Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

I am September 19th! From new mexico

Yay!! That's my day also! I gotta be there at 7 am!

So how do you use the heating pad? Is it placed directly on your tummy?

The heat pad goes on your back.. close to your shoulders. I does help with the pressure and pain when breathing.

Good luck to all those awaiting surgery this month. I had mine on 9/3 and am feeling almost back to normal. I took two weeks off work and am going back on Tuesday' date=' even though I could have gone back after one week. I have enjoyed the extra rest.

A couple of things to expect. First, they fill your abdomen with a gas that enables them to see what they are doing better. That is what is uncomfortable when coming out of recovery. You feel pressure in your chest and hopefully they will remind you that it is normal because if you didn't know it, you would worry. It is uncomfortable.

I wasn't allowed even ice chips until after the GI to make sure there were no leaks. I thought that was very uncomfortable also. I was given mouth swabs though.

I had a tube in my nose for the first day and that was uncomfortable. It wasn't horrible getting it removed but it burned for a minute.

Getting up and sitting up seems to really help get you on the road to recovery. I had a morphine pump and frankly, I don't remember that much about the 2 day hospital stay. I had no complications which I'm very grateful for.

I went home with a drain tube and got it taken out at my first appointment which was 7 days post-op. As soon as that came out, I felt great and could move so much better without soreness.

Now, after 11 days, I'm 14 lbs down and able to drink without feeling burpie and no discomfort.

I can't say I was ever in any serious pain. There were just parts that were uncomfortable. I don't think I have any huge pain tolerance or anything. I've had two children and my gall bladder removed in my lifetime and I would say it was mildly worse than the gall bladder surgery and not as bad as a c-section. (I don't know if that helps puts anyone's mind at ease a little, but I hope it does.)

Good luck again![/quote']

Good advise. :)

I got to have ice chips only till the GI

I didn't have a morphine pump, but the nursing staff was on top of everything.

I also got to go home after 1 night.

Made me do happy to be home.

Good luck to every one having surgery this week, those who are still waiting doing the pre-op diet hang in there. There is an end in sight & it is worth it. Keep us posted on everyone's story.

I'm routing for each of you!

We all know how long we've waited for this.

I have no regrets. In hind sight now I wish my nerves wouldn't have been as bad as they were.

Now I figure it's all part of the process.

Again good luck & may you all have a speedy recovery. :)

September 2013 Sleeve Buddies. It's a private group. If ure interested let me kno. I'll email u an invite.

My email is mizz.Reyes@live.com I have a page also its called bariatric friendz & supporters thanksss

Surgery was 9/10. I still have discomfort from the large incision. People say it's like doing too many sit ups, not for me, it's like a knife stabbing me. It's toloralbe for the time being. I was hoping to be finished taking the pain mads, Toradol, bit I think I will probably be takeing them tomorrow also. They do take the edge off. I am getting my fluids and Protein in, well, mabe a bit short on the protein but not by much. Walking does help a lot! Drinking the injury chicken Soup, not bad. Really working on not getting dehydrated, don't have the time or $ to go get hydrated at the hospital. Sipping like there is no tomorrow. Still no hungar pain, but this afternoon started to get some head hunger. Just have to keep my eye on the prize! Good luck to you all, I understand fully. Let me know if I can help at all.

One more question. on u tube a lady was talking about chili from Wendy's. Sounded sooooo good, does anyone know how to break it down so it could be an option for us? THANKS for all you all do, it is so nice to know I am not alone trying to find myself going through this a lone! Will try to hook up on the Facebook site. Good night to all, hope tomorrow is better than today!

So how do you use the heating pad? Is it placed directly on your tummy?

I would just place it over my shirt on my belly. Never directly on my tummy. Should on be on for 20minutes at a time no longer.

Well the storms in Colorado yesterday delayed all flights and I wasn't able to get my flight into San Diego so stayed in Denver last night and fly in around noon today and go directly to Mi hospital from there. I'm assuming by the time pre-op testing is done it might be supper time or so by the time I get into surgery. Will keep you informed when I can!

Hi I'm Cathy!

I am booked for surgery on September 2nd with Dr. Alejandro Lopez in Tijuana. I am very excited, but nervous for the pre op diet.

He will be my Dr also. How do you like him? Was it like you expected?

I had my surgery sept 10. I went from lap and to sleeve. Pretty rough couple days. Feels like someone beat my diaphragm to death. Water didn't go down very well the 1st day.All I wanted to do was sleep.< /p>

Yay!! That's my day also! I gotta be there at 7 am!

I do too! How are you doing on the pre op diet?

Well the storms in Colorado yesterday delayed all flights and I wasn't able to get my flight into San Diego so stayed in Denver last night and fly in around noon today and go directly to Mi hospital from there. I'm assuming by the time pre-op testing is done it might be supper time or so by the time I get into surgery. Will keep you informed when I can!

Good luck to you and speedy smooth recovery...

I would just place it over my shirt on my belly. Never directly on my tummy. Should on be on for 20minutes at a time no longer.

My surgery was on the 9th... and I was in so much gas pain when the nurse offered the heat pad... she placed it on my shoulders instead. It did not help a lot.