Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

i had surgery on 9/24 and i'm waiting for appt coming up on friday to get cleared for soft foods. i had a bit of discomfort on a the cream stage and that was just Soup. so i'm a bit nervous but i can't help but think about what that first sort of real meal is going to be. even if its only going to be a few bites. i haven't chewed food for about a month. its more of a mental game then i suspected.

Hi Everyone Just joined this site yesterday. I had my surgery September 25th I'm from Boston had my surgery at NW' date=' Congrats to everyone who has had surgery. It's exciting. I feel like I'm losing slow and slightly discouraged.[/quote']

Aww don't feel discouraged Hun...we have the same Sleeve Date!! (Sept.25th) We must all stay encouraged and be mindful of the FACT that we're no longer eating the same bad foods, with the same poor habits sooooooo The weight is bound to fall right off sooner or later. All of our bodies are different just give yours time!!

Hey everyone my screen name was janie 2024 due to internet issues I had to resign up on here......I had my surgery on Sept 16th and feeling great I've lost 34 pounds so far I have been taken off all of my medicines but one..... hope everyone is doing well

I'm so jealous that some people get to go back to eating normal food at 4 weeks lol I'll be 4 weeks post op Thursday and only going to Phase 3 Soft Foods of the post op diet. My doc requires each phase for 2 weeks. I also have a wedding October 26th and wondering what the hell I'm going to be able to have...

Don't be jealous girl...I am on soft/pureed and if you aren't careful you can really make yourself feel like 'crap' (that's being polite!). I made myself go back to liquids & some pureed each day and that seems to working pretty good for me for now! Maybe advancing slower is better...or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing! I'm just glad to be losing weight!!! :blink::D

Our numbers are almost identical but I was sleeved 9/12. Are you exercising? What types of things are you eating? Im wondering if maybe im doing something wrong.

I am just at the soft food stage, I have to set a timer to remind me to eat! Never a problem before!! I have a protein/yorgurt shake in the morning (about 50g), I try and go for a walk or go to the gym and then I have cottage cheese, then tuna or turkey or soft cheese and lots of Water (which is the hardest part for me). I did notice this week that my weight is NOT going down. I am trying not to stress about it. I just really want to be in the 180s!

What are you doing?

I haven't been able to get the Protein or much food in. I was sleeved on September 4, in Mexico. Can anyone help me please please

That just happened to me. I think it's because I ate to fast. I went ahead and burped the food up even though I know we r not supposed to. I had just ate a bowl of overlooked cabbage. Itt was so good. Only got about 1/4 cup in before it came back up.

The exact same thing happened to me after eating a bowl of overlooked cabbage. It was so good that I ate my small portion to fast and guess I didn't chew it enough. I tried taking a walk thinking I could walk it down. I wound up walking and throwing up. I'm sure people were wondering what I was doing, having to stop and throw up every few feet. Haven't had any cabbage since then.

I haven't been able to get the Protein or much food in. I was sleeved on September 4' date=' in Mexico. Can anyone help me please please[/quote']

That is concerning. You may want to call the doc. Protein is critical to keep you healthy. 2oz at a time. Try fruit Protein Drinks. Same consistency as Water. Best wishes! Keep us posted.

I am just at the soft food stage' date=' I have to set a timer to remind me to eat! Never a problem before!! I have a protein/yorgurt shake in the morning (about 50g), I try and go for a walk or go to the gym and then I have cottage cheese, then tuna or turkey or soft cheese and lots of Water (which is the hardest part for me). I did notice this week that my weight is NOT going down. I am trying not to stress about it. I just really want to be in the 180s! What are you doing?[/quote']

Can you share what your Protein Shake is that has 50g's of Protein?

That is concerning. You may want to call the doc. Protein is critical to keep you healthy. 2oz at a time. Try fruit protein drinks. Same consistency as Water. Best wishes! Keep us posted.

Ok but I didn't have on my glasses when I posted. I sleeved on 9/24. But I will call. I got Unjury that came in the mail today. Thanks for your help. Ive already lost 31 pounds and I only had three days of the liquid diet pre-op. Is that normal

Ok but I didn't have on my glasses when I posted. I sleeved on 9/24. But I will call. I got Unjury that came in the mail today. Thanks for your help. Ive already lost 31 pounds and I only had three days of the liquid diet pre-op. Is that normal

Wow that is a lot! My goal is to get at least 65 grams if Protein in a day. I'm able to do that, but calories is my challenge. I hope all works out!

Can you share what your Protein Shake is that has 50g's of Protein?

I take a V-core Vantage, two scoops. With two scoops it has 300 calories, 18 carbs and 50 grams of protein. I mix it with Water 16-18 oz or some times I put in 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt. It is the orange creamsicle and I like it. Some times I use the Isopure grape with vanilla EAS protein too. I tried the strawberry ones from Unjury, yuck! So I stick with what I like. So with that and what I eat, I think I am ding pretty good. Just need to get all my water in too!

Wow that is a lot! My goal is to get at least 65 grams if Protein in a day. I'm able to do that' date=' but calories is my challenge. I hope all works out![/quote']

What is your calorie intake?

surgery was on sept 24th. i'm new to vertical talk so still looking and reading a bunch of posts. i'm doing well so far. i think i have the lactose intolerance i've read about. which is a shame sine i love milk.

Welcome! We have the same date!

I take a V-core Vantage, two scoops. With two scoops it has 300 calories, 18 carbs and 50 grams of Protein. I mix it with Water 16-18 oz or some times I put in 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt. It is the orange creamsicle and I like it. Some times I use the Isopure grape with vanilla EAS protein too. I tried the strawberry ones from Unjury, yuck! So I stick with what I like. So with that and what I eat, I think I am ding pretty good. Just need to get all my water in too!

Do they have it in other flavors? I can't stand orange unless it's from a tree or OJ.