Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery 7/31 with Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela

I am a band to sleep patient I will have my band removed and sleeved July 31st, I am excited yet worried about the success I will have with the sleeve, I am at 203 and have a goal of 145 that I never meet with my band, I got my hand back in 01/2005 weight was 243 went down to 165 which I maintained good till February 2012. I want to know how people do with the sleeve after the band???

I'm a very slow loser, but losing! I'm averaging about 1-2 lbs a week. The way I look at it I had my 6 month honeymoon period 6 years ago. Even though my band had slipped I still only ate about a cup of food, now I eat half a cup. I was gaining at a cup, losing at a half.

Had surgery 7/31 work up with some nausea and vomiting but it went away later that night, the following day I felt like I never had surgery I am three days out and feel great, people commented in the hospital and hotel that I looked like I didn't have anything done. Now ready to help take this weight off.

Hi Esmeralda. I think you and your friend met me and my mom and sis!! I was going to call or text, but I was a little ill. I am going to contact you soon.

I have the same concern as you Esmeralda. I initially lost with the band....maintained a while....gained about 40 back. Now I'm on on my liquid pre-op and lost 3 pounds each week so far. My band removal is 2 weeks from today. How have you been bow that your about 2 weeks out? Was your surgeon able to address your question?

It's Lisa. I'll get with you very soon. I know you are doing good. We talked about having a skinny party. :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!