Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honeymoon phase is long over and i am at a divorce

I stopped losing at 6 months out. its now over10 months and the same 2-5lbs bounce back and forth. I have done everything I was suppose to do. I follow the basics, i only drink Water, no soda no juice just water, sometimes with fruit in it. i dont drink before or after i eat. i excersise on the regular, actually i was doing it to much and ended up in the ER i am better now but wow what a ride.

i am back to where i was before surgery, meaning i dont know what to do anymore. nothing is working low cal low carb low fat. high cals high low Protein i am so tired of this. I have decided to except the 55lbs i have lost since 9/12/12. I am thinking maybe a cleanse might work. I am upset but it is what it is. total since pre op is ablut 80lbs lost. i have 60 more to go and i am at the point of just giving up.

I have no advice, as you're pretty much living my worst fear, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to be doing everything you're supposed to and see no movement on the scale. But I just want to say congratulations on all you have already achieved, and that I hope you never give up on yourself! :D

I've noticed a lot of vets are having good results with the 5:2 program...I wonder if that might be a good next step for you?

whats the 5:2 program?

Yep, 5:2. I am living this nightmare as well - I haven't lost in 13 months and have in fact gained 30, making me 60 lbs away from goal instead of only 15 when I was at my lowest. I am now turning to Strength for Life and 5:2, not as gimmicks but for total lifestyle change, we have a 5:2 thread here on VST.

Have you gone to the doctor? I have had my history of thyroid problems and that can make it very difficult to lose weight. Just a suggestion... I hope you find something soon that helps!!

Have you gone to the doctor? I have had my history of thyroid problems and that can make it very difficult to lose weight. Just a suggestion... I hope you find something soon that helps!!

Or talk to the surgeon... Or your nut.

I'm at the same place as you. I was sleeved early Oct and have only lost 55 pounds. I've been stalled for about 2 months now. I am trying to see the positive as I've never lost this much weight in my life. I think this is a normal plateau as my body gets ready to start the weight loss journey again. I've also come to realize that more than likely I will be one of those people who reach goal around the 2 yr mark and not the 6 month mark like I had hoped pre-op. I can't do low carb because of my hypoglycemia and will faint without a moderate carb diet. I will probably set up an appt with my NUT to get some more inspiration and words of encouragement because it is hard to be motivated when you're doing everything right and not reaping the rewards :/ Hang in there NGM, we can do this :) *HUGS*

Also an Ocober 2012 sleever, my loss plateaued and is finally picking up again but I'm only losing 3 pounds a month. Look at content of food. Empty calories are the killer! If I don't eat enough (no appetite plus it's too hot out) I actually gain weight! I went back on 2 Protein meals a day (a bar and a shake) light dinner and started the loss again. you must have enough protein, Water and Calcium supplements each day. Change your thoughts to positive affirmations, "I may have stalled but its temporary as my body adjusts but success in permanent weight loss is mine. I claim it. I'm living it and doing it!" You had the surgery- you can't give up, girlfriend! You CAN and WILL do it!!!

thank you guys for all of the positvie support.

i want to cry right now. you guys have great suggestions but i have no hope. i feel i am one of those that lost all i am going to lose, it sucks because i had this operation hoping for the best and now nothing.i am so done right now.

You never fail till you stop trying !!! See your Doctor, See your Nutritionist, change your exercise routine. Do strength training to build muscle. The more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn. Remember... Protein & PRODUCE !!! Slow and steady wins the race. Please don't be discouraged. You've got a huge support system here and you are not alone. Together WE CAN DO THIS !!!!

This scares me. But I love all the positive ideas and words of encouragement. I say if what your doing is not working, turn it upside down. Get plenty of sleep, lower your stress through quiet walks or whatever calms you, get back to basics, try the 2 week liquid diet, then do the puree stage etc to kickstart the beginning when it was working. See this as a challenge NOT a roadblock, I am guessing your a fighter since you have come this far. And I bet nothing is going to keep you from reaching your goals. :)

You need to stop obsessing over the weight and losing it- a positive attitude is more than a state if mind, it's part if self-fulfilling profacy! If you truly believe that having 75% of your stomach removed will not help you become a healthier being, then you are probably going to prove yourself right. Change your thoughts -- change your words -- change your life, I feel sorry for you.

holly if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything. and dont feel sorry for me, im good. that was rather rude of you. anyway i knew someone negative would come on here there is always one.

thank you guys for the POSITIVE pep talk. I purchased the nutribullet today and excited to start it for the next 6 weeks I will keep you guys posted. :)