Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well ladies had my first visit with dr Scarborough at tlc today, and a little excited now. Come to find out uhc does want 6 month weight loss supervised diet but it does not have to be consecutively! Yay! Also they diet with physician can go back 2 years, so I no I have 2 months covered for sure. I no have to do 4 months with dietitian a psych eval and a egd. I'm hoping to have surgery in December so I dnt have to meet my deductible all over again. Dr says we have pretty good chance as long as I do appointment with dietitian this month September October an November we can submit. Getting excited! ;)

Well ladies had my first visit with dr Scarborough at tlc today' date=' and a little excited now. Come to find out uhc does want 6 month weight loss supervised diet but it does not have to be consecutively! Yay! Also they diet with physician can go back 2 years, so I no I have 2 months covered for sure. I no have to do 4 months with dietitian a psych eval and a egd. I'm hoping to have surgery in December so I dnt have to meet my deductible all over again. Dr says we have pretty good chance as long as I do appointment with dietitian this month September October an November we can submit. Getting excited! ;)[/quote']

This is exciting. I used Dr.Yu in the same office. They are really wonderful. I was just sleeved on July 31st. What part of town are you in?

Which surgery did u recieve?

I had the sleeve with a hiatal hernia fix.

I had the sleeve with a hiatal hernia fix.

Dr. Yu did both procedures on me too.

My New Journey 2013

I'm using Dr. Alanis - Southeast Houston Bariatrics - through Nova. Everyone has been super nice and has worked hard to get everything scheduled and approved. Dr. Alanis is one of the bariatric surgery pioneers in the state and did an excellent job of explaining the surgery. So far, so good.

I'm right outside houston in the pearland area. U?

I too am near your area and I had my surgery with Doctor Hollis (baychoice bariatrics) at memorial hermann - no complications yet and went home the next day! Of course I am just two weeks out but they have a great staff. I lost 36 so far including 1 week pre-op (they rushed it because my gallbladder was at 0% and I needed it removed) Good luck with your journey!!

Looking for someone in Houston area that has already had surgery. Can't seem to pick dr' date=' I guess I'm jus a little scared. I've been speaking to Texas laparoscopic center an I've spoke with David clinic as well. Need help, suggestions??[/quote']

Well i am in Beaumont but Surgery will be done in Houston

Looking for someone in Houston area that has already had surgery. Can't seem to pick dr' date=' I guess I'm jus a little scared. I've been speaking to Texas laparoscopic center an I've spoke with David clinic as well. Need help, suggestions??[/quote']

I used Dr. Erik Wilson at the Bellaire MIST Clinic. My husband was sleeved by him as well. Dr. Wilson and his staff are awesome. I got my sleeve on July 25 and I'm down 51 pounds already. It hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it.

I will say that I know Dr. Scarborough from TLC and he's a very nice man. Our sons are friends so it would have been awkward for me to use him. Plus, I haven't told many people that I had the surgery.

Good luck! If you need any advice let me know!

Well I have picked dr scarsbourgh at Tlc, an I have already started all my insurance requirements. I should be done in November, so I should be sleeved in December!

Looking for someone in Houston area that has already had surgery. Can't seem to pick dr, I guess I'm jus a little scared. I've been speaking to Texas laparoscopic center an I've spoke with David clinic as well. Need help, suggestions??

I have a buddy here that is from Humble. I sent her a link to your thread here.

Well I have picked dr scarsbourgh at Tlc' date=' an I have already started all my insurance requirements. I should be done in November, so I should be sleeved in December![/quote']

I used dr. Yu he is in the same office as Scarborough. I think everyone in the office is very nice. You will love working with them.

Yes they are very nice there. Everyone has been very helpful an informative on everything. I haven't any problems.... At least not yet! Lol (fingers crossed that I don't!)

Had surgery on August 27th, spent one night in hospital. I admit that I was unbelieveably miserable for the first 2 days, but I improved very quickly after that. (I have fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease affecting my back) Lost 10 lbs pre-surgery, 17 lbs in the 2 weeks since. 4 inches gibes from my waist!!

VST date 8/27/13