Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow Crystal! I tried eating wet scrambled eggs and it caused me pain. I can't imagine eating all of that. Good for you if you can do it. How can you eat chicken??? I was sleeved the day after you. No way could I eat chicken. Wet mashed potatoes were causing me grief!!!! Did your dr use staples?

Chicken has to be moist and hasn't caused me any problems. I cut it up real small and put a little butter and cheese on it. My doctor has me on only meat, cheese and eggs until week 6. I had one staple in each incision that were taken out before I left the hospital.

Hi crystal ' date='

Sounds like you are like me and are able to eat without too much issue. I think you said you were also sleeved 7/22? How much have you lost since surgery ? I'm down 17 lbs but haven't lost a single pound in 5 days .. Weird ?[/quote']

Hi, yes I was also sleeved on the 22nd. Are you down 17 since surgery? I am down 9 lbs since surgery and 22 since starting pre op. I haven't lost any in 3 days . It is weird cause its not like your eating more . I haven't really started walking yet but will start this week with 15 mins and build up.

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on July 16th. So far I am down about 40 lbs. I am now able to eat just about anything as long as I chew it well. I too can eat chicken really about any meat. Tomato Soup is definitely a good way to shake it up, my NUT said any cream Soup made with milk not Water is fine. Question for you all...is anyone still having pain around the incision where your stomach was removed?

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on July 16th. So far I am down about 40 lbs. I am now able to eat just about anything as long as I chew it well. I too can eat chicken really about any meat. Tomato Soup is definitely a good way to shake it up' date=' my NUT said any cream Soup made with milk not Water is fine. Question for you all...is anyone still having pain around the incision where your stomach was removed?[/quote']

I was doing so well then this past Thursday the pain in the one incision where they removed the stomach feels like I just had the surgery again. It is pulling like crazy. I'm going to try a compression garment today. Thinking the excess skin is pulling.

Thanks, I was doing good too and then it started hurting again. My wife thinks it may be the muscles and stuff being jarred around during surgery.

Thanks' date=' I was doing good too and then it started hurting again. My wife thinks it may be the muscles and stuff being jarred around during surgery.[/quote']

I agree. I've been taking it easy.

Thanks Jens08 for posting that - I weighed this morning and had only lost 1lb so glad to hear that this is normal in the 1st month - my surger was Wed 7.17! - can't wait till thurs when I get to start chewing food on the soft diet - chicken salad never sounded so good!!

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on July 16th. So far I am down about 40 lbs. I am now able to eat just about anything as long as I chew it well. I too can eat chicken really about any meat. Tomato Soup is definitely a good way to shake it up' date=' my NUT said any cream Soup made with milk not Water is fine. Question for you all...is anyone still having pain around the incision where your stomach was removed?[/quote']

OMG! I was sleeved on the 30th and one of my incisions is really sore. My Dr said it is because that incision is anchored to the one across for it....awkward...no clue that was some thing that happens LOL!

Hi July sleevers! I think I'm just now waking up from the anesthesia! I feel much more normal today :). My sleeve is teaching me the ropes...she's the boss right now for sure! It hurts if my sips are too big and I get nauseated if I put too much in. I learned a "sip" = appx 1mL for me. Barely wets my tongue! Water both flavored and unflavored makes me nauseous immediately so I'm sipping skim lactose free milk for water. I'll keep trying the water ...I really wasn't much of a water drinker before surgery though. I've had a few episodes of over salivating like before you throw up (is that frothing?) but haven't thrown up yet. I realllllly hate throwing up. As of right now I've lost more on the pre op diet than I have on post op! I started at 223, surgery weight was 190 and today I'm 180. I should mention my surgery was delayed so I was on pre-op almost a month!

What's everyone doing for Vitamins? My NUT wants me to take specific bariatric vitamins like Celebrate bariatric, bit they're so expensive! I have to take a Calcium and multi...

What's everyone doing for Vitamins? My NUT wants me to take specific bariatric Vitamins like Celebrate bariatric' date=' bit they're so expensive! I have to take a Calcium and multi...[/quote']

My surgeon and nutritionist are having me take Target store brand children's chewables twice a day to save money.

My surgeon and nutritionist are having me take Target store brand children's chewables twice a day to save money.

Same here I get the ones with Iron.

I'm 4 days postop and on clear liquids....I've done great and feel great!!! I've had no nausea and I'm walking 2 miles per day! I do however feel like I'm having to learn my body all over again! I never know what these crazy noises or feelings I have in my stomach at times mean! But hopefully ill learn it quick! My goal is a 70lb wt loss and I'm down 7....looking forward to the other 63 to fall off;)

hi Jason, that is normal because is the larger incision, doctor says its the last one to heal, you will also experience pulling and that is stomach healing youll feel better soon! tons of luck

Sent from my iPad using VST