Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Months Post Op - The Cons - Drowning in clothes

So i am 7mths out and 105lbs down and i am really loving the way that i look BUT I feel hidden underneath all of these big clothes!! I went from a size 24 to a size 16w. My tops are a large. I am trying my best not to purchase clothes because in no time at all, they are too big for me too!! No kidding! I am trying to wait as long as i can before i buy clothes but i feel like i am drowning in clothes. I have a bunch of smaller sized pants (14-16) tucked away that i cant quite get into yet but no tops. So pretty much ive been buying clearance tops here and there because i know i wont fit in them long. Its such a blessing but geez louise! Its sooooooooooooooo worth it i swear but wearing clothes that are too big really has a way of making me feel unattractive. :( i know its all in my head :wacko:

Maybe just buy 2 articles of clothes to make you feel good? I know it's not much but it can help for when you go out or something :)

Congrats!!!!!! This is def a good problem!!! Before it was we couldn't fit in anything! This def feels better :)

I have been shopping at second hand stores and that has worked well for me. I have also been shopping at Marshalls. I wear them for a couple of sizes before I donate them back to where I purchased them from, besides Marshalls of course.

Consignment stores, thrift shops, Goodwill, or clearance rack - these are all good choices - just get enough to get you through the work-week and donate your big clothes. One of the fun things about this surgery is that you quickly change - Celebrate your change !!

Maybe a community church? my dad runs a "clothes closet" at his church. anyone is welcome and its all free.

Are you exercising a ton? I am just under 6 mos out and down about 68 lbs I am looking for ways to kick it up a notch, do you have any tips?

aBOUT 5 days a week, i have an exercise routine. 40 leg lifts (lay on the ground and lift your legs and butt off the floor), 35 push ups, 5 minute plank, 1 minute wallsits, 15 minutes of Dancing to Britney Spears (my fav)!!!! Thats my nightly work out. My arms look awesome btw

I read such wonderful success stories & so happy 4 you all...I am 2 months post open & have just the opposite...I had the lapband 4 7 yrs...after much pain Hades get it out due to slippage & constant vomitting & pain...got band removed & due 2 massive adhesions was unable 2 get sleeve as planned 4 right after removal...4 months later, 2 months ago I got the sleeve...as of 2 day haven't lost an ounce...Doc said had difficult time due 2 adhesions still...feeling pretty much a failure and depressed...I feel embarrassed becuz I haven't heard of anyone who is still very hungry...I get counseling 4 food issues and still hungry & eating...don't know if adhesions affect results of surgery or what??? Just so low...any insight or advice will be very much appreciated.

Omg everytime i read your post you are working it!! Wow just amazing ..keep up the good work

Thank you!!!! I gotta keep it moving!

I read such wonderful success stories & so happy 4 you all...I am 2 months post open & have just the opposite...I had the lapband 4 7 yrs...after much pain Hades get it out due to slippage & constant vomitting & pain...got band removed & due 2 massive adhesions was unable 2 get sleeve as planned 4 right after removal...4 months later' date=' 2 months ago I got the sleeve...as of 2 day haven't lost an ounce...Doc said had difficult time due 2 adhesions still...feeling pretty much a failure and depressed...I feel embarrassed becuz I haven't heard of anyone who is still very hungry...I get counseling 4 food issues and still hungry & eating...don't know if adhesions affect results of surgery or what??? Just so low...any insight or advice will be very much appreciated.[/quote']

I'm so sorry about the difficulty you have had. I can understand why your feeling low. I'm not sure how adhesions affect the results but have you tried asking your doctor? And please to feel embarrassed! I have seen plenty of people here that feel hungry! I feel hungry too! Not physically hungry but emotionally hungry or what I have seen people call "head hunger"

Is counseling helping any? I also have such an emotional attachment to food. Try not to be so hard in yourself and focus on changing your eating habits and try not to think about the weight part. My main focus right now is thinking about healthy foods. Hang in there.

Girl, get out there and get yo some clothes!! I just got 3 shirts and two pairs of pants for $25 at Goodwill. Show iff your success!

I am at 11 months post op and I was buying at thrift stores, Ross and Marshall's I would buy very snug and within a week or two the clothes wld fit loose.

It's true you should buy smaller clothes and show off your new body.

I didn't start buying right away.....bc the season changed I wore a lot of the stuff from last yr but they definitely fit much looser.....i thought i was at a size 10 and bought an 8 just to encourage myself, when I got home it fit so nicely....was totally shocked????....since then I stop buying....I definitely would do the consignment shops but when I start again, I'm buying my goal size which is a 4/6....I have an event to go in December and I'm renting my dress. I ordered it in a 6 so that's inspiration for me. You should buy one or two things one size smaller than you are right now bc it's inspirational nd you know it will eventually fit. Be careful if you are in a seasonal area like me.