Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you saying unexpected because its so fast? 32 pounds in a month is more than a pound a day. I can't imagine that it would be possible to lose any faster than that unless you cut off a part of your body. A large part' date=' like a leg:)[/quote']

No expected was correct.. I stopped loosing for a week and I panicked! My Dr told me that I would loose quickly the first few months bc I have 150+ lbs to loose! He said the more you have to loose the faster it will come off! My first two weeks I dropped about 20 lbs, then it stopped! I hit a month today and decided to get back on the scale and I finally lost more! I was stuck and severely panicking! My issues with the whole thing is I see people posting about cheating and still dropping weight like crazy and here I am doing everything right and I was stuck! I'm feeling better now that's for sure!! I just hope I can loose 32 or more lbs. every month! I guess I'm expecting more than some think I should but I guess once the Dr put in my head that I should loose the most of my weight in the first three to six months then I'm totally expecting it.

Devine,

You are going to drive yourself crazy focusing so much on the numbers. I also have more than 150 to lose and was told the first six months are a magic window of time and that I need to follow the plan so I don't end up second guessing myself with thoughts of "if only I had done this" I would be 30lbs less.

Six months of a strict diet is doable and I can certainly follow the plan given to me. We are already one month in. My nut said to stick to around 600 calories and if I am not hungry don't eat. My primary focus is 60-70 grams of Protein and less than 40g of carbs a day.

Right now, I only have the okay for walking but am hoping in Oct I can step that up a notch or two when I go back.

If I do this and I don't stray, I will have done what I should and will not be chastising myself over a missed opportunity. As long as you do your best, be happy with where you end up regardless of the number of days since your surgery. You will get there, its just not an exact science.

Devine' date='

You are going to drive yourself crazy focusing so much on the numbers. I also have more than 150 to lose and was told the first six months are a magic window of time and that I need to follow the plan so I don't end up second guessing myself with thoughts of "if only I had done this" I would be 30lbs less.

Six months of a strict diet is doable and I can certainly follow the plan given to me. We are already one month in. My nut said to stick to around 600 calories and if I am not hungry don't eat. My primary focus is 60-70 grams of Protein and less than 40g of carbs a day.

Right now, I only have the okay for walking but am hoping in Oct I can step that up a notch or two when I go back.

If I do this and I don't stray, I will have done what I should and will not be chastising myself over a missed opportunity. As long as you do your best, be happy with where you end up regardless of the number of days since your surgery. You will get there, its just not an exact science.[/quote']

Thank you!!!! I know I'm taking what was said to me and trying my best to run with it but deep down when I take a break from life I realize I am worrying too much!!!! I've been thinking things like I'm gonna be the one person this doesn't work on even though I can't eat but a few bits then I'm full as a tick!!!

I'm only getting about 400 calories in a day, I haven't went over 500 or even close. Today I drank 1/2 a shake for Breakfast, 1/2 for lunch, drank about 3 oz of G2 (been feeling dehydration nearing) I've been dehydrated in the past a few times so don't want to chance it and the g2 usually helps! I had some really mushed up chicken for supper! Of course I had Water throughout the day. I can't eat much food without regurgitating so I'm back on the shakes and more liquid or pureed items for a while! I'm sorry I tend to go on and on, I haven't told many people about this surgery so I ramble when I get in here!!!! Y'all are the only ones that I have to talk to about it :))

Thank you!!!! I know I'm taking what was said to me and trying my best to run with it but deep down when I take a break from life I realize I am worrying too much!!!! I've been thinking things like I'm gonna be the one person this doesn't work on even though I can't eat but a few bits then I'm full as a tick!!!

I'm only getting about 400 calories in a day' date=' I haven't went over 500 or even close. Today I drank 1/2 a shake for Breakfast, 1/2 for lunch, drank about 3 oz of G2 (been feeling dehydration nearing) I've been dehydrated in the past a few times so don't want to chance it and the g2 usually helps! I had some really mushed up chicken for supper! Of course I had Water throughout the day. I can't eat much food without regurgitating so I'm back on the shakes and more liquid or pureed items for a while! I'm sorry I tend to go on and on, I haven't told many people about this surgery so I ramble when I get in here!!!! Y'all are the only ones that I have to talk to about it :))[/quote']

Divine - ramble away. That's what this place is for. I too, haven't told many people about my surgery, so this group, along with a couple if family members are my sounding board also. Keep doing what you are doing & listen to your body. You are doing great.

Hello everyone!!!!! I had my surgery July 2nd.....and today, I am feeling like it is the worst thing I ever did. I am in week 6 and I can not eat much of anything. Water and a little tea here and there is my food it seems. I did speak with my doctor about it last Friday and he seemed not to be worried. I want to eat so bad, but no matter what I eat and how slow I eat it....it comes up, little at a time. So I just decided, forget it. At first I was very tired and pale. No energy, but I guess because of my Vitamins I have my color back and I am able to walk the halls of the Pentagon. I am miserable. He told me to stick to my pureed diet, I told him, I DONT EAT!!!!!!!! Now, I have tried yogurt, applesause, I did the broth thing for awhile, and now that is so gross I cant keep that down! SO my weight at the time of surgery was 272lbs. Now I am at 236lbs. Let me ask others, is this good weight loss, should I had lost more by this time? Is there something you can tell me to try that I can put on my tummy? What am I doing wrong?

PLEASE HELP!

:(

Hey everyone... I am four weeks out today and I have so much muscle pain under and around the area where the doctor pulled my stomach out... I am thinking maybe it is a hernia but i dunno bc i never had one.... Anyone else experience this? What is the solution? It hurts to move to get down with my kids and play to lay in bed... Any advice? Going to bring it up to my post op appointment tomorrow but i feel alone on this and guess I need reassurance that i am not.

Hey Melanie, I'm 3 weeks out today and i have the same problem. This one incision where, I'm guessing is where they took the stomach out, is still sore. Especially when I bend over. And it feels like there is a bump under it. I was thinking it was scar tissue because they all kind of feel that way. But this one is the worst one. And I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks so I'm getting a little discouraged also. I'm gonna be the 1.9% that this doesn't work for.

I have a pain in the upper right part that is still an annoyance, too. You are not alone. My doc said it was where the hernia was repaired. I did not even know I had a hernia repaired! So of course, ask your doctor but you are still only 4 weeks out from major surgery, be careful to not over do it lifting your kids or the vacuum or whatever. My doc told me for total healing and the swelling will be down completely at about 8 weeks.

im four weeks out and ive gained two pounds how is this possible....feeling down

I'm wondering if maybe you might be close to your monthly, it could just be Water weight. Or, like in my case, it was the dreaded..."I Can't go to the bathroom" thing! Well after doubling up on Probiotics and Fiber and water it finally happened and I was quite happy with the result on the scale...having said that I haven't had to go through PMS yet, was at that point on the day of my surgery, it's about due...so we shall see. Don't get discouraged and don't weigh every day...it will drive you insane! :)

mwilliams now that I think about it I havent gone to the bathroom in a while and my monthly should b coming up lol I just freaked out bc of the scale...I wish I didnt have to weigh so often but im on dialysis the weigh me every other day.. Thanks for the advice im not so worried anymore :)

crystalmendza - you're welcome...I never thought I would need to talk to others going through the same thing...but this place is really great! Keep your chin up! Will you always have to continue with dialysis even with your weight loss? I know this will really help.

mwilliams I know what u mean im glad I have people to relat to this is one of the hardest things I have ever done but I dont have any other option all that I do is for my three kids im young 30 they need me so this is just one step closer to get on the kidney transplant list.. just need to lose 20more lbs to b able to get on the list. So im trying to stay positve ive gone through so much these past two yrs and im almost there sometimes I just wanna give up but I gotta keep movin.

mwilliams I know what u mean im glad I have people to relat to this is one of the hardest things I have ever done but I dont have any other option all that I do is for my three kids im young 30 they need me so this is just one step closer to get on the kidney transplant list.. just need to lose 20more lbs to b able to get on the list. So im trying to stay positve ive gone through so much these past two yrs and im almost there sometimes I just wanna give up but I gotta keep movin.

For those of you still with incision pain. I have found putting a ice pack ( not wet) on the area helps with swelling and the tenderness. I have done this everyday since week two and my soreness is almost gone except for sneezing. I still have to hold my tummy for that.