Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Garcia self pay Mexico

I had vsg with Dr Garcia on 4/26. Great experience love thw whole team had surgery on friday flew home on monday and back to work that tuesday havent missed a day of work since .. awesome

I was sleeved by dr Garcia in march and had a fantastic experience. I went to Florence Hospital and was taken very good care of. I went alone and had no problems. I am loving my sleeve and have lost 56lbs.

I'm about 6 months into research for a sleeve. My insurance will not cover it at all. No way, no how. How much did Dr. Garcia cost? Do you go to a hotel? Is that covered in the cost? Thanks very much for all your posts - this is a tough decision to make, but I certainly can't afford to self-pay in the States.

I'm about 6 months into research for a sleeve. My insurance will not cover it at all. No way' date=' no how. How much did Dr. Garcia cost? Do you go to a hotel? Is that covered in the cost? Thanks very much for all your posts - this is a tough decision to make, but I certainly can't afford to self-pay in the States.[/quote']

For BMI's under 50 it's $4700. For BMI'S 50+ it's $5200. Everything is included in the cost except airfare. I will tell you this...it's worth every penny!!!

You get three nights in Marriott and two in hospital. I have seen some have same day surgery that they flew in on. Some want to get back home as soon as possible. It was not a problem traveling after surgery. I had a 5 hour flight. They plan and take care of it all except air travel. They have it all planned out for you for a really smooth process.

Dr. Garcia and team are highly recommended by me. I opted for same day surgery flew in on a Friday afternoon and had surgery around 3 p.m. I was to leave on Monday, but I had some issues going on with my lungs that were pre-existing. My PCP thought I had pneumonia before going to Mexico and was blaming all the shortage of breath on my weight gain. I will tell you this, "Dr. Luna, After Care Doctor, did not leave my side until I was back on US soil and followed up with me for many weeks. I guarantee that we would not get the same treatment in the states. Dr. Garcia is always available for his patients. He has a Facebook page; if you send him an email, he will respond in a timely manner. I had surgery on May 10 weight at 230; I weighed today (07.21.13) at 188; I am so happy that I pick Dr. Garcia. I added some pictures. The picture of my stomach is my incision. I had the single-incision and the incision showing is from the drainage tube.

post-54295-13813667956383_thumb.jpg

post-54295-13813667957153_thumb.jpg

post-54295-13813667958069_thumb.jpg

wow, you look great Liz210...

I'm have my sleeve done with Dr. Garcia on 8/16... also on a Friday, if you don't mind me asking... How was it being done and recovering through the weekend ? I was just a little worried I might not get the best care because it being the "weekend crew"

And Sadly I don't think Dr. Luna is with Dr. Garcia anymore.... does anyone know who the new after care Dr. is ?

Thx all

wow' date=' you look great Liz210...

I'm have my sleeve done with Dr. Garcia on 8/16... also on a Friday, if you don't mind me asking... How was it being done and recovering through the weekend ? I was just a little worried I might not get the best care because it being the "weekend crew"

And Sadly I don't think Dr. Luna is with Dr. Garcia anymore.... does anyone know who the new after care Dr. is ?

Thx all

[/quote']

Your hospital care won't change because your operation falls on a weekend! It's a full service hospital, you will receive excellent care regardless.

Dr Velasco is the new after care Dr. She's amazing!!

I was sleeved on Friday and both of my surgeoms followed up woth me on Sat and Sun. I had awesome care.

@ Judi- 4700.00 You spend 3 nights in the hotel and 2 in the hospital, ALL covered! Even your guest is covered for lodging, however if they want to eat and buy souvenirs they will need to spend their own money, OH and tips for the bell boys and the driver aren't covered so bring about $20 extra cash.

Thank you for all the information, everyone. I really appreciate it.

Dr. Garcia charges $4700. if you have a bmi under 50. It goes up from there but not a crazy amount. It includes 3 nights at the Marriott ( I night pre op and 2 nights post op) It also includes ground transportation from the San Diego Airport. You can also bring a guest, because you get a private room at the hospital which you share with your guest. You will stay 2 nights at Florence Hospital. I am scheduled for 8/30/13, the Friday before Labor Day. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of Dr. Garcia's patients and I am so confident in my decision. I am so ready!!!

Where did Dr luna go? He called me almost every day when I had to go into the hospital!