Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

I am starting Clear Liquids tomorrow. Was on full liquids today and it was ok....bat to drink Phillips milk of mag. Tonight. I am surprisingly not nervous yet

I had my surgery early September 11--I came home Thursday and felt TERRIBLE!!! the gas bubble was so bad on my chest. I have been taking some chewable gas x that is helping tremendously. I am reading other posts and trying to figure out how people are drinking ten ounces of Protein? I cannot seem to get more than two teaspoons of anything down. My husband keeps telling me to continually sip but I just can't. I have not gotten sick cause I keep stopping when my body tells me to like the doctor said. I know I don't want to dehydrate and I am trying to keep enough Water in me but don't think I am getting enough of that either. I just finished the bottle I started on Thursday afternoon when I got home. Did anyone else have this issue? Plus EVERYTHING STINKS!!! Is that normal?

Everything stinks to me too!!

What complications did they have years later? Hate to hear that. :unsure:

A lot of issue have been the same, problems with bones and Calcium intake, my cousin ho had it done a few years ago had to have a second surgery because her sleeve was so tight she couldn't drink Water without pain. And 2 others I know have died from complications down the line from not being able to absorb nutrition as needed

Everything stinks to me too!!

It seems like I can smell everything and its driving nuts!!! Even the few things I've tasted have changed in taste!

Can't wait, Tuesday is the day. I don't know if anyone has done this but I have cleaned my house completely, like it was Spring cleaning time. Went through clothes that have started getting big on my pre-surgery diet and put them in a pile for good will.

After reading most posts, I feel blessed I never had that overwhelming hunger. I had one turkey meatball in 2.5 weeks. But I am not worried about doing this long term. Excited to join the other Sept. Sleevers on the losers bench.

Montereygrl, I woke up and did the same thing this morning and got all of my shopping done yesterday for two weeks. My surgery is in less than 12 hours and I'm super excited. Best of luck to you.

I had post surgery weight gain too...think that it was the gas that they blow you up with. I came home thirteen pounds more than I left here at. But it went away quickly. 4 days post opp and I am down 17 pounds from the day after surgery. Glad that was posted I thought it was just me.

Weight gain is due to all of the fluids they pump into you at hospital.

Can't wait, Tuesday is the day. I don't know if anyone has done this but I have cleaned my house completely, like it was Spring cleaning time. Went through clothes that have started getting big on my pre-surgery diet and put them in a pile for good will.

After reading most posts, I feel blessed I never had that overwhelming hunger. I had one turkey meatball in 2.5 weeks. But I am not worried about doing this long term. Excited to join the other Sept. Sleevers on the losers bench.

I too cleaned my whole house top to bottom. I pulled out all my boxes of clothes and got rid of things and found winter clothes with tags still on but too small! But I am excited to fit into them this winter! My surgery is four days away. Well wishes to you!

Curious about the post surgery weight gain. What was he cause?

It is mostly due to the large amount of fluids they give you. My IID bands were very lose when I arrived and were tight when I left. My fingers were like sausages. The purpose is to prevent dehydration for the first few days home. It is a little tough to drink at first. Day 2 after surgery it took me 12 hours to drink the two 16oz bottles of Water that they wanted me to finish. Now at 5 days out I can drink a bottle in an hour or two. Dehydration is one of the most common reasons that bariatric patients wind up back in the hospital. All part of the process.

Hey all. Just wanted to update. Had surgery around 4 and I'm doing ok. Some gas pain in chest and stomach but not horribly unbearable. Taken a couple Gas X strips and they do seem to help along with my walking. Nurses, doctors and all staff here at the Mi hospital. Can't complain at all. Still feeling a little loopy and going to go get some sleep but wanted to fill you all in!

Hey all! I'm set to leave for th hospital in 4.5 hours... First surgery of the day! So nervous I can't even think about sleeping. But I'm so excited at the same time! My dr had me drink a heavy dose of milk of mag all throughout my day today... That was NOT fun.. Just have to keep telling myself it's worth it! Good luck to everyone!!

There seems to be so many of us having surgery this month. I am glad not to be hearing any horror stories. Today was day 5 for me, I am able to take deeper breaths now, seems the hernia repair has settled down. Still have the one incision pain, not like too many sit ups, more like a knife stabbing me. Thankfully the Toradol does take care of the pain for a while. I am still very swollen, I am peeing like a race horse but I am still really puffy. Still will not get on the scale, I don't want to be disappointed. I will get on it next Thursday, the day I started drinking fluids after the surgery. No problems drinking, still, no nausea, vomiting or dizziness. I am getting my Protein in---I drink 2 of the nectar's a day, thats 46 gms of protein. Drink 1 cup of injury chicken Soup - 20 grams and 1 cup of milk - 8 grams. So that is 64 grams of protein for the day. I am not sure if the milk is causing my gut to rumble or not. I need to drink it earlier in the day tomarrow to see if it does the same thing. I hope I have not become lactose intolerant. Will check it out and let you'll know. I am thinking of you all, praying that all works out well! I am keeping a positive attitude and I know that "this too shall pass".

So I'm at the hospital! In my gown! Nerves are high but I'm ready... Mom and boyfriend are here with me. Waiting on my IV and finishing my registration. 8am surgery! Lets get sleeved!

So I'm at the hospital! In my gown! Nerves are high but I'm ready... Mom and boyfriend are here with me. Waiting on my IV and finishing my registration. 8am surgery! Lets get sleeved!

good luck with your procedure.....everything will be wonderful. I go tomorrow