Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been pretty much doing the same thing. "Testing" little bites of this and that to see if I could handle it. Truth be told' date=' I completely skipped the "puréed" part and went straight to soft foods because I'd chew my food for so long it'd pretty much be puréed when I swallowed it anyway. I used to be a big salad Water but haven't had the nerve to try lettuce though. Has anyone tried it at almost 5 weeks out?[/quote']

I am 6 weeks out and I tried very little salad and it sat well with me.

Salads not allowed by my doctor til the 3 month mark :(. I miss them.

Six months for me, like you I miss them also.

M&m, I'm so sorry about the leak. That is really bad luck, but I'm glad you were on the ball and caught it early.

From about 2 1/2 weeks out until 3 days ago, I was having the worst time. I would eat a little and then feel so tight, painful and nauseous. With everything except maybe a plain cracker. It was awful. I was starting to worry I would never be able to eat without pain and sickness. Then 2 or 3 days ago, a miracle. I can eat and don't feel sick afterwards. Thins aren't feeling stuck as much. I can also eat more at a time. So now I'm worried maybe my pouch is stretched out or too big. There's always something to obsess about. Anyone else have this? Tonight I finished a 3.9 oz thing of cottage cheese with no problem. I haven't ever done that. It's just so weird. I always felt like I knew what my body was doing. Now I feel like my stomach is an alien. Lol

My daughter is 4 months out and STILL can't eat salads! Everyone is different, I guess..

I woke up fine that morning' date=' but around 11am I had a pressure feeling in my upper abdomen (right under my ribs). I got up to walk around thinking it was gas and the pain spread all the way down my abdomen and to the sides as well. The only way to describe it is a really, really bad labor contraction that doesn't end. I had no fever or vomiting, just the pain. Abdominal pain and nausea are signs, so I would call the doctor If I were you. Better safe than sorry! They said if I had waited, it would have been much worse. Please let me know how you're doing. You'll be in my prayers!

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

I had my operation July 25..... and I'll guess ur trying to pass a stone... it mimics labor until u pass it.... I should know I did it was a lower pain in front and as pain increased the sharp pains went to the lower back.... like labor then I peed it out and a calm comes over ya!!!! crazy to think something as small as a half peppercorn can be so painful!!!! it comes along with the surgery

I had my operation July 25..... and I'll guess ur trying to pass a stone... it mimics labor until u pass it.... I should know I did it was a lower pain in front and as pain increased the sharp pains went to the lower back.... like labor then I peed it out and a calm comes over ya!!!! crazy to think something as small as a half peppercorn can be so painful!!!! it comes along with the surgery

Mine was actually a leak, but the symptoms sound similar.

M&m' date=' I'm so sorry about the leak. That is really bad luck, but I'm glad you were on the ball and caught it early.

From about 2 1/2 weeks out until 3 days ago, I was having the worst time. I would eat a little and then feel so tight, painful and nauseous. With everything except maybe a plain cracker. It was awful. I was starting to worry I would never be able to eat without pain and sickness. Then 2 or 3 days ago, a miracle. I can eat and don't feel sick afterwards. Thins aren't feeling stuck as much. I can also eat more at a time. So now I'm worried maybe my pouch is stretched out or too big. There's always something to obsess about. Anyone else have this? Tonight I finished a 3.9 oz thing of cottage cheese with no problem. I haven't ever done that. It's just so weird. I always felt like I knew what my body was doing. Now I feel like my stomach is an alien. Lol[/quote']

Thanks so much! all i can say is that if you feel like something isnt right, get it checked out. I wouldn't know from experience, since I'm on IV nutrition for 2 more weeks. After that I go back to Clear liquids. :( I heard that when you start adding in more solid Protein, like chicken and fish you get the fullness feeling better.

Is anyone at 5 weeks out not really loosing weight? I slowed to a stop at three weeks which I assumed was the "dreaded 3 week" stall. But I am still not loosing. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. I am eating around 700-750 calories, I burn at least 200 of those daily with excercise Anyone have any advice. I am seeing the nut tomorrow to go over my fitness pal. I track everything. I don't want 26 pounds to be it.

I was told not to worry. Mathematically it has to happen. For the first time in my life I don't have to obsess about it.

I been doing the same IM 7weeks out and at 3weeks I stall till 5 weeks then I lost 7 pds and now IM 7 weeks and stall again but I do see inches gone so that helps me stay positives ,so don't worry it's going too move again

Hi all,

I got my sleeve on July 25. I'm new to this forum - just heard about it from an old friend. My husband got his sleeve in 2012 and has lost 200 pounds. Is anyone else struggling with food? I know I'm not getting 64 ounces of Fluid. God knows I try but I don't seem to have room! Food... well, food is such a struggle. Just about everything makes me so sick. Fortunately, I haven't vomited (my post op nurse has me terrified of vomiting), but I am so sick of the constant diarrhea. The thickest thing I've been able to eat is cottage cheese. I used to love cottage cheese. I'm so over it now. I know that it will be worth it. I'm already down 46 pounds, but my husband never had this much trouble. I guess I just want to know that I'm not alone in this. Nobody really knows what it's like unless they've been through it. Sorry for the long post - I think I'm just so happy to have found a place to talk to people who understand.

Cheers,

Lulu

Hi all' date='

I got my sleeve on July 25. I'm new to this forum - just heard about it from an old friend. My husband got his sleeve in 2012 and has lost 200 pounds. Is anyone else struggling with food? I know I'm not getting 64 ounces of Fluid. God knows I try but I don't seem to have room! Food... well, food is such a struggle. Just about everything makes me so sick. Fortunately, I haven't vomited (my post op nurse has me terrified of vomiting), but I am so sick of the constant diarrhea. The thickest thing I've been able to eat is cottage cheese. I used to love cottage cheese. I'm so over it now. I know that it will be worth it. I'm already down 46 pounds, but my husband never had this much trouble. I guess I just want to know that I'm not alone in this. Nobody really knows what it's like unless they've been through it. Sorry for the long post - I think I'm just so happy to have found a place to talk to people who understand.

Cheers,

Lulu[/quote']

hola! we are sleeve sisters......July 25th here!!!! I'm so sorry your ill... this to shall pass!!!!

I was sleeved on July 31st. I'm down 25 pounds, but the scale has not moved in almost two weeks. I'm so frustrated because I know I'm not overeating by any means. If anything I might not be eating enough. I'm drinking a 20 oz bottle of Isopure with 40 grams of Protein everyday. I'm not drinking enough Water and wondering if this could be the cause. Has anyone else had this long of a stall this early on?

I was sleeved on July 31st. I'm down 25 pounds' date=' but the scale has not moved in almost two weeks. I'm so frustrated because I know I'm not overeating by any means. If anything I might not be eating enough. I'm drinking a 20 oz bottle of Isopure with 40 grams of Protein everyday. I'm not drinking enough Water and wondering if this could be the cause. Has anyone else had this long of a stall this early on?[/quote']

Hi,

I'm having trouble eating as much as I should. My weight loss slowed down a bit but once I added Protein shakes back in, it picked back up. My husband told me that if you don't eat enough, the body goes into starvation mode and you won't lose. Good luck!

Lulu