Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital Nova August 2nd Anyone?

I will have folks at Nova on Aug 2nd, anyone else for that day?

Really? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? lol oh well!

Sorry, Amber! I don't really hear of many people who are having surgery at Nova, other than Dr. Kelly patients. Maybe the coordinator can let your friends know if someone else is scheduled for that week and they can connect beforehand?

~Kat

I'm August 3rd at NOVA. :)

Thanks Kat!

OOOH! JC yay! My loved one is not "on the boards" per se but I can share that someone else will be there!

Safe journey!

Everyone I've talked to that had their surgery at Nova says it is far superior to florence. I think Dr Kelly is the only Bariatric Surgeon there. florence was getting packed with Dr Garcia patients since he does numerous surgeries per day, all day long (I heard this from other patients, Dr Kelly never confirmed why.)

Since Dr Kelly is the only Bariatric surgeon there and only does a few surgeries per day, it might be unlikely to find the other 1 or 2 people scheduled. He doesn't advertise much, the more patients I meet of his I realize how much word of mouth matters.

Thanks so much for the info on Nova hospital. My 18 year old son will be having his surgery there on the 20th of Aug and I hadn't found very much info on Nova.

One of my friends who was sleeved at florence just recently went with a family member to Nova and they said Nova all the way. They said its more like an American hospital. Good luck to your son! I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers. That's a big step for someone so young, but I don't know why I waited til 35! Well I guess at 18 the opportunity just wasn't there. Good for him :)

My surgery date is this Friday, July 26th, with Dr. Kelly. Getting real excited!

I will be at Nova. I will post hospital pics once I am there.

Keep us up to date as you can Texas Poppy! Best Wishes to all. I'm feeling better about Nova now and my loved one going.

Today is my one week anniversary with Dr. Kelly and hospital Nova. You are in good hands.

JpWill - what did you think of the Hotel Lurcerna?

Oh geez, I used to travel 140+ days per year for work and stayed in some of the nicest hotels in the US.

It is a Gorgeous hotel! 4 1/2 stars at least, Westin quality beds, flat screens and in a GREAT area so you can explore on foot. Lovely!

It's nice and people are very accommodating. I just posted a long winded post about my experience.