Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from the manhattan area

Hi I don't have an appt yet just have to see the psychologist, anyone had there surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital by Dr. Yatco, and of You did how was your experience with him and your surgery, need some assurance and support.

Hi. I had my surgery on 7/23 at Lenox hill and dr. Yatco was my surgeon. I'm 8 days post op so far so good. I was in the hospital a little longer for nausea but other than that I've been okay. I have my follow up appt tomorrow.

Hi. I had my surgery on 7/23 at Lenox hill and dr. Yatco was my surgeon. I'm 8 days post op so far so good. I was in the hospital a little longer for nausea but other than that I've been okay. I have my follow up appt tomorrow.

That's good to hear I was a little apprehensive never heard anything about him so glad that now someone can actually write about it and I can hear it first. Lol

That's good to hear I was a little apprehensive never heard anything about him so glad that now someone can actually write about it and I can hear it first. Lol

Hope you continue to feel good, how did you take care of your nausea?? And is it completely gone. Have you actually lost anything since .

I'm not gonna lie. The first 4 days in the hospital were tough. I had a lot of chest pain for the gas/air which I heard was normal. The first night was the worst. They have me meds for the nausea and meds for the pain. I was actually put in a room with another woman who Dr. Yatco did the sleeve on. My surgery was at 130 and hers was at 430. She didn't have the chest pain I had but as the days passed she had more vomiting and nausea then i did. My nausea subsided naturally I guess. I threw up once or twice in the hospital and I haven't had any issues at home. I'm mostly weak from not being able to get a lot in. I really have to concentrate on getting in fluids and Protein. And being full feels completely different then it used to. If I drink too much I can feel it sit in my chest/throat area for a few mins. My stomach churns a lot but I attest that to Just getting used to things again while healing. I have to push myself to walk which takes a lot of energy. Overall I think I'm doing good.

Oh and I have lost 30 pounds since last Sunday (when I had my last meal). Since the day of surgery I have like 20 pounds.

Oh and I have lost 30 pounds since last Sunday (when I had my last meal). Since the day of surgery I have like 20 pounds.

Wow sounds pretty scary, I mean the chest pains . I'm a little scary cat I would be freaking out. So does everyone stay that long in the hospital? That's a long time 4 days and are they sure the chest pains are from gas and won't lead to further complications. I fear all that I wonder is it worth it. I mean I want to be healthy and thinner but wonder if all that is worth being 50 or more pounds thinner? And 30 pounds that's great congrats you only need 20 more ?? What was ur starting weight? Mine is probably now 224 I'm short and small boned so when I lose weight my fear is I'm gonna look sickly. Well I hope your journey isn't too difficult. feel free stop and chat anytime and say how your doing.

I'm in NYC as well. I'm getting my surgery at Columbia Presbyterian.

I'm in NYC as well. I'm getting my surgery at Columbia Presbyterian.

@cheryldiane80 when is ur surgery mine is Sept 10th

@cheryldiane80 when is ur surgery mine is Sept 10th

I don't have a date yet as I just started the process but shooting for early December.

I don't have a date yet as I just started the process but shooting for early December.

And very excited for you that's less than a month away!!! :D

And very excited for you that's less than a month away!!! :D

Yes and I'm very scared and anxious and excited at the same time. You hear all these stories if pain gas and stomach noises can't eat or drink like before and I get a little worried ya know. I know this is what I want because although alit of people are like what u look nice curves are great big and beautiful embrace ur curves I feel uncomfortable that I can't wear a size 10 or smaller because my ass don't fit in it or the cute little bathing suit although I try to look on the brighter side of things and eat right and excercise just not enough.

Hi all, upper Manhattan here. 7 weeks post op. I was sleeved 5/29/15 at NY Presbyterian.

SW 305

CW 232