Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My mind is going to "what if he did the bypass instead?"..

Ok, so I had my band to sleeve revision this past Tues (4 days ago, major ouchy). Spent 2 nites in the hospital. When my dr came into see me yesterday for discharge, he asked if I was staying in the area. Yes, for 24 hrs, as recommended. They're 3 hrs away and he sees pts from different states too. When I looked suprised to hear "you waiting till Monday before you go home". I then stated that I had not had GB but the sleeve. He says "oh yeah".

I'm so paranoid thats where alll my pain is coming from, the gastric bypass my dr did on me instead of the sleeve. Is it possible? What am I gunna do? I didn't want the GB. I'm convinced that this is my case. I know it's not, really, but I'm really worried. Short of getting an xray how do I tell if I had the sleeve done or bypass?

I know I'm probly being paranoid

If you're really concerned you can request a copy of your operative report from the hospital. That will clearly outline what was done.

From what I've read you have a the sleeve right? But a different type of sleeve than most of us..

You said he did a sleeve plication?

I am confused about that part... So in a normal sleeve plication they fold and suture the stomach.

But on yours he took out some stomach? Then stapled, folded and sewed?

I don't know how that works, but perhaps that why your pain is so much more intense?

Exactly what I had done. They cut, took out, and stapled/folded my stomache to prrent leaks. Not sure why im so nscare of this, but Im wondering why it hurts me much more than someone else. Im not usually a big baby....

I thought this was how ll sleeves r done??

Exactly what I had done. They cut' date=' took out, and stapled/folded my stomache to prrent leaks. Not sure why im so nscare of this, but Im wondering why it hurts me much more than someone else. Im not usually a big baby....

I thought this was how ll sleeves r done??[/quote']

No it's not... i should day that I've not heard of it, but thats not saying much! you said your stomach was a mess from the band (yes I read your other thread)

So I'm sure he did this because the tissue was compromised... Just sounds painful!

But you know your body and your pain tolerance. If you feel there is something wrong do put a call in.

You are really worried about your pain. If you are having THAT much pain, contact your physician. But for the most part - pain is normal. Ice, heat, pain meds, resting between ambulation, distraction, positioning, all these can help manage your pain.

I had a couple nurses who didn't seem to remember that I had a VSG instead of a bypass and had to correct them. As a health care worker, I can see how that can happen. You have a patient population that is treated similarly for recovery and you have X number of patients, once in a while you get them mixed up. Maybe not the people, but which was done. I work on a post-op unit and sometimes I have to glance at my report sheet just to make sure that I remember the right side the patient had surgery on (Granted, by the first couple hours is over and I've actually gotten a chance to interact with them I will remember every time I go in). I have a feeling it just got jumbled up in his brain.

If you are worried, request your medical records from the facility as well as the report from the operation. But I have a feeling it was just that he does a ton of surgeries and sees an incredible number of patients per week and he just misspoke.

Ok, so I had my band to sleeve revision this past Tues (4 days ago, major ouchy). Spent 2 nites in the hospital. When my dr came into see me yesterday for discharge, he asked if I was staying in the area. Yes, for 24 hrs, as recommended. They're 3 hrs away and he sees pts from different states too. When I looked suprised to hear "you waiting till Monday before you go home". I then stated that I had not had GB but the sleeve. He says "oh yeah".

I'm so paranoid thats where alll my pain is coming from, the gastric bypass my dr did on me instead of the sleeve. Is it possible? What am I gunna do? I didn't want the GB. I'm convinced that this is my case. I know it's not, really, but I'm really worried. Short of getting an xray how do I tell if I had the sleeve done or bypass?

I know I'm probly being paranoid

He actually said "you're staying in town till Monday, right?" I asked him if that was necessary. And he said "Most of my bypass pts stay an extra 4 days in town"

I just reread my post. Must be the liquid vicodin....

He actually said "you're staying in town till Monday' date=' right?" I asked him if that was necessary. And he said "Most of my bypass pts stay an extra 4 days in town"

I just reread my post. Must be the liquid vicodin....[/quote']

Wish I had had liquid Vicodin!!!

Wish I had had liquid Vicodin!!!

Already thru 1/2 the bottle. You'd have to kill me first to rip it out of my cold, dead hands! It's whats keeping me upright..

Did he do a leak test? Did you see your new stomach?

If I was that concerned, I would ask for clarification. If you don't, it is going to eat at you.