Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! Need to choose between Dr. Aceves and Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela

I am from Alberta and looking into booking surgery in Mexico but will admit it scares me a little... ok A LOT! I have a friend who used Dr. Aceves so this naturally makes me feel better however he is double the price of Dr. Louisiana Valensuela! Please share stories if you have used either, good or bad I really appreciate it :)

Go to the Mexico forum - many people discuss their surgeries and surgeons

looks like it is to me

Time -

Both my wife and I had our sleeves done this past April by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I can't say enough about how much of a positive experience we both had. The Drs. were great and we have had zero complications. They are professional in every sense and the facility is top notch. The staff at Almater hospital were all friendly and service oriented. I would recommend using Dr. Aceves to anyone looking to get sleeved here in the US or abroad. I felt that I went to the best.. It just so happened that he was in Mexico.

Hope this helps.

I am being sleeved by Dr Aceves next week. I did extensive research, checked out complications rates, technique, etc and for me he was the obvious and best choice.

I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves this past March. I couldn't be happier with my experience.

Good luck to you on your WLS journey.

My sister, myself and 2 friends have all been sleeved by Dr Vanezuela with zero complications or issues! We all totally feel that it was the best medical experience we've all had. I would highly recommend Mexico Bariatric Center with Dr Vanezuela -a great experience!!

Dr. Aceves did my surgery over 2 years ago. I had a wonderful experience. My main reason for choosing him was that I stayed at the hospital the whole time and that was important to me. It was a big decision to go to Mexico and after surgery I wanted to feel at ease knowing I would be in a hospital in case anything went wrong. I didn't want to go back to a hotel for a few days after surgery.

Just do the research. Spend time on the computer. Call all the weight loss ctn's also a lot of booking companies that can help u. Ask lots of questions! I am having mine done thru ready 4 change with Garcia at florence but that's just me there lots of choices

I had a similar struggle when I was choosing between Alvarez and the Cabrera/Valenzuela team. In the end I chose Cabrera/Valenzuela. Even though Cabrera/Valenzuela are not as experienced as Alvarez or Aceves, they are still much more experienced than the doctor in the US I was thinking of going to. For me I felt 100% comfortable with them so why spend twice the price for a different doctor. Now, there is one poster on here (Amanda Rae) who had a cardiac condition so she specifically chose Aceves because she needed that little extra experience and expertise due to her condition.... Makes sense to me... I on the other hand didn't have any health issues and felt really confidant in Cabrera/Valenzuela.

I am having my surgery with Dr. Aceves on August 5th. I know he is more expensive than some of the Mexican doctors, but it is half of what doctors here charge and from what I can tell, he is the best. The three days in the hospital and three leak tests are important to me, plus all the glowing recommendations I have read by anyone who has been to him.

I am back from my surgery and was very pleased with the level of care I received. The staff is very responsive. If you can afford upgraded seats on the way back, I would strongly recommend that.

I used Dr Fernando Garcia in Tijuana , it went great se post under Tijuana I'm 5 days out and went to work when they were short for a little while I'm a paramedic of 25 yrs it went great, if you have any questions PM me