Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 22' date=' only 3 days out....NO WAY near 64 oz, although my post op instructions are to "increase my fluids to a goal of 64 oz" I am at maybe 20 oz, I am "full" all the time and then I have to take Carafate, Actigall and Prevacid ....UGH!!! I did manage to suck on a Calcium citrate today.[/quote']

How long did your pain last???

I'm day 3 when does the pain subside?

I started having seriously less pain on the eighth day. I promise it gets better everyday. Hang in there!

jus have a question im 8 days out and I have a bubble of air up under my left side feels like its under my rib cage is this normal has any one else experinced this?

jus have a question im 8 days out and I have a bubble of air up under my left side feels like its under my rib cage is this normal has any one else experinced this?

Hey there I have something similar. More like a muscle spasm under my left breast. It is th only swollen spot left , kinda does look like an air bubble. For me I think it is where the stomach was taken out of so it's more sensitive!

I'll have surgery July30th' date=' can anyone give me an idea of the pain I should expect? Preferably from someone who's a wuss about pain like I am.[/quote']

Rox, I was sleeved on 7/1 and I can honestly say there wasn't much pain from the surgery but I did have pain with eating which was unexpected. I M up to soft food now and not having any pain!!!!

I was sleeved on 7/10 and am on soft foods now. The hardest part for me is to take small bites and go slowly. I'm still working on not drinking when I eat. I sometimes sneak in a sip. :-)

My main concern has been going to the bathroom. Thank goodness for milk of magnesia! I also don't have much urge to urinate which seems weird because I'm drinking constantly. I don't know if the Constipation is causing Water retention..?

I didn't have much pain after the surgery - maybe a 2 or 3. Most of my pain was in moving from standing to sitting/laying down or getting into or out of bed. I swear I thought my stitches on the left side were going to burst open. I'm trying to keep everything looking easy because I really want my hubby to be sleeved and he is watching my experience before he decides.

Nikki B - just keep doing what we're supposed to do. I actually gained from pre-surgery thru liquids - was retaining Fluid. Once started on pureed, I dropped 10 lbs in 6 days. Don't be discouraged. Just keep getting your Protein & fluids. Losses will follow.

I had mine done july 12 and so far I lost 30 lbs.. I am on my first day for soft foods.. So far so good.. Going back to work Monday!!:-)

Nikki B - just keep doing what we're supposed to do. I actually gained from pre-surgery thru liquids - was retaining Fluid. Once started on pureed' date=' I dropped 10 lbs in 6 days. Don't be discouraged. Just keep getting your Protein & fluids. Losses will follow.[/quote']

Thanks... I will. I know once I go back to work it will be easier to stay on schedule and move around more cause at home I am sleeping alot

July 22' date=' only 3 days out....NO WAY near 64 oz, although my post op instructions are to "increase my fluids to a goal of 64 oz" I am at maybe 20 oz, I am "full" all the time and then I have to take Carafate, Actigall and Prevacid ....UGH!!! I did manage to suck on a Calcium citrate today.[/quote']

Hi! I'm 3 days out also. You sound a lot Like me. I have to take actigall and Prevacid too plus all my other regular meds. I also have to give myself injections to prevent blood clots. I'm still really sore too. I hope it goes away soon. I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck :(

Rox, I was sleeved on 7/1 and I can honestly say there wasn't much pain from the surgery but I did have pain with eating which was unexpected. I M up to soft food now and not having any pain!!!!

Im on day four the pain is not so bad but last night jest really sore i think the worst thing was getting all that gas they pump u up with..

Got sleeved on the 24th and other than minor gas pain, all things are going along well. I weighed myself today 3 days post op and I have lost five pounds already. I am so glad I did this. I know this is the best decision for me and I wish all of you sleevers the same, I will keep you all posted. Thanks for all your help.

Mark Thomas, Edmond Ok

Hi! I'm 3 days out also. You sound a lot Like me. I have to take actigall and Prevacid too plus all my other regular meds. I also have to give myself injections to prevent blood clots. I'm still really sore too. I hope it goes away soon. I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck :(

b

So day 5 now, drinking is easier. Ate farina, cream of chicken Soup and 3/4 of a 14 oz Protein drink and 2 sugar free ice pops yesterday Still can only get one dose of Actigall in, supposed to have 2...so full and bloated all day and I need to mix it in applesauce or pudding. Soreness at largest incision definitely improved, hurts less getting up and sitting down and I was able to sleep in my bed and not in the recliner chair. Feel like maybe hit by just a car today and not a Mack truck.

I am on day three of post op. I find it easier to get down warm broth than I do to get down ice Water. I had 4 oz of broth and 2oz of water for Breakfast and I am stuffed. Gl everyone!