surgery date. I just got my date to meet the surgeon for the first time two weeks ago. I meet him on the first.. Still have to wait to have him schedule me EDG..then wait for those results and then hopefully get my surgery scheduled.. Hang in there.. It will only drive your little (insert sarcasm) crazy!

why is it taking so long? i'm trying to understand.. like some are done in 3 months and some are 8-9 months out... I"m confused

see how fast your process was! i need to do that bc your right they are all close but this whole nutritionist visits and now a nurse visit.. and my initial appts were all a month ago. i see this biatric nurse (MD) on friday so i will be sure to ask her what the steps are. i know i am a good candidate.. my mother had the gastric.. all bros and sis are over weight.. strict diet for the last month and only lost 5 lbs... thank you for your responses

why is it taking so long? i'm trying to understand.. like some are done in 3 months and some are 8-9 months out... I"m confused

I think some of it depends in the practice that you are going to.. And some of it is insurance.. It's truly a toss up. In my own little way I think they make those of us with a lower BMI have a longer process to make sure this is something we truly want/need.. If we can and do deal with the wait before hand we will be willing to make the changes afterwards.

Ok kewl well my bmi is 44 n I'm getting no info