Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved on the 24th of July and I have lost 30 pounds. My only problem is I have episodes when I am really really tired. I don't know why but when I'm like that I don't feel like doing anything. Hopefully as time goes on this will pass but I am perfectly happy with my decision and I'm not looking back. Got to go out and hit the thrift stores for some smaller levis. And I have to but a new notch in my belt.

It gets better!

I was sleeved July 22 ( so will be 1 month out this Monday).. I'm down 25 lbs post surgery :) im no longer sore but still get exhausted after a full day . I am eating lots of Soup , yogurts, shakes, maybe 2 soft ravioliis. I have a hard time with dry solids .. Tried to eat salmon and suffered terribly after 3 bites .. Such tightness in my chest ! Still trying to get all my liquids in everyday - its tough ! Going back to work Monday - haven't told most people at work , so hoping it won't be awkward ( I have decided to tell everyone because I'm happy with my decision and what do I really care? )

for those of you one week post op, I see some of you drinking muscle milk and Protein Shakes already. My dr. prescribed a clear liquid diet the first two weeks. I'm wondering are those drinks you mention clear?

for those of you one week post op' date=' I see some of you drinking muscle milk and Protein shakes already. My dr. prescribed a clear liquid diet the first two weeks. I'm wondering are those drinks you mention clear?[/quote']

No they are not clear. Every doctor is different with what they have you follow post op. I was told to start my protien shakes on the 3rd day after my surgery then full liquids shortly after that.

for those of you one week post op' date=' I see some of you drinking muscle milk and Protein shakes already. My dr. prescribed a clear liquid diet the first two weeks. I'm wondering are those drinks you mention clear?[/quote']

No they are not clear. Every doctor is different with what they have you follow post op. I was told to start my protien shakes on the 3rd day after my surgery then full liquids shortly after that.

I was sleeved on the 24th, anyone relatively close to my date still having issues with dehydration? I get dehydrated so I feel nauseous which makes me not want to eat or drink, which means I'm not getting in nearly what I should.. I talked to my surgeon about it at 2wks post op and he sent me in to get some IV fluids. I felt pretty decent, but it's creeping up on me again. flavored water is easier to get down than regular, but man I am so sick of sweet between the Water and shakes. I'm on soft foods btw if that makes a difference.

I was sleeved on the 24th' date=' anyone relatively close to my date still having issues with dehydration? I get dehydrated so I feel nauseous which makes me not want to eat or drink, which means I'm not getting in nearly what I should.. I talked to my surgeon about it at 2wks post op and he sent me in to get some IV fluids. I felt pretty decent, but it's creeping up on me again. flavored Water is easier to get down than regular, but man I am so sick of sweet between the Water and shakes. I'm on soft foods btw if that makes a difference.[/quote']

I'm July 25th....for dehydration get Pedilite Popsicles and restore your electrolytes....!!!!! Dehydration will land u in the hospital everyone.... even if you r getting all your water ounces in your body can still dehydrate... electrolytes electrolytes and everyone says Gatorade helps it does not unless there is no sugar sugar robs the electrolytes... don't be afraid to get Pedilite water as well for Fluid count if u don't like the taste add Mio or other sugar free flavor.... help you get over the misery hump soon!

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have resorted to juicing watermelon as it is not as sweet as other fruit juices and gives lots of Fluid.< /p>

I cant do too sweet anymore and also not Water as it just is not nice.

I have also taken to Tomato cocktail. I love the taste and as I found it too expensive, I get tomato puree and dilute it with ice cold water, a dash of salt and peper as well as some tobasco only a hint and that goes down well.

Have you thought of juicing carrots etc?

Good luck.

Totally normal. Try taking smaller sips than you think is necessary. Good luck to you!

This is normal, it takes up to 2 weeks to feel you have enough energy again.

Things only get better from here on.

I was sleeved on the 24th' date=' anyone relatively close to my date still having issues with dehydration? I get dehydrated so I feel nauseous which makes me not want to eat or drink, which means I'm not getting in nearly what I should.. I talked to my surgeon about it at 2wks post op and he sent me in to get some IV fluids. I felt pretty decent, but it's creeping up on me again. flavored Water is easier to get down than regular, but man I am so sick of sweet between the Water and shakes. I'm on soft foods btw if that makes a difference.[/quote']

I was sleeved the 29th, am in purees and also deal with not enough fluids and i cant stand another sweet thing. I started infusing my water with herbs to make it more appealing. Also making ice pops to force me into consistant intake. I might give in and get the pedialite pops though as i need to exersize and im afraid to sweat.

Not only is every doctor different, but every patient is different. A friend of mine and I were sleeved same day by the same surgeon. She was released to drink shakes after discharge, while I had to do Clear Liquids for a week. We have a similar BMI. Only difference is I had problems with excess stomach acid post-op, and she did not.

If y'all are sick of sweet flavors then try adding cucumber slices to ice Water. It is a cool and crisp flavor that is perfect for summer. Also look into Tevana teas.... they are my saving grace so I don't get bored with water.

Milk of magnesia is not working?! And Constipation is killing me!!!! Any help?

I had to take it several days in a row. Try Smooth Move laxative tea. Im seriously constipated as well and i just got my period which means increasing Iron so im grabbing some smooth move stat.

Milk of magnesia is not working?! And Constipation is killing me!!!! Any help?

i am experincing the same hing, eat Prunes, baby prune compote, light Prune juice, or Miralax, drink plenty of Water and it regularize it... I know what you going thru, hope you becomecregular soon!

Sent from my iPad using VST