Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

Surgery is 5 days away, Sept 11! Last night I fell off the liquid wagon HARD! I ate some chips, 2 pcs of toffee and 6 Gummy bears. I can't believe I did it, and I was so upset afterward. I've been doing so well otherwise, not sure what happened. It makes me doubt I am mentally prepared ready for this. Of course I'm full steam today, but the slip up keeps haunting me!

Today is my last day off work until surgery day so I'm trying to get organized and the house clean. Next day off I'll be leaving my house at 3:45AM so that I can be at the hospital by 4:30!

All liquids for 2 or 3 weeks ain't easy!!! Maybe that's why we have to be on them for soooo long!

All liquids for 2 or 3 weeks ain't easy!!! Maybe that's why we have to be on them for soooo long!

Agreed COMPLETELY!

Check on FMLA and does your employer not offer short term as part of your insurance...when I read post like this is makes me think how thankfuIl i am for my insurance. I dont have to use any vacation or sick time' date=' I get short term pay which is about 70% of my regular pay and it starts on day one. I gained about 3 pound since my 1st visit Im worried he will say something I go in for my nut pre op meeting on Wednesday and my Dr pre op on Friday Im only have to do a 2 day liquid but have already started just to get a jump start...best of luck to uou and hopefully no more delays[/quote']

I'm also using short term disability. I have to use 3 days of PTO/Vac time and then the STD kicks in at 60% of my base pay. I'm taking 4 weeks off.

I need some help... After a 2 year fight with insurance and doctors my surgery was approved last week and I'm set to go for the 16th. I'm 24 years old and keeping it private. I've told my boyfriend (my biggest support)' date=' my cousin who will be at the hospital with us and my mother. My father is remarried to a horrible woman who has bad a problem with me and my brother since day one. On the other hand she holds my insurance. My mother told me this morning that she's so stressed out that I am not telling my father and if I don't tell him then she's going to! This is personal and I'm 24 years old! I told her she does not have my consent to tell him and that I will never trust her again (she's pulled this crap with me before). What do I do?! Can she legally do this to me? I'm so angry that she's doing this to me after knowing my fight! His wife can just pull the insurance coverage on me and then what? I'm so upset.[/quote']

Not sure I'm following you...is your mom going to tell your dad or the new wife is going to tell him? New wife holds your health insurance and is threading to cancel you??

Your surgery is scheduled only 1.5 weeks away. Even if she cancels you now, the coverage would still be in effect until the end of the month I would think. I think you're in the clear for having surgery. She shouldn't be telling your business if you've asked her not to tell, However, the fact that she knows what you're having done is information she got from you. I'm not sure there is anyway to stop her from flapping her gums & telling your dad or anyone else she chooses. If she got your surgery info from the insurance company, that would be a violation of your HIPPA rights. I know as soon as my son turned 18 I got a letter from the insurance company that I no longer had access to his medical bills etc unless he gave them written permission to be able to discuss claims with me.

Good luck to you; I think you'll be just fine on the insurance front.

September 16th and on day 2 of my pre-op diet. Not too bad. I get 2 Protein Shakes and 1 meal a day. dinner is now my favorite part of the day! Lol

I hope it gets easier. No complaints here though, I've been looking forward to this for so long.

Not sure I'm following you...is your mom going to tell your dad or the new wife is going to tell him? New wife holds your health insurance and is threading to cancel you??

Your surgery is scheduled only 1.5 weeks away. Even if she cancels you now' date=' the coverage would still be in effect until the end of the month I would think. I think you're in the clear for having surgery. She shouldn't be telling your business if you've asked her not to tell, However, the fact that she knows what you're having done is information she got from you. I'm not sure there is anyway to stop her from flapping her gums & telling your dad or anyone else she chooses. If she got your surgery info from the insurance company, that would be a violation of your HIPPA rights. I know as soon as my son turned 18 I got a letter from the insurance company that I no longer had access to his medical bills etc unless he gave them written permission to be able to discuss claims with me.

Good luck to you; I think you'll be just fine on the insurance front.[/quote']

Thank u for your help, I spoke to my mom.... A long emotional talk and she will now be at the surgery and supports me not telling my dad.

I found out the past few days why I haven't told to many people. I actually had someone whom I thought was a big help for me in the past tell me' date=' I was taking the easy way out. I about wanted to burst into tears. I held them back & said, you obviously have no idea what this is... Now my decision is solid. No one else will no. I don't need that in my life, it's part of why I am the way I am, I don't need approval from anyone, this is my life & I'm taking it back for me. :)[/quote']

Hi! So sorry about the insensitive people out there! I read the book "the emotional first aid kit" and found it very helpful for giving me strategies for all kinds of situations. I highly recommend it.

Im home from surgery. Everything went well. My church family was around a lot to help me and make sure thing went well in the hospital. For anyone else going I would say make sure to take our own pillow. It helped a lot to have extra pillows.

Good luck for everyone coming up in a few days.

Sept 10th... Here I come lol nervous about the surgery. I don't care about the food.., its what got me into this mess to begin with... Good luck to everyone on their surgery and journey!

I'm September 17th in Chico, Ca.

I have my blood work,chest X-rays and EKG today along with all my pre hospital paperwork. I have been for the past week working on cutting out food, so I start my liquid stage tomorrow. Only food I have to cut out now is Protein Bars. I have to say it feels real now! Super excited for my new life

I got my date for sept 20 on Wednesday this week so currently on day 2 of my pre op diet hard at times but, hey no one said it was going to be! I am a little anxious but also excited for the future!

My surgery is on the 17th of sept. And I don't know what to do, I had a slice in a half of pizza.. Ugh I feel so bad this liquid diet is not going to well..

Wow somebody your pre-op diets are long... My surgery is Tuesday and my pre op diet starts tomorrow.... 2-3 weeks is long but you lose a lot of weight during that time.

*somebody (some of your)

Mandynoel

Mine is the 24th and the only liquid diet is the day before