Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honeymoon phase is long over and i am at a divorce

I stopped losing at 6 months out. its now over10 months and the same 2-5lbs bounce back and forth. I have done everything I was suppose to do. I follow the basics' date=' i only drink Water,no soda no juice just Water, sometimes with fruit in it. i dont drink before or after i eat. i excersise on the regular, actually i was doing it to much and ended up in the ER i am better now but wow what a ride.

i am back to where i was before surgery, meaning i dont know what to do anymore. nothing is working low cal low carb low fat. high cals high low Protein i am so tired of this. I have decided to except the 55lbs i have lost since 9/12/12. I am thinking maybe a cleanse might work. I am upset but it is what it is. total since pre op is ablut 80lbs lost. i have 60 more to go and i am at the point of just giving up.[/quote']

Hi sorry to hear about your dramas... Look into the paleo diet . Weight is just dropping off and I am insulin resistant due to Poly cystic ovaries . Best thing I ever did , feel energetic and happy.

thanks linky, love the name

To my fellow sept sleeved you aren't alone. I am too just going up and down the same few pounds, started back on a semi pre up post op diet... 2 shakes one small meal 2 Snacks under 900cal and have lost a few pounds since Monday. Keep me updated!

I stopped losing at 6 months out. its now over10 months and the same 2-5lbs bounce back and forth. I have done everything I was suppose to do. I follow the basics' date=' i only drink Water,no soda no juice just Water, sometimes with fruit in it. i dont drink before or after i eat. i excersise on the regular, actually i was doing it to much and ended up in the ER i am better now but wow what a ride.

i am back to where i was before surgery, meaning i dont know what to do anymore. nothing is working low cal low carb low fat. high cals high low Protein i am so tired of this. I have decided to except the 55lbs i have lost since 9/12/12. I am thinking maybe a cleanse might work. I am upset but it is what it is. total since pre op is ablut 80lbs lost. i have 60 more to go and i am at the point of just giving up.[/quote']

I am at a stall as well... I am eating way too many carbs and keep gaining and losing the same 8 pounds. I have come too far to give up or go back. After losing 150 pounds you would think I would be happy and I am but I feel like I can do more. Statistically I have lost what they say is the right amount for the sleeve but I want/need to lose at least 60 more.

I believe if we keep focusing and not give up. The scale will move. I will reduce my carb intake and get back to basics. If that doesn't work I will try the 5:2 diet mentioned. Either way I will not give up and neither should you. You can do it... My goal is to get out of the 3's once and for all. I can't remember not weighing 300+ pounds in my adult life but this year it's coming off.

Thanks for posting its obvious we are not alone and there are some over comers and if they can do it we can too. Be encouraged.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I apologize! I truly never would intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. I was trying to emphasize that our thoughts affect our weight as much as what we eat. I am 54 and I am a lifetime dieter and now a sleever. Only wanted to be helpful in a 'snap out if it!" Cher in Moonstruck aortic-way!

holly if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything. and dont feel sorry for me' date=' im good. that was rather rude of you. anyway i knew someone negative would come on here there is always one.

thank you guys for the POSITIVE pep talk. I purchased the nutribullet today and excited to start it for the next 6 weeks I will keep you guys posted. :)[/quote']

If you read thru my posts I'm encouraging, positive and, unfortunately to some, honest! Believe it or not I receive messages all the time from people who tell me how much my posts and personal experience has helped them. Just trying to illuminate that part of the entire journey is "head-work" not "food-related-work" ... That's all!

Hi sorry to hear about your dramas... Look into the paleo diet . Weight is just dropping off and I am insulin resistant due to Poly cystic ovaries . Best thing I ever did ' date=' feel energetic and happy.

[/quote']

I have PCOS too! Hopefully my sleeve or result thereof will get rid of it!!

I have PCOS too! Hopefully my sleeve or result thereof will get rid of it!!

We can never get rid of it but we can control it and the syndrome. Very very important to stay away from grains ( white carbs ) our bodies store them as fat because of the insulin resistance . Our progress is slower than everyone else but the weight does come off . :)

We can never get rid of it but we can control it and the syndrome. Very very important to stay away from grains ( white carbs ) our bodies store them as fat because of the insulin resistance . Our progress is slower than everyone else but the weight does come off . :)

I was diagnosed 12 years ago and the white things have always been an issue. The best I ever felt, before being sleeved, was when I did a flour/starch free diet. No white Floyd, wheat flour, rice flour, nothing. It is much harder than I thought it would be but was worth it. I don't think I will ever truely go back to them ever....

I'm doing the Paleo diet, I feel amazing , dropping weight quickly. They say how bad the grains are and how they cause reproduction problems . Have a read up on it , I was gob smacked .

Honestly, statistics show that WLS is generally successful in helping people lose about 1/2 their excess weight. Since you are stuck at about that point, I second talking with a nutritionist. They may be able to suggest a different calorie regime for you or help you phase out some foods that might be hindering losses. Sometimes it just takes a second set of eyes to figure out what's going on :)

You need to stop obsessing over the weight and losing it- a positive attitude is more than a state if mind, it's part if self-fulfilling profacy! If you truly believe that having 75% of your stomach removed will not help you become a healthier being, then you are probably going to prove yourself right. Change your thoughts -- change your words -- change your life, I feel sorry for you.

I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. is not positvie you got it twisted boo boo

Thank god im not alone. I needed to lose 60 pds and have lost 45 but been losing and gaining the same 3 pds for 4 months mow. Was sleeved sept 2012. Ill get there someday but i have been under so much stress at work my daughter in Afghanistan job cut out ot so im bringing home 600 less a month and 2 kidney stones that im waiting to pass. Just need to get back on track. But this sucks

mufasas mom i pray you get better. man i thought i was the only one, im really trying to stay strong. I see my nut at the end of the month i will get fussed at for sure for not losing enough. sighhhhhhhhhhh.