Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best money i have ever spent

Past 3 days I have been battling nausea and even vomitted twice. Almost 4 weeks post op so I had thought I was getting better. Then I got to pureed diet. Really hard time coming up with meal ideas. Guess my new blender really didn't puree enough and the bits were irritating my baby tummy. So today I bought a Vitamix. Best thing I have ever spent money on. It purees anything even an avocado seed. You can make low carb Peanut Butter with just unsalted peanuts. Its amazing and now the food is going down so much better. Worth every penny. Comes with a very nice cookbook.

That's great! I love my VitaMix!

I got lucky. Had gift certifcates from our wedding at sur la table and got a 10% registry discount. Ended up paying $175. I am so impressed with its performance. Endless recipes.....I already love it too!

Love my VitaMix! I've had mine about 15 years and have gotten so much use out of it. It purees ice like it's nothing, too--super smooth smoothies.< /p>

My hubby has wanted this forever but I always said its too pricey. Its truly amazing and so necessary right now.

NurseBarbie, what were you using before the vitamix blender? I have a couple food processors (really old, from the 80's) and just an everyday blender.......figured they'd be fine for the puree stage.....now I'm wondering.....Thanks!

A brand new cuisinart blender. Didn't even puree all that well. Vitamix purees even roasted chicken! I have more food options now.

Vitamin is the best!!! That's great you had the gift certificates to help out with the expense. I paid full price, but got mine through QVC and did 5 value pays so that was helpful. I know costco has a good deal too if you pay it all at once.

We saved those gift certificates for a year. Didn't quite know what to use them for. So glad we waited. Maybe others can check out qvc and see

And see if they can get the same kind of deal. Its really worth it and I'm a bargain shopper.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Really unless you are planning on using it (and they are great don't get me wrong) past the purée stage they are not worth it...

Purée stage is so short lived unless you have major disposable income..

I bought a magic bullet and was able to purée my chicken in it just fine...

Like I said a vita-mix is awesome if you have uses for it beyond purée

Came with a big cookbook for Soup, breads, smoothies, all sorts of stuff. My hubby has wanted it forever. I had wanted the magic bullet but since we had gift certificates he won. Otherwise I'm not sure I would have paid $600 for a blender.

Really unless you are planning on using it (and they are great don't get me wrong) past the purée stage they are not worth it...

Purée stage is so short lived unless you have major disposable income..

I bought a magic bullet and was able to purée my chicken in it just fine...

Like I said a vita-mix is awesome if you have uses for it beyond purée

I'm wondering if my kitchen aid stick blender would work---used to puree my son's baby food with something like it....I'll experiment this week with whatever I cook for hubby and see what kind of consistency it can produce. Thanks for your post....not sure I can justify buying the vitamix.

Pattygee..yes i used my cuisinart immersion blender every day. pureed foods and mixed my shakes. I wore it out so now using my regular blender if i do a shake. I miss my stick blender though. Esp like the other night when i made lentil soup!