Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I just a big baby?

Post op HURTS/ Alot more than I thought it would. You can't even compare it with my lapband surhery 4 yrs ago (Much easier).

Feel like I'm living in slow motion, even as I type this. When am gunna not regret having the sleeve done? Soon I hope. I hear it gets better everyday and my husband told me I'm walking a little faster. Sure doesn't seem so to me.

Yes, I have liquid Vicodin and use it as directed. Using Gas X chewables too. Come on where is everyone that a rough start but ended up loving their sleeve?

Oh and it takes me about 2 minutes to even get our of bed. Sure miss that hospital bed and all the variations it had...

Hi, I had hernia surgery and the sleeve done at the same time. You should start to feel a little better each day. After I was able to get the Protein Shakes in I really started to pick up. But don't forget it is surgery, and things need to heal up.Good luck to you.

Why did you have the revision? Was it eroding in your stomach like I've been reading on these boards lately? If that is the case you would probably be in pretty significant pain to have that removed, regardless on whether or not you did the sleeve at the same time. Most people who have had straight sleeve surgery don't seem to have as much pain as those of you that have gone through the revision. I know that doesn't make things any easier right now for you, but things should get a bit better each day. Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery!

It's not a contest to see who can have the least amount of pain so don't feel like there's something wrong with you for experiencing more than others.. Everyone's pain tolerance is different and everyone's pain is different. I had what I would consider less than the average amount of pain following my sleeve..Actually I didn't even have any pain.. just some discomfort and some stomach spasms that were quite startling. Oh, and I could drink lots and lots straight out of the gate LUCKY ME!

Now when I had my gallbladder out years ago it was the WORST pain I ever felt! I had an especially rough surgery due to the fact that my gallbladder had ruptured and the doctor had to spend a lot of time moving stuff around in there to make sure he got out all the infection. For the entire first day I couldn't get out of the bed at all.. My nurse was all "well when I had my surgery I was released the same day." When I asked for more pain medication I was informed that "most people don't need this much" Finally I complained to my surgeon about this and he ripped the nurse a new one. How DARE she compare her surgery to mine.. According to my doctor mine was the WORST gallbladder he'd ever taken out and he was quite certain I would have died had I not had the emergency surgery that day.. no wonder I had so much pain and a several day hospital stay..

Maybe you had unusual anatomy which required a bit more moving around of your organs.. or maybe there wasn't a lot of room for the doctors to work.. maybe your body has a more acute inflammatory response. Don't compare yourself to the lucky ones like me.. just recover on your own schedule. Before you know it you'll be loving your sleeve just as much as those of us who didn't have these early struggles.

Happy healing!

You had major surgery. Part of one of your organs was completely removed. Pain is normal. Excruciating pain, is not, if you are in excruciating pain (5 or above on a 1-10 scale after pain meds) call your doctor and let them know. And forgive your body - let it go at its own pace to recover.

I was not one of those people who never used the pain meds. I had no liquid pain meds left after my surgery. I didn't use them for an excessive amount of time, but I used them, yes. It took me a long time to get out of bed for weeks. Same with getting up.

I took a whole month off work. While this isn't possible for most people, I feel like it helped me. Every day I could walk a little more, move just a little faster, and hurt a little less. It's a slow, gradual process and what you are feeling is completely normal. I am about 1 week out from being a year past my surgery (July 26th) and I do not regret it a bit. Every pain, every ache, every slow time getting up. It is SO worth it. My life has done a 180 and my health is better than it has ever been. Hang in there, it does get better.

Post op HURTS/ Alot more than I thought it would. You can't even compare it with my lapband surhery 4 yrs ago (Much easier).

Feel like I'm living in slow motion' date=' even as I type this. When am gunna not regret having the sleeve done? Soon I hope. I hear it gets better everyday and my husband told me I'm walking a little faster. Sure doesn't seem so to me.

Yes, I have liquid Vicodin and use it as directed. Using Gas X chewables too. Come on where is everyone that a rough start but ended up loving their sleeve?

Oh and it takes me about 2 minutes to even get our of bed. Sure miss that hospital bed and all the variations it had...[/quote']

I was sleeved the 10th and cried every time I got up to use the bathroom, and then as I was getting back into bed. I cried when they pushed what felt like fingernail polish remover into my IV, and would wake up 45 min to an hour early and start begging for my morphine. After going home I would be stubborn and walk all over but once I parked it on the couch and fell asleep, I'd wake up crying, grab the Vicodin and sleep for another 4 hours. Get up and pee and do it all over again. My dr told me don't be too proud to need the Vicodin every 4 hours. Ice packs helped me, laying down did NOT help me, I slept at an upright position for about a week. It did start to feel better, it still it sore when bending an pushing on it an of course when I eat or drink but it has gotten much better. I'm down 15 lbs and losing about 2 every day so that's got me on the positive side. Transitioning from Clear liquids to full liquids is not easy for me so that's causing added stress but it DOES feel better.

SW: 324 DOSW: 322 CW: 309 surgery date-7/10/13 Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was shocked at the amount of pain I felt...... it was horrid.... I took to the bed.... had to have my husband or daughter help me get up..... oh the pain was bad..... took all my drugs... and then some (don't ask)..... but they helped me to sleep, which in turn helped me to feel some better.... food or shakes had no interest for me.... so liquids were the option.... but man oh man..... one day I began to fart for nearly thirty minutes straight, big ones, little ones, quiet ones, loud ones, musical ones, award winning fart-o-rama went down in my bed.... blew the sheet up in the air and it got hung int he ceiling fan... but oh the relief.... as soon as the festival of farts was over.... my pain almost ceased and I could get up on my own..... keep walking maybe like me you just need to fart.