Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree that I need to be careful!! I'm going to call my Dr!!

I don't believe I was the one lashing out!! I believe that people were lashing out on me!! I was just asking if people moved into the next stage faster than planned with medical consent!!

I was just simply asking and it seems that people think I'm going to eat a can if cheese whiz or something. Lol

I will be just fine without the negativity.

Hi Softballmom! I am 7 weeks out. Until last week, I didn't understand when others said they were hungry. But last week it hit me. This crazy gnawing feeling of hunger. I started taking omeprazole because I had been told in my classes that excess stomach acid can mimic hunger. After 3 days the feeling subsided. Are you on a PPI for stomach acid?

Try not to jump ahead in your stages, because you just had your stomach sliced and stapled. It's dangerous to eat ahead of your doctor's plan. One person on our forum relayed a story of a patient who ate Pasta two weeks out and his stomach burst. He died. Please be careful.

My BF is three weeks post op and he had half an omelet, grits and and English muffin for brunch. He did experience a bit of discomfort from being too full but the feeling soon passed. All you can do is try and see what happens! Your body will let you know if you're ready.

That's exactly what I was asking!!! I was curious to see if others had moved into phases more quickly than the Dr told them. With Medical advice, they were allowed too!! I plan on calling my Dr. Thanks for understanding!! I will never again ask questions on here due to the sarcasm!! Good luck to everyone but it seems that I will stick to my own support system!!!

Whoa there, huffy much? There really is no need to react to the help you've been offered this way. Sorry but it sounds like you will never ask questions here again because it takes too long to get the answer you want to hear.

I was sleeved on Tuesday the 16th. I am where you are on this path. I am on thin liquids ( they must easily go through a wire strainer). That will last for 3 weeks then on to 3 weeks of mushies. The difference is that I am not hungry, not even tempted. The remaining stomach is small and being made even smaller by swelling. I do not doubt that you want to eat but I have no doubt its head hunger. If you are fighting a war with that this early in the game you have quite a time coming up if you don't get control of it now. Do yourself a favor and find something you can enjoy that is on the plan for your stage. Full is full right? It shouldn't matter if you're full of wontons or full of cream Soup from a satisfaction point of view. The warmth of the Soup will go a long way toward making you feel more satisfied. It very well could matter what you're full of from a physical point of view though. If not your Dr would have given you different instructions.

That's exactly what I was asking!!! I was curious to see if others had moved into phases more quickly than the Dr told them. With Medical advice, they were allowed too!! I plan on calling my Dr. Thanks for understanding!! I will never again ask questions on here due to the sarcasm!! Good luck to everyone but it seems that I will stick to my own support system!!!

Hi Softballmom, I think everyone is coming from a place of concern. This is just my understanding of the process (based on research before having the surgery - I only had the surgery a week before yours), but your incisions are still healing inside. To put food on top of the incision could cause infection, possibly ripping - basically consequences that could compromise your health. I've had experience with incision issues with my teeth once: I had my wisdom teeth removed and was placed on a liquid diet then. The broth I used at the time had seasoning in it (just several tiny bits of green floating around in the soup). Those herbs, however, caused my jaw to swell horribly due to infection. I couldn't believe that something so small could cause such issues. That said, please don't rush yourself, not because it'll affect your weight loss; please don't rush because of your HEALTH. And please reconsider leaving the site; the people here are very supportive and have lots of information that can help you through this journey. Best wishes.

Today is the first day I'm feeling actual hunger pangs! I haven't been hungry at all for the past three weeks, but today DO NOT let a cow pass me cuz I might eat him alive! Now, when I first came onto this board, I wanted to ask how anyone dealt with severe hunger at the clear liquid stage, but after reading the thread I read some awful, awful things that concerned me (particularly, the patient who ate Pasta two weeks out and died, for instance). I've read that people have waited a month to get to soft foods, I've read that some have waited three weeks. Now, according to my info, I can start eating soft foods on Tuesday (entering my third week). That seems soon based on the posts I've read. Am I anxious to eat pasta? No, but I'd kill for some broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage even if I had to boil it down to kingdom come. But my question is now this: have any of you been allowed to eat soft foods at week 3 (or is it maybe that I'm reading my form wrong - I'm counting from July 9-16 as week 1, the 16th-23 as week 2).

I was sleeved on Monday' date=' July 15th. I'm really ready for the mushy stage. Do you think some people can handle it more than others?? I had wonton Soup last night and ate 2 wontons with no problem. It filled me up too!! I have the feeling of hunger and it won't go away!! I'm ready to try a few things?? What do y'all think???[/quote']

I was sleeved on the 15 too, I would not eat anything that isn't approved by your surgeon yet. You might feel like you can handle it, but they have go in stages so your staple line can heal to avoid leaks. If you feel your ready, call your doctor and ask.

Today is the first day I'm feeling actual hunger pangs! I haven't been hungry at all for the past three weeks, but today DO NOT let a cow pass me cuz I might eat him alive! Now, when I first came onto this board, I wanted to ask how anyone dealt with severe hunger at the clear liquid stage, but after reading the thread I read some awful, awful things that concerned me (particularly, the patient who ate Pasta two weeks out and died, for instance). I've read that people have waited a month to get to soft foods, I've read that some have waited three weeks. Now, according to my info, I can start eating soft foods on Tuesday (entering my third week). That seems soon based on the posts I've read. Am I anxious to eat pasta? No, but I'd kill for some broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage even if I had to boil it down to kingdom come. But my question is now this: have any of you been allowed to eat soft foods at week 3 (or is it maybe that I'm reading my form wrong - I'm counting from July 9-16 as week 1, the 16th-23 as week 2).

OK, I think I'm delirious; I realized I just questioned if third week is too early, when I could be at three weeks myself (I'm hungry, guys). So my question REALLY is regarding my sense of timing - meaning the dates themselves in terms of the three weekers: are you saying that you ate soft foods "at week 3" or "three weeks after surgery" which would now be the 30th?

OK' date=' I think I'm delirious; I realized I just questioned if third week is too early, when I could be at three weeks myself (I'm hungry, guys). So my question REALLY is regarding my sense of timing - meaning the dates themselves in terms of the three weekers: are you saying that you ate soft foods "at week 3" or "three weeks after surgery" which would now be the 30th?[/quote']

I was on purée starting when I got home from the hospital, and then moved to soft/mushies at 2 weeks, and was told to eat solids before my 6 week appointment. My plan may seem too soon for some, but I'm following the direction of my surgeon and dietician. If you personally feel you may be ready for something, contact your dietician or doctor and ask.

My BF is three weeks post op and he had half an omelet, grits and and English muffin for brunch. He did experience a bit of discomfort from being too full but the feeling soon passed. All you can do is try and see what happens! Your body will let you know if you're ready.

This is the perhaps the worst advise I have ever heard. Your BF, somehow, is able to eat more and the wrong kinds of foods at 3 weeks post op than most people can or should at 6 months out. In addition to that you actually tell someone to push the envelope and unless there are problems that develop, they are fine? Wow!

Do you think playing Russian Roulette is a good idea too? After all there is a 5 in 6 chance that everything will be just fine.

This is the perhaps the worst advise I have ever heard. Your BF' date=' somehow, is able to eat more and the wrong kinds of foods at 3 weeks post op than most people can or should at 6 months out. In addition to that you actually tell someone to push the envelope and unless there are problems that develop, they are fine? Wow!

Do you think playing Russian Roulette is a good idea too? After all there is a 5 in 6 chance that everything will be just fine.[/quote']

Welcome to the new VST.... :P

Well Well well.... What do you know, talked to my Dr and he said to move to puréed foods!!! Seems like I will just stick to my Drs advice since I got beat up with sarcasm!

Hope everyone is doing great..... Now off to find me some yummy soup!!!

Well Well well.... What do you know' date=' talked to my Dr and he said to move to puréed foods!!! Seems like I will just stick to my Drs advice since I got beat up with sarcasm!

Hope everyone is doing great..... Now off to find me some yummy soup!!![/quote']

A couple of people here owe you an apology for lashing out at you. Then again those ones who are such sticklers on the rules were probably ones who don't follow there drs rules to the T. Enjoy your Soup girl you deserve it!!

Hmmmm.......Did you ask him if wontons were on your approved list of foods?

Well Well well.... What do you know, talked to my Dr and he said to move to puréed foods!!! Seems like I will just stick to my Drs advice since I got beat up with sarcasm!

Hope everyone is doing great..... Now off to find me some yummy soup!!!

Is that a nah-nee-nah-nee boo boo? SNORT!! Are wontons pureed? ;)

Since you like to be so so nice..... Actually I did and she said that that would be considered more of a soft food and I should wait. She did say that it was good that I tolerated it so well. She suggested adding more kinds of puréed foods first. So..... Maybe all the oh so loving and nice people will be happy with that!!!