Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long shot but I am in my 7th week post op and I am getting vein ablation tomorrow and my vein dr prescribed celebrex 200mg tablets. Per vein dr I just took one and then realized it was a NSAID. Help!

Am I doing damage to my stomach? What damage can I do taking a NSAID? Ill talk to vein dr in the am but anyone have any advise now?

Ok I'm looking for reassurance... Ugh.

You definitely need to tell the doc that half of your stomach is a staple line and taking something that could potentially wear that away is an issue. However, if you're only taking 1 pill a day you should be just fine, it's continuous use over long periods of time that can cause harm. But again, check with him ASAP.

I'm not giving medical advice, but I take ibuprofen every day, and have since 6 weeks post op. That was approved by my surgeon, and I'm fine.

My surgeon said the only NSAID i can take is Celebrex, because it's easier on the stomach. I've been on it almost daily for two mos, with no problem. Call your surgeon if you're unsure what you can and cannot take. I'm 8 mos out.

PS: at one of my follow up appts early out, i ran thru a list of drugs and Vitamins with my surgeon's PA, to see what was ok and not ok. These drugs were basic thing i may need down the road and i didnt want to be wondering at 10 PM standing in my kitchen, feeling crappy.. wondering if i could take something or not. These drugs, for example, were alka seltzer, pepto bismol, Iron tabs, Tums, imodium, fish oil caps, Rx's like muscle relaxers, etc. Believe me it's helpful to have this info ready when you need it.

I won't supply the answers yay or nay that i was given because your doc may say something different than mine! Good luck.

I have a knee pain that I was taking Aleve for each day before surgery. The Aleve helped but I can no longer take it. I called the nurse at my Drs. office to ask about getting cortisone shots in my knee and she said that I could not do that either but did say that Celebrex was what needed to be prescribed. I am trying to hold out to see if getting some more weight off will elevate some of the pain but it makes it really difficult to exercise when my knee is killing me.

Teacher...was the no to cortisone because u had VSG or some other reason? I've had two injedtions in the past 2 weeks.

The nurse said it was because of the VSG and Cortisone being an anti-inflammatory. I have my 6 weeks check-up on Aug 1st so I am going to ask the Dr. My thought was that I wanted to get all of this Dr. stuff done before school starts back up and before my deductible year ends since it is met and I would pay nothing for the shots.

I have a knee pain that I was taking Aleve for each day before surgery. The Aleve helped but I can no longer take it. I called the nurse at my Drs. office to ask about getting cortisone shots in my knee and she said that I could not do that either but did say that Celebrex was what needed to be prescribed. I am trying to hold out to see if getting some more weight off will elevate some of the pain but it makes it really difficult to exercise when my knee is killing me.

I just want to update this because I went for my 6 weeks post-op yesterday and I asked the PA about cortisone shots and she said they were fine. She also gave me a prescription for Celebrex.

The nurse said it was because of the VSG and Cortisone being an anti-inflammatory. I have my 6 weeks check-up on Aug 1st so I am going to ask the Dr. My thought was that I wanted to get all of this Dr. stuff done before school starts back up and before my deductible year ends since it is met and I would pay nothing for the shots.

You can't have cortisone injections after being sleeved? Noooo....I'm due to have a steroid injection in my spine (back pain) next month. Maybe I should tell my surgeon? he knows nothing about it

You can't have cortisone injections after being sleeved? Noooo....I'm due to have a steroid injection in my spine (back pain) next month. Maybe I should tell my surgeon? he knows nothing about it

The nurse at my surgeon's office told me no a couple of weeks ago but I asked the PA yesterday and she said they were fine. I have an appt. on the 13th to get shots now.

All of my walking aggravated the bursitis in my hip. I had 2 cortisone shots (one in my shoulder for a recurring problem) about 3 weeks ago. I told the sports medicine doc about the VSG. No problems, no side effects. And my hip and shoulder are much better. Never heard anything about cortisone being a problem.

Celebrex and heart problems I have heard of.