Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am 12 days post op ... Sleeved July 22. Can anyone else give me a run down of a typical day what are you eating/ drinking?? I feel like maybe I am eating too often ? Or too much? My dr told me to ease into solid foods so tonight I had probably 1/4 of a can of progreso minestrone Soup for dinner but also had a little bit of puréed potatoes with finely chopped turkey deli meat for lunch and 1/2 can of Tomato bisque for Breakfast - somewhere in there I also had a Protein Drink ... Just wondering where others are at?

I was sleeved on the 17th. First week was rough but am doing well now. I am eating pureed and really soft' date=' mushy foods.[sub'] I went out and bought a baby food grinder and have ground up chicken, steak, egg, fish and green Beans. I have also had runny mashed potatoes. As long as I eat REALLY slow, I am doing fine. I have had two bouts of pretty bad acid reflux in the middle of the night. Both times I had eaten too late in the evening though so I am hoping that is the problem. I did not have reflux prior to surgery but did have a hernia that was repaired at the time of surgery. Is anyone else having this issue?[/sub]

I also had a hernia repaired although I didn't even know I had one ( I am not having any acid reflux). Crazy thing is since this hernia repair I can breathe easier and clearer and my husband says I no longer snore at all ?! Totally quiet sleeper now.

Ibhave been having frothing. Its slimy and thick.

It makes me gag.

My surgery was july 30

Dr told me to just to ive chips rest of night

Ibhave been having frothing. Its slimy and thick.

It makes me gag.

My surgery was july 30

Dr told me to just to ive chips rest of night

I am going through the same thing. My surgery was on July 29th. My sleeve was inflamed from the surgery causing everything to get stuck at the top and slowly dribble down. It was very painful and frustrating. I could only do ice chips the 2nd day too. I stayed an extra day in the hospital since I couldn't drink at all. The next day was slightly better and I went home. Every day seems a little better, but I am still having some frothing a couple of times a day. I was able to drink 28 oz of fluids today!!! Hang in there.....it will get better! I don't know about you, but when the froth comes up, it's such a relief and I feel soooo much better.

Sent from my iPad using VST

So I am 12 days post op ... Sleeved July 22. Can anyone else give me a run down of a typical day what are you eating/ drinking?? I feel like maybe I am eating too often ? Or too much? My dr told me to ease into solid foods so tonight I had probably 1/4 of a can of progreso minestrone Soup for dinner but also had a little bit of puréed potatoes with finely chopped turkey deli meat for lunch and 1/2 can of Tomato bisque for Breakfast - somewhere in there I also had a Protein drink ... Just wondering where others are at?

Hi my name is Crystal. I was also sleeved on July 22nd. Today I had breakfast- scrambled eggs with cheese ,lunch- 3 grilled shrimp and about 9 bites of a piece of chicken, dinner-about 2 or 3 oz of chicken with cheese and then for a later snack I had a string cheese. Cheese helps everything go down so much better for me. I was out in puréed straight out if the hospital and told to do soft foods now . I am only allowed Protein right now meat, cheese and eggs. No veggies no fruits and no carbs for quite some time!

Hi my name is Crystal. I was also sleeved on July 22nd. Today I had breakfast- scrambled eggs with cheese ' date='lunch- 3 grilled shrimp and about 9 bites of a piece of chicken, dinner-about 2 or 3 oz of chicken with cheese and then for a later snack I had a string cheese. Cheese helps everything go down so much better for me. I was out in puréed straight out if the hospital and told to do soft foods now . I am only allowed Protein right now meat, cheese and eggs. No veggies no fruits and no carbs for quite some time![/quote']

Hi crystal. My name is Helen. I am so glad I've found someone at this stage too! I was sleeved 26th of July and start soft food next week. Everyone I've spoken to is now on purée and I was getting concerned! I can't wait to have some scrambled eggs! Thanks for posting what u r eating. This will help me lots!

I am jealous of all of you. My doctor apparently believes in a much slower approach for adding foods. He has his patients doing two weeks of full liquids, two weeks of pureed and then two weeks of soft. I was sleeved July 26th so I am still on liquids. I am looking forward to getting to the pureed stage for I am sick of nothing but strained cream of Soups and Protein Shakes. I, too, struggle with getting my Water in. I sip all day but I haven't even made it to 30 ounces yet. My doc didn't give me a Protein or calorie goal. I'm trying to get as much protein in as possible but with my limited options, I know I'm not hitting but maybe an average of 30 grams right now. I'm only having my "meals" 3 or 4 times a day. If I do more than that I'll surely never get all my water in. How often is everyone else eating? I get 3 to 4 ounces at a time. Am I eating enough? I haven't lost anything in about 4 days now.

I am jealous of all of you. My doctor apparently believes in a much slower approach for adding foods. He has his patients doing two weeks of full liquids' date=' two weeks of pureed and then two weeks of soft. I was sleeved July 26th so I am still on liquids. I am looking forward to getting to the pureed stage for I am sick of nothing but strained cream of Soups and Protein shakes. I, too, struggle with getting my Water in. I sip all day but I haven't even made it to 30 ounces yet. My doc didn't give me a Protein or calorie goal. I'm trying to get as much protein in as possible but with my limited options, I know I'm not hitting but maybe an average of 30 grams right now. I'm only having my "meals" 3 or 4 times a day. If I do more than that I'll surely never get all my Water in. How often is everyone else eating? I get 3 to 4 ounces at a time. Am I eating enough? I haven't lost anything in about 4 days now.[/quote']

I am eating or rather drinking 3 meals a day. My dr wants min of 60 grams of protein a day, which I am not meeting either. I brought some Protein powder today to try and boost it up. I'm in Australia so not sure about ounces lol, but can manage about 1/4 cup of food.

I am jealous of all of you. My doctor apparently believes in a much slower approach for adding foods. He has his patients doing two weeks of full liquids' date=' two weeks of pureed and then two weeks of soft. I was sleeved July 26th so I am still on liquids. I am looking forward to getting to the pureed stage for I am sick of nothing but strained cream of Soups and Protein shakes. I, too, struggle with getting my Water in. I sip all day but I haven't even made it to 30 ounces yet. My doc didn't give me a Protein or calorie goal. I'm trying to get as much protein in as possible but with my limited options, I know I'm not hitting but maybe an average of 30 grams right now. I'm only having my "meals" 3 or 4 times a day. If I do more than that I'll surely never get all my Water in. How often is everyone else eating? I get 3 to 4 ounces at a time. Am I eating enough? I haven't lost anything in about 4 days now.[/quote']

My dr is like yours. 2 weeks per stage. I was done on the 23rd and now am doing egg drop Soup with soft pastina and Protein Shakes and water. There is no way I could go two weeks on basically no calories or I couldn't go to work!! I can only get down a few tablespoons of soup and about 1/3 cup of a Protein shake before I have to quit. I'm down about 17 lbs but so tired and weak from lack of calories and protein. The soup is helping. If you like it (honestly I would never have eaten it pre surgery) but it goes down very well and has protein/eggs in it! I was finally able to do a 2 mile walk with my dog last night and I got a fitbit to track my eating drinking and exercise so it is quite motivating! This is a healing period so we have to let it heal or we will suffer long term consequences!!!!

Hi my name is Crystal. I was also sleeved on July 22nd. Today I had breakfast- scrambled eggs with cheese ' date='lunch- 3 grilled shrimp and about 9 bites of a piece of chicken, dinner-about 2 or 3 oz of chicken with cheese and then for a later snack I had a string cheese. Cheese helps everything go down so much better for me. I was out in puréed straight out if the hospital and told to do soft foods now . I am only allowed Protein right now meat, cheese and eggs. No veggies no fruits and no carbs for quite some time![/quote']

Wow Crystal! I tried eating wet scrambled eggs and it caused me pain. I can't imagine eating all of that. Good for you if you can do it. How can you eat chicken??? I was sleeved the day after you. No way could I eat chicken. Wet mashed potatoes were causing me grief!!!! Did your dr use staples?

Yeah--they said it's only because I have to get in 800-1000 calories' date=' and otherwise I wouldn't be able to bc I'm still on liquid diet until Wednesday...but I just feel like it's hurting more than helping! I have 2 scopes of Syntax nectar Cappuccino flavor with 8oz 2%milk which gives me 54g Protein, and then try to have V8 mixed with 21 g of unflavored Protein (gives 23g)....so I'm getting in enough protein (goal is 80-100g/day), but technically not enough calories without the boost.

What's everyone else's calorie count and how are you getting it in???

Down 11 lbs since surgery :D[/quote']

I was sleeved 6 days ago. I haven't been able

to get in more than 400-500 calories each day. It's getting better each day. I have Syntrax nectar in chocolate. How much milk do you mix with the 2 scoops?? Isn't it thick?

I have lost about 10 pounds since surgery when I weighed yesterday! Woo hoo! Go us! ;)

Hi crystal ,

Sounds like you are like me and are able to eat without too much issue. I think you said you were also sleeved 7/22? How much have you lost since surgery ? I'm down 17 lbs but haven't lost a single pound in 5 days .. Weird ?

To all of you with Protein issues. I have found adding 1/4 c of dried skim milk to my regular 1 cup of skim milk boosts the protein by 9. It adds up really quick that way. 8 oz Protein Powder is 21 and 8 oz milk is 9 so that is 30 then add the extra skim milk powder is 9 more so I shake is worth 39 over 1/2 of what my doc wanted me to get in a day. Add it to cream of potato makes it 20 for the Soup if you eat all of it thru the day.

Had my sleeve some on the 29th. I was in pain for the first 2 days but not a whole lot maybe level 5... been walking around good and even went to Wal-Mart to try to find some Protein shakes.I don't take the pain medicine because I have not really needed it. I am still working on the 64 once thing and the exciting part of all of this is I'm down 20 pounds already!!!!!I love the popsicles, Bouillon has been good to my taste buds and I want to know if Tomato Soup is ok? Also can I get protein suggestions? Tried muscle milk lite...tummy was not that happy. ..